MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-11-2002, 04:54 PM   #1
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Default Just one of those little things that drives me INSANE!!

Excerpt from CNN:

Quote:
The Central Command also said Wednesday that an investigation found that reasonable force was used against a detainee who alleged that he was beaten by U.S. guards at a holding facility in Kandahar, Afghanistan, last January.
Quote:
As guards were trying to remove his restraints during processing, the detainee was uncooperative, fell face-first on to a floor and suffered a nosebleed, the Central Command said. After the incident, new procedures were implemented, including putting blankets on the floor.
Putting Blankets on the floor?

Is this a war or a pajama party?

These are the things we are accused of while prosecuting a WAR!
While extremists have no problems kidnapping American journalists and beheadding them on camera.

Oh yea, and WE'RE the great Satan.... they can all bite my American rear end....
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 05:40 PM   #2
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

OMG that stuff pisses me off!! That is so dumb that people would actually find fault in that regarding how we are at war with people the killed thousands brutally.
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 07:23 PM   #3
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Angry Communist News Network

Hammer:

I share your frustration at the biased 'reporting' found on CNN and the networks, as well as their cable offshoots like MSNBC.

These networks are clearly biased and often borderline anti-American; certainly anti-Republican. What a war. We can pick and choose when to support it and often see the terrorists as sympathetic, as in the story you recounted for us.

Some good news; FOX.

The FOX News Network is killing CNN in the ratings (even though it's seen in 9 million less homes). It's often called 'conservative' but in reality it's so much closer to being 'Fair and Balanced' (FOX's trademark) than CNN and the others that it simply appears to be to the political right.

I love Bill O'Reilly (8 pm) and FOX's news coverage really is generally balanced and certainly not anti-American as is CNN's liberal twaddle.

Like you, I'm weary of leftist 'news' networks giving the liberal slant to everything they report, while always trying to find something, anything, wrong with America and how we conduct our war on terrorism.

Forget these old, discredited lefties and watch FOX, or just turn off the TV and get your news from the internet (which I often do when I'm too busy for TV). Either way, you'll feel better, guaranteed.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 07:28 PM   #4
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

That sounds like a whole bunch of bs. What don't the make a sponge building incase the hit the walls. What a bunch of crap. It's gotten to the point where to much bs is tolerated.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 09:44 PM   #5
Ponycar_302
Registered Member

I know what it's like to be in that situation, and it sucks. There is nothing worse than a Liberal outsider telling you how you should be doing your job when they have never been there.

I work in a maximum security prison as an officer. I have worked the RHU (Restricted Housing Unit), often referred to as "the hole". One of our jobs is to inprocess inmates into the hole for various rule infractions. This inprocessing also includes a strip search to insure the inmate has no contraband (drugs, weapons, etc).

I have seen/been part of some pretty violent skirmishes. There is nothing like a 250 pound gorilla that just ate a huge retard sandwich right before being uncuffed. I'm talking about someone doing a double or triple life sentence with nothing to lose by going apes**t on you. Not fun.

Anyway, about 4 years ago our institution was the subject of a Liberal witch hunt. The OPR (Office of Professional Responsibility) came into our jail to investigate allegations of abuse. Every inprocessing we do is video taped, so we had no worries. A lot of people were found guilty of abuse. Some were fired, some received suspensions without pay for legnths of time ranging from three to fifteen days. None deserved it. Everyone who was disiplined appealed the decision and got their time, money, and in some cases, their job back. One guy showed me a check for over six thousand dollars that the state reimbursed him for legal fees. He had to sue to keep his job.

Even though the courts and Civil Service Commission both agreed that the officers were wrongly punished there is now a stigma over our institution. When I talk to people who have never been inside a jail they ask two questions; "What kind of gun do you carry?" and "How often do you beat them?" We don't carry any weapons and we never beat them. Movies like 'The Shawshank Redemption' really give us a bad reputation. Life inside is really closer to the movie 'The Green Mile', but without the sci-fi stuff.

I know how those men in the article feel. I know what it's like to be given a shitty job, and then have a Liberal question how I do it. I know exactly what it's like to be at the center of a biased media.

Don't judge me and the job I do until you've walked the tiers with me. I feel for those men because I've walked those tiers.
Old 04-11-2002, 10:57 PM   #6
95mustanggt
Registered Member

I know buddy. If Canada were in the same position we'd get the same comments. But our government just stays out of everything and can't make up it's mind.

I support the US in there fight against terror.

I say put a bunch of thumb tacks on the floor.

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 09:03 AM   #7
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Lightbulb Accuracy in media?

Ponycar_302:

Thanks for that insight into prisoner handling in tough situations. Sounds difficult and stressful, at best.

I don't want your job but I have to commend you for doing it and taking the heat from liberal do-gooder outsiders who know nothing about what you do and just want to appear sympathetic to poor, oppressed lifers in prison. Gimme a break!

I'll supress the strong urge to go off on a rant about liberalism and liberal politicians who coddle criminals and excuse any kind of behavior if the offender is a 'minority' and poor.

Just know that you do a very necessary job and many of us appreciate it. For all the negative posts we get about the police and authority, none of us would want to deal one-on-one with the thugs and crazies you see every day. Thanks.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 10:07 AM   #8
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

i think that if you get a death sentence,you should get 1 appeal , if you lose, good night irene , enough of this letting them lay up for, 20 or 30 year's wasting, OUR money, a lot of the bs in the usa would stop. btw thank's slick willy for your 8 year's of world butt kissing, while you --oh never mind.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 10:25 AM   #9
DRASTiK
Registered Member

It's stupid things like that, that made me decide NOT to stay in the military. I'll be getting out in August. There's too much red tape and paperwork B.S. We're too concentrated on being "politically correct" in EVERYTHING we do. We can't just go get the job done anymore, we have to do it their way so nobody cries about it.

The effects are easily seen as early as boot camp. It's not nearly as tough now as it once was and I believe the Corps is paying for it by some of the people that are in it now, that would've never made it through boot camp in the past.

RHC member #75

My stang is FOR SALE!!
DRASTiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 04:57 PM   #10
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

I agree Drastik,
I was watching a special on Discovery about Navy boot camp...

Instead of seeing fond memories of the past, I see the "politically correct" brigade all over my screen...

Where we were getting killed 3 hours a day on the "confidence" course and another 5 hours doing rifle\marching drills, they now learn how to put on life jackets...

While we were going through hell getting "broken down" by the Company Commanders to form us into a military unit, they now have "sensitivity training"....

I distinctly remember many nights of getting woken up about 2 in the morning. Getting yelled at for the angle of the hospital corners on my sheets as all of us stood at attention in our skivvies....

If it was a good night the trash can didn't get thrown down the middle of the berthing while 4 of us would each take a corner of a 2 bunk bed and run in place 'till the walls started to sweat...

If one of us halted a little late after the order was given, it was a guarantee that it would be a late night....

Tough? Yes....
But it should be.... It's the 8 weeks were you learn how to deal with REAL obstacles in life, how to stop being an individual and truly become part of a team, how to perform under REAL pressure.

It is supposed to be a test to find out just what kind of person you are when all of the meaningless pretenses are stripped away.... When the going gets hot, are you going to stick in there and help defend each other and win the day? Or are you going to run and find the nearest shelter?

It's where you learn self-discipline, respect, and a sense of honor for those who fought and died before you. That's what it means to be a defender of freedom, and what it's supposed to take to be a United States fighting man or woman.

I just don't see that in the first level basic training weeks anymore. Heck, the Air Force gets the weekends off during basic training.... We got a choice: Go to church or clean the berthing. I became religous REAL quick...

Don't get me wrong, I thank God every day for the efforts of our men and women in uniform. I just think our fighting men and women have been short-changed, and in the process, we've become weaker...
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote