MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-14-2002, 07:42 PM   #1
11 Second Cobra
Registered Member

Default Fox Lake: Anyone have any input?

My motor grenaded at the dragstrip earlier in the week. I've been looking for a new shortblock, I have heard nothing but good things about Fox Lake Power Products. I have had a chance to speak at length with Tim, they seem like good people and I know other folks who have been very happy with head work done by them.
Just wondering if anyone has had a bad experience with them? If you want, e-mail me with your reply if you would rather not post here.

I'm planning on having them build me a new shortblock and repair the damage to my heads. I hope this works out...!
11 Second Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 08:32 PM   #2
Eric4Nitrous
Registered Member

Hey man, what's up? Fox lake does some of the BEST work anywhere. Cory Roth and I are pretty good friends..and he and his dad Al do some excellent work. I highly recommened them.

Eric
Eric4Nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 09:11 PM   #3
rbatson

I can't speak from personal experience but my bud/mechanic swears by thier head porting expertise, he runs Pro5.0.
Old 04-15-2002, 10:08 PM   #4
StangFlyer
Founder

Default Fox Lake ROCKS!

Fox Lake is an advertiser of MustangWorks.com, and in fact, we also host fox-lake.com for Ron Robart, the owner of Fox Lake Power Products. (note I've linked to their site as they are a paying advertiser and support this site. Please support them!)

However, anyone that knows me well would tell you I wouldn't say someone is good unless they are - regardless. These guys are right... Fox Lake does some of the best cylinder head, porting, and machine work in the country. In fact, a lot of the big shops and mail order names actually get there ported heads and intakes from Fox Lake, and then just call them theirs. Also, a lot of the top dogs in both Fun Ford and NMRA racing are running Fox Lake stuff. I don't think you can go wrong with them...

On a personal note... both the heads and intake on Project: Death Machine (my car) were done by Ron Robart and Cory Roth at Fox Lake. AND - anyone that's seen my car will tell you it HAULS! 'nuff said.

Attached: The Stage II TFS-TW Heads ported by Fox Lake on Project: Death Machine's blown 377 Stroker...
Media Center Gallery - View my member photos
StangFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 10:43 PM   #5
11 Second Cobra
Registered Member

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I appreciate it, and I'm anxious as heck to get back running again. Today I sent them my damaged heads and my lower intake, they are going to repair the heads for me, mill them and port-match the lower intake, then build me a 347 stroker.

To say that I'm pumped is putting it mildly...!
Tremec TR-3550
FMS EFI Extender
11 Second Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote