MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-12-2002, 06:23 PM   #1
elliotness
Registered Member

Default So how much is it going to cost!!!!!

I am psyched. Just got promoted, Birthday next week, I'll 35 yrs of age.

Finances are in order and I finally get to buy the car I always wanted. Problem is nobody knows how much the thing is going to cost. I read in an automotive mag that an SVT is going to cost around 35K. Has anyone else heard anything.

I live in Texas the closest SVT dealer is in Albuquerque. What is the best way to go about getting a car.

Some ideas on how not to get ripped off the dealer would be helpful.
elliotness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 06:36 PM   #2
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Welcome to the boards, elliotness.

Yeah, Ford's price for the Cobra is going to be around $35,000. We'll see what they actually go for at the dealer. They are scheduled for delivery sometime in the later half of May, I believe.

The best bet to get one is to head to your dealer and order one. A friend of mine put in an order and reserve payment on one several weeks ago. He has a few connections within the dealer, so he was able to get a guarantee that he would not pay more thant Ford's MSRP.

That looks to be one SWEET car. I've been told I get to drive it when he gets it .

By the way...where are you located? I'm living in Amarillo mostly, but am around Plainview and Lubbock quite often.

Good luck. I always say if you have the resources available to you to get something you want, go for it. If money ever becomes too tight for some unseen reason, I guarantee you will be able to sell the car in a heartbeat.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 06:44 PM   #3
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Exclamation Cobra jones

elliotness:

Silver_Pilate is correct, expect to pay about $35,000. for a new Cobra.

Unlike some other vehicles, there is no 'dealing' on a new '04 SVT Cobra..demand is way too high, availability too low.
Your goal is to not pay over MSRP and many Ford dealers tack on a $1500 - $3000. mark-up and you can 'take it or leave it' as they know they'll sell the Cobra at any price (almost).

I don't know your area (I'm in CT) but get to a Ford SVT dealer ASAP and get your money down and your order in - now!
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 07:51 PM   #4
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

welcome to mw, hey shop around on the net, a guy at work bought a p t cruiser & paid 1500 more than what it really cost , dont jump on the first thing you find, after he bought the p t they went way down in price,

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 03:37 AM   #5
Unit 5302
Registered Member

I don't even know the true production figures on the 2003 Cobra. Last I heard they were planning on making what? 1000?

The pricing hasn't been released on the Mach 1 yet, although many expect the 6500 model production run car to be priced in the low 30's for MSRP, I've heard demand for the car is so high, people may wind up paying in excess of $40k for them. I have heard one person say their friend plunked down cash on one already, and they agreed to a price of $48k??!!

I really don't think the Mach 1 will see too much price inflation on a production run of 6,500 units, but who knows?

Back to the Cobra, if they build a real reserved quantity, you may want to haggle right now to make sure you get a good deal on one.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote