MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-30-2003, 08:20 PM   #1
yelowjaket
Registered Member

Angry A high schooler with a bad attitude...and a 5.0

I was going home from school today. Saw a 87-93 model 5.0 at a stop light. I was behind him because there were cars in the left lane. He looks back (also, his girlfriend is in the car) and looks at me for like 5 seconds, just staring at me with this evil glow in his eyes. I'm like "umm, okie dokie" and smiled. He turns back around and guns it when it goes green. I'm like "umm, no" and proceed to stay with him until he has to turn into school. Needless to say he couldn't handle this good ole 5oh or at least he couldn't lose me like he wanted too. God I love my car. His was nice looking too, but he didn't deserve it. Actin' like he's "All that". Should i update my sig to 6-1? hmmm....no i don't think so, i didn't beat him but he certainly didn't have anything on me
-BBK equal length shorty headers
-K&N
-BBK 65mm Throttle Body
-Edelbrock performer 5.0 intake
-3.73 gears
yelowjaket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 10:03 PM   #2
LayanRubr
Registered Member

Hey was that you behind me the other day? jk, lol, but when I first got my 5.0 Id always gawk at other 5.0s (still do) like he did, maybe its just being 18
Rice Hater's Club member #20
LayanRubr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 01:58 AM   #3
0h n0 5.0
Registered Member

its jus stupid imature highschool kid with a musclecar..IMo all small towns with deep pockets are plagued by the phenomenon: too much money in the cars, too big engines, not enough sense or talent to control the power.. poor stang, i'tll be a lawn ornament by summer sounds like the way you described this joker's attitude. nice you put "junior" in his place tho...

i was on the freeway today an i saw a 94 5.0 ahead so i floored her to catch up, guy looked over at me an i gave him a thumbs up, he smiled an gave me one an took off..

musclecar confrontationsseem to be like dogs sniffin each other. its territorial untill you show em your not a threat an respec the other guy. seem to happen alot more with chevy guys.

1994 GT 5.0l
0h n0 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 01:34 PM   #4
yelowjaket
Registered Member

Default I've never seen him before

Well i've never seen him before, and he was pulling into my school. Hopefully i'll see him again, so i can show him who big daddy is. I don't understand sometimes, now i'm 18 probably the same age as him, but I don't disrespect another 5.0 and go around school talking about how fast my car is or whatever. People ask me if its fast and I tell them yes but it could be faster. You know i've never had anyone actually tell me i have a "cool" car or a "nice " car. The only people who like it are these 3 different girls at my school (no i'm not a playa ). But hey usually people will tell me how much faster their dad's brother's cousin's uncles' sister's husbands' car is than mine. I just shrug.
-BBK equal length shorty headers
-K&N
-BBK 65mm Throttle Body
-Edelbrock performer 5.0 intake
-3.73 gears
yelowjaket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 01:54 PM   #5
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Default Re: I've never seen him before

Quote:
Originally posted by yelowjaket
Well i've never seen him before, and he was pulling into my school. Hopefully i'll see him again, so i can show him who big daddy is. I don't understand sometimes, now i'm 18 probably the same age as him, but I don't disrespect another 5.0 and go around school talking about how fast my car is or whatever. People ask me if its fast and I tell them yes but it could be faster. You know i've never had anyone actually tell me i have a "cool" car or a "nice " car. The only people who like it are these 3 different girls at my school (no i'm not a playa ). But hey usually people will tell me how much faster their dad's brother's cousin's uncles' sister's husbands' car is than mine. I just shrug.
This is the best advice you will ever get about racing. "Take it to the track".........Eventually something bad will happen if you continue street racing.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 03:56 PM   #6
DAN-MAN
Confederate Cowboy

Default Re: Re: I've never seen him before

Quote:
Originally posted by Dark_5.0
This is the best advice you will ever get about racing. "Take it to the track".........Eventually something bad will happen if you continue street racing.
Yeah, what he said.

Daniel.

RHC MEMBER #25
DAN-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 12:47 AM   #7
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Default Re: Re: I've never seen him before

Quote:
Originally posted by Dark_5.0
Am I going crazy or did Dark just say something anti-street racing

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 08:39 AM   #8
chuck88
Registered Member

There is one thing I have learned about racing is that no matter what you do to your car there is always some one out there with a faster car. That's Drag Racing (TDR).

At leats this kid had a 5.0 and not a rice burner. Still it must have been fun showing him that he isnt "all that".

Chuck 88

Wife, 2 kids, busy job, "fixer upper" house, and I still have time for the Mustang!!!

I Love my kids!!!
chuck88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 09:27 AM   #9
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Default Re: Re: Re: I've never seen him before

Quote:
Originally posted by tireburner163
Am I going crazy or did Dark just say something anti-street racing
Lol.......I have no room to talk I know. We all end up learning the hard way about street racing, I was just trying to save him from that.

I have put 3 thousand miles on my cobra since I got it. About 1000 of those miles were achieved at full throttle

At his age just one street racing ticket will make it where he cant afford insurance for his 5.0.

Later,
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 01:36 AM   #10
84LX89GT
Mustangs

That kid sounded like he had no business owning a mustang, let alone having a girlfriend or racing on the street.

1980 Ford Thunderbird - 255 V8
ported heads, 5.0L ported stock headers, O.R. H-pipe and Flowmaster 2-chambers, dual roller timing chain
hi-po Mack Truck hood emblem

1985 Mustang GT 5.0L T5, F-303, GT40p, headers, off-road h, flowmasters, MSD stuff, etc.

Sold 02/06/04
1989 Mustang GT ET: 13.304@102.29 mph (5-24-03)

Sold - 1998 Mustang Cobra coupe, 1/4 mile - street tires: 13.843@103.41 (bone stock)
84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote