MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-27-2001, 10:46 PM   #1
#1 Pony
Registered Member

Question Horse kit.

Do you think that this running horse still holds alot of power or do you think it's time for a new running horse kit?
For me, I thin is gotten abit old. I loved when I first saw it, but when I was out one time, this person had a white one on a purple stang, but it was all dirty and peeling and I have not loved it since.
#1 Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 01:02 AM   #2
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

no offense but ditch that.
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 04:46 AM   #3
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

I dunno...I think it looks pretty cool, I've never seen one like that before. What would be cooler though, keep the front end yellow, and have the yellow going to the rear in flames, then have the rest of the car back painted black.

------------------
-1989 GT, not stock.

-2000 Camaro SS-A4,
13.4's bone stock.

-1989 Chevy S-10, EX. Cab-383(500+hp on motor), tubbed, trick flow heads, trick flow pistons, etc... autometer phantom gauges, "built" 700R4, roll cage, lexan back window, corbeau seats, R.H.S. 5 harnesses, Fuel cell, convo pro wheels, 15x14's with 29x18.5 M/T'S on back, 15x4's on front, nitrous, and so much more!
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 09:44 AM   #4
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

I wonder how much horsepower that big @ss sticker and that huge wing add. Must be around 50HP to cover half the car.

I would love it if the horse was painted on and if the car had the stock spoiler.

OH MY GOD!!! are those clear tail lights.

I cant look any more...Bye

Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 12:41 PM   #5
#1 Pony
Registered Member

ok..Crazy horse gt: why?

1Bad89: I've never seen one like that in real life, but Tim Allen and the team uses that type of horse, that was the first time I ever saw it, and also for a Muatng Saleen on GT2 had that same kit.White and black.
I thought the flames would be neat too, but only if the flames went up the back of the horse. I'm drawing a pic now.

5.0 HO: what do you mean if it was 'painted' on the car? What vinyl is wrong?
I don't think it's all that ricey. I think the clear lights set off the black in the back. I don't love the car, no, and I does not have that beautiful stock feel, but it's the persons own style. I personal feel, no euro lights should ever be on a mustang or any domestic.
Old 10-28-2001, 05:40 PM   #6
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by #1 Pony:
ok..Crazy horse gt: why?

1Bad89: I've never seen one like that in real life, but Tim Allen and the team uses that type of horse, that was the first time I ever saw it, and also for a Muatng Saleen on GT2 had that same kit.White and black.
I thought the flames would be neat too, but only if the flames went up the back of the horse. I'm drawing a pic now.

5.0 HO: what do you mean if it was 'painted' on the car? What vinyl is wrong?
I don't think it's all that ricey. I think the clear lights set off the black in the back. I don't love the car, no, and I does not have that beautiful stock feel, but it's the persons own style. I personal feel, no euro lights should ever be on a mustang or any domestic.

Its a cool looking car, But for my taste too much vinyl. Like you said to each there own.

Later

------------------
88 mustang gt convertible bored to 306 BBk equal length headers, mac cold air fender kit, 3.73 FMS gears, Steeds Tri-ax shifter, Steeda underdrive pullies, Custom off road X-pipe, 2 chamber flow masters, cowl hood, nitto drag radials, ford racing clutch, 160* thermostat 16 degrees of timing electric fan off 94' t-bird jacobs electronics cap and wires. Edelbrock 1 1/2 inch drop springs. (Best E.T. 14.79@93mph @3000ft)
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 08:43 PM   #7
84LX89GT
Mustangs

5.0 HO, I also noticed the "clear tail lights" which add 10 hp and the red bulbs (needed to give an indication that your winged, stickered car is stopping and not just going in reverse all the time) give a CUTE pinkish hue from the lights when braking.
I'm also not a big fan of vinyl, it doesn't look as good up close.
That mustang in my opinion is close to being domestic rice, except for the fact that it probably hauls @ss.....then again it could actually be a V6 with saleen stickers, etc.
Whatever, i think it looks too ricey.
...this is of course just my opinion, different strokes for different folks i guess

[This message has been edited by 84LX89GT (edited 10-28-2001).]
84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 08:54 PM   #8
Rev
Registered Member

This makes me shudder. As was said earlier, "to each his own".

Rev

------------------
'66 Coupe, 306, 300 HP, C-4, 13.97 e.t., 100.3 mph
1/4 mi.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 09:10 PM   #9
#1 Pony
Registered Member

Now don't get me worng,and I'm not trying to change up my story, but I do perfer painted (it left my mind for a moment when I posted earlier that you could have that painted and not stuck on)cars. Ever since I saw it peeling off a stang once I never liked that kit or vinyl that much. It seems if you paint it, it's so final, i guess. Unless you're going to have it sanded down. I hate clear lights, and I used to like'em until I found out what 'rice' was. Trust me, before I came to this board I 'LOVED' rice (not knowing what it really was). I thought they were the new speed cars, and the 'extreme' way to race/drive. I really thought they were fast.
Boy those fart pipes fool you :roll.
Now I know all the power still lives in the true born and breed sports cars.
Old 10-28-2001, 09:13 PM   #10
#1 Pony
Registered Member

Now don't get me worng,and I'm not trying to change up my story, but I do perfer painted (it left my mind for a moment when I posted earlier that you could have that painted and not stuck on)cars. Ever since I saw it peeling off a stang once I never liked that kit or vinyl that much. It seems if you paint it, it's so final, i guess. Unless you're going to have it sanded down. I hate clear lights, and I used to like'em until I found out what 'rice' was. Trust me, before I came to this board I 'LOVED' rice (not knowing what it really was). I thought they were the new speed cars, and the 'extreme' way to race/drive. I really thought they were fast.
Boy those fart pipes fool you 8).
Now I know all the power still lives in the true born and breed sports cars.