MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-13-2002, 07:14 AM   #1
Thad
Registered Member

Default I just bought a house!!

what's up everyone?

I finally bought a house! It's a 3/2 with a GARAGE!!! It's so awesome i've got a garage now!! YEAH! It's also got a perfect work shed out back with electric. I just had to spread some of the joy i've been feeling for the past 24hrs.
I'm going to sign the papers for everything on monday and the closing will be at the end of may! I just can't believe it's finally happened! An actual house! No more rent! It's such a beautiful thing! I'm not trying to boast or anything i'm just really excited!
My girlfriend/fiance', Joanna, is in shock right now. She's really happy but it hasn't hit her yet. Any way. You all take it easy!
I have to go think of the projects i'm gonna do to my car in that garage! See Ya!
Take It Easy,
thad
90 LX 5.0 ,bored 302, MSD 6AL, Twisted Wedge TrickFlo HDs, World class T5, BBK fender cold air induct., 70mm TB,Edelbrock performer Intake, aluminum Drve shaft, 3.55 Gears, Long Tube Headers to Flowmasters.
Thad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2002, 07:57 AM   #2
Maroon 5.0 LX
Registered Member

Good for you! You will really enjoy your own place more than you can imagine.

Just a suggestion if you haven't done it yet, get a knowledgeable home inspector to go thru the house. It could save you a bunch of money in the long run.
Maroon 5.0 LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2002, 09:08 AM   #3
gt lee

Thumbs up

Congrads man.....Its nice having your own place...but its also a lot of work...crazy wants a garage so bad especially since we got the stang..so I know he will also be happy for you...take care and fix up the garage the way you want it...Odie
Old 04-13-2002, 09:56 AM   #4
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Thumbs up Happy Homeowner

Congratulations, Thad!

Nothing like owning your own home. It is a lot of work (and money, unfortunately) but it's a great investment and gives you a nice feeling of security and stability. No more landlords!

I envy you your 'new' garage. I own a nice condo but alas, no garage. Great to have a sheltered workplace plus it keeps the car a lot nicer, out of the sun and the rain that age it.

We all wish you well in your new home. Enjoy it.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2002, 10:08 AM   #5
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Thumbs up

Very cool, man!! I agree with Maroon 5.0 LX, Get the home inspector, they go through everything. Saved my Mom a bunch of headaches.
I'll have to go up there and take a look with ya. My Mom is moving into her new place this week on my days off, so it might not be this week!!
Congratulations!
Old 04-13-2002, 11:12 AM   #6
Ponygirl67
Registered Member

Congrats on your new place!! Keep us updated on how everything is going, k?

Mare of the Month-April 2002
Ponygirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2002, 12:03 PM   #7
elliotness
Registered Member

WHHOOOOHOOO,

Sounds awesome. You need to get a big mustang decal for the wall in the g-rage.
elliotness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2002, 12:05 PM   #8
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

congrat's to both of you,it's nice to know you can do anything you want to a house, a garage? you lucky dog, when we went house hunting, i said i dont care what we buy, as long as it has a garage, well guess who has to work on the car out in the driveway , great new's let us know how it goes, l8ter

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2002, 02:01 PM   #9
rbatson

Thumbs up

Congrats!! One of the happiest days of my life was the day I moved in to my own house. Its a tax deduction and gets more valuable with time. I can remember thinking "How am I gonna make these payments?!?!" now you can't even rent a decent place for the amount I'm paying. Interest rates are great right now and you will be soo happy to have that great rate when they go back up.

My suggestions to you.. 1. Get yourself a home 'fix-it yourself' book, it will save you a ton of money. 2. Add a few bucks to the principle on the first payment, if you can, it will save you thousands on the end of the loan(even $1) if you go the whole term. 3. Put some 'emergency' money aside.. you will need it at some point. I suggest $500-1000(I had to save up my 'emergency' $ after I bought the house, but was glad I did).

The house inspector that the others guys mentioned is a real good idea, just make sure he understands that its for the buyer and not the seller (believe it or not, this does make a difference).

Again, congrats!!
Old 04-14-2002, 07:16 AM   #10
Thad
Registered Member

Talking

Thanks for the great comments all!! It is a great feeling! I am going to get te house inspected for structural and for termites. It's part of all the closing costs. That's going to be in about a week. The only thing we need now is the home owners insurance and everything will be good to go!
Joanna and I were just at home depot looking at stuff, imagining what we could do with our new home! It's so awesome!!
hey Joe maybe we can go check it out on monday, if you want.
I'll give you a call.

Thanks again for all the nice comments, you all are really cool!

I'll keep you all posted on all the latest!

take it easy,
thad
90 LX 5.0 ,bored 302, MSD 6AL, Twisted Wedge TrickFlo HDs, World class T5, BBK fender cold air induct., 70mm TB,Edelbrock performer Intake, aluminum Drve shaft, 3.55 Gears, Long Tube Headers to Flowmasters.
Thad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 10:39 PM   #11
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Cool Congrats!!!!!

Congrats Thad!!!
Ya, I've been in mine for 6 weeks, and as you prob. know, it was anything but a good expierience since I moved in.!!!!!!
If you dont know I'm sure Joe can show you the link about all tha crap I had to go thru....
HOMEINSPECTION: MAKE SURE THEY CHECK THE INSIDE OF THE FURNACE FOR CRACKS AND HOLES....not just weather it works or not! AND, like RBatson said....save some extra money aside for emergency!!! HAD I NOT done that, i'd been in a bind.....i had about $3000 extra and had to use it all for all the crap that went wrong!!!!!! (new furnace, Critter in the chimney, etc.etc.)
Ihope all goes well, and you dont have to deal w/ any of the bull**** I had to.. Its been a frigin' nightmare, and I'm ready for things to start going right!
Good luck to you and your fiance' in your new house.....whens the party???? LOL!!!! I still have not had mine yet, place is STILL not ready!!!!! Take Care and Good Luck! Topless

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote