MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-01-2002, 04:21 PM   #1
#1 Pony
Registered Member

Question For the life of I don't understand why..

I just don't understand for those who own convertibles,
HOW CAN YOU LEAVE YOUR TOP DOWN AND GO IN THE STORE/MALL?

Mean, whould you do this with a coupe/sedan car? Leave all the windows down and go in the store? Don't you worry about it getting stolen or tappered with?
What types of alarms do you keep on it?

See I would worry about people touching stuff in my car... and so one. I mean I have a moon roof in my car and I WOULD NEVER leave it open (all the way) UNLESS I was somewhere where I could see and monitor it, then I would not mind. But here I see people with their converts in mall garages, gone for hours w/ the top down and I know they can't monitor it. I would be worried about me car the whole I was out.
I mean it's nice and all just just in the vert with the top down and drive. But people are people and some will disrespect your stuff.
#1 Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 06:33 PM   #2
Old Guy with 87 GT
Registered Member

the old .....looks to easy clause.........alot of times your average thief or wrong doer will think it's to easy ,"somone must be watching it"........it doesn't allway's work so it helps if you don't have any valuebles in the car

i don't have a convertable but i do have a t-top ,somtimes i get lazy and leave the tops off.........i'll usually put em in if i'm going to be away from the car for a while,or if i leave the car sitting somwhere i don't trust........would never go into the mall with em out.........seem's peaple don't bother it ,i've never had any problems .....but i don't keep any valuebles within reach......and i don't leave it open often......i guess peaple figuer it has an alarm

if anything i worry about sombody ,just wanting to be an a*s and throwing somthing in there (like a cigerette or trash)
87 Mustang GT T-top >hanlon t-5, pro 5.0, centerforce clutch ,adj. cable/quatrant ,3.27s ,full 2 1/2 ex(off road H) adj. reg. ,e-cam ,70mm TB, cobra intake ,1.7rr ,ported/milled e7ets w/crane springs ,306 balaced/decked short block w/speed pro forged flat top pistons ...257rwhp/302rwt
best et 13.7@102 (4/11 )

'80 Capri (future project,currently collecting parts for 351 moter)
Old Guy with 87 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 08:10 PM   #3
RAGE_5.0
Registered Member

I saw a really expensive jaguar roadster one day at the local fair with the top down. I would thing with a car like that thta you would want to keep it boarded up. Guess no. HHHHMMMMMM i wpnder how that jaguar shift knob would ahve looked in my 5.0
Old 02-01-2002, 09:10 PM   #4
#1 Pony
Registered Member

See what I mean. (Check out the attachment).
Yeah, I worry about people tossing stuff in my car too. I would be steaming!!!

A Jag??!!! Oh man.... people are way too trusting.
Attached Images
File Type: gif unwatched.gif (18.3 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by #1 Pony; 02-01-2002 at 09:15 PM..
#1 Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2002, 10:48 AM   #5
OnMy3rdStang
Registered Member

My bf has a convertible but he puts the top up when we go ito a store/mall. But he has an alarm, that is sensitive (unfortunately, it goes off sometimes just bt breathing on it lol)
Sometimes he'll leave it up if he is standing near or can watch it

The only reason I do not like convertibles is the fact that all anybody has to do to get in is slash the top even with an alarm
Old 02-03-2002, 05:04 PM   #6
Mach 1
Registered Member

Default Re: For the life of I don't understand why..

Quote:
Originally posted by #1 Pony
I just don't understand for those who own convertibles,
HOW CAN YOU LEAVE YOUR TOP DOWN AND GO IN THE STORE/MALL?

Mean, whould you do this with a coupe/sedan car? Leave all the windows down and go in the store? Don't you worry about it getting stolen or tappered with?
What types of alarms do you keep on it?

See I would worry about people touching stuff in my car... and so one. I mean I have a moon roof in my car and I WOULD NEVER leave it open (all the way) UNLESS I was somewhere where I could see and monitor it, then I would not mind. But here I see people with their converts in mall garages, gone for hours w/ the top down and I know they can't monitor it. I would be worried about me car the whole I was out.
I mean it's nice and all just just in the vert with the top down and drive. But people are people and some will disrespect your stuff.
your paranoid man. Most people wont mess with convertibles. Most people are actually good and wouldnt mess with anybodys car. And it would be to obvious to steal something from a vert, as everybody could see you ...
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote