MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-28-2002, 10:44 PM   #1
fubar89lx
Registered Member

Default movin to Texas??????

I tell you guys and girls what, I'm thinking of moving to TEXAS! It seems that's where all the fast *** cars and hot mustang chicks are at. Here in Palm Bay i'm surrounded by freakin imports that can run anything better than 17sec. in the 1/4 mile. I/m pulling my hair out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fubar89lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 07:37 AM   #2
cyberstang5.0
347ci of HORSE POWER!!!

What city are you moving to? If you moving to H-town...Let us know. We'll have to show ya where the races are and more importantly where the babes are
cyberstang5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 08:29 AM   #3
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Talking Texas b d place!

Hi!
Texas is cool. I've lived here all my life! There are Stangs EVERYWHERE! Trust me, if you moved here, youd love it! Most of the Stangers here in the forum are in the Houston/Dallas areas.
Like Cyberstang says, if you move to our area, let us know! We def. outnumber the Ricers......thank God. Our motto is: "Dont mess with Texas"!!!
Good luck!!! Topless In Texas

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 08:56 AM   #4
95mustanggt
Registered Member

I moved all the way from Canada to Dallas, Texas. I love Texas!

They have the best iced tea, the most cool cars, mustangs everywhere, nice weather, NO SNOW , and everyone is really friendly.

I'll miss Texas when I move

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 01:46 AM   #5
FivepointOH
Registered Member

We do everything bigger and better here. Faster and hotter when it comes to cars and women...
92 AOD GT, K&N, ram air, pulleys, 2 ch. flowmasters, 4:10's, shift kit, 1 5/8 mac longtubes and offroad hpipe 14.249 @ 97.34

Lakewood 90/10's and 50/50's
FivepointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 09:04 AM   #6
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

If you want fast Mustangs, the DFW metroplex area, Houston, Austin, and San Antonio all are mecas. Every town has their fast cars, but I'll tell you that around DFW, you never know what you'll pull up next to. It could be a hot looking Mustang that is bone stock, or it could be a rusted out, primered stang that runs 10's.

If it's women you want, TTU at Lubbock has some of the finest girls in the entire nation, I guarantee.

I'm Texan, born and bred, and so far, I can say I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. That's one thing you'll see...Texans have a lot of pride in their state.

Oh yeah, and you can't beat the food, especially the BBQ....but that's a whole other thread .

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 09:14 AM   #7
cyberstang5.0
347ci of HORSE POWER!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by silver_pilate
...Texans have a lot of pride in their state...
State? This is a state? Texas is a country, what are you talking about?
We're big enough, I think we should be a country

Yeah, if you move to Houston, look out for a Green and Silver '92 GT.... He'll tare you up!
But if you see a '94 Red Convert. GT with side exhaust.... don't worry about her... she's slow (you know I have nothing but luv for ya topless )
cyberstang5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 04:53 PM   #8
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Haha...yeah, I guess I've been corrupted by the uniformist media.

What I don't understand is why Texas gave up so much of its territory just before it was annexed.

Texas use to include over 2/3's of New Mexico and slivers of Colorado and Wyoming. As the Republic of Texas had no real resources other than land (we have oil, but at that time, it wasn't in demand), and thus had become endebted to the United States for financing.

Another little fact on the side, when the original capital was burned, Texas didn't have money to pay for the building of a new capital. What we did have was land. The contractor was paid in the form of the XIT ranch, one of the largest ranches to ever opperate covering 3,050,000 acres of land. The ranch was twice as large as the state of Rhode Island, and the finances it produced were used to build the new building, which, by the way, is the only capital building taller than the US capital building (which is forbidden by law, but since we were a country when it was built, it doesn't apply).

Anyway, before Texas was annexed, it sold the United States what is now New Mexico, and its other holdings to the north in payment for debt. However, by law set down in the constitution, no state can be endebted to the government. Texas should have kept its territories with the forsight that when it was annexed, all debts would be dropped. Then everything really would have been bigger in Texas.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002, 12:43 AM   #9
FivepointOH
Registered Member

Hmm... i've never been to tech before... sounds like I might have to make a road trip.... we have some pretty fine women here in san marcos too though.
92 AOD GT, K&N, ram air, pulleys, 2 ch. flowmasters, 4:10's, shift kit, 1 5/8 mac longtubes and offroad hpipe 14.249 @ 97.34

Lakewood 90/10's and 50/50's
FivepointOH is offline   Reply With Quote