MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-12-2001, 10:30 AM   #1
VNAMUS in VA
Registered Member

Post GT3

I can't believe nobody's posted anything about Gran Tourismo 3 yet!!! Anyone get it? All I can say is WOW! I didn't think this game could look any better, but somehow they did it. The graphics in the replays are unbelievable. Worked for hours yesterday to get $31K for the Cobra R....and was a little dissapointed. I wanted to put turbo or an intercooler on it (cuz it's slow stock), but it won't let you . Oh well, it's still bad a$$! Did a tune up and added mad horsepower and now it's much better!

------------------
1998 Cobra, Black/Black
VNAMUS in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 11:18 AM   #2
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Smile

I hate to say this but you know that game is geared toward imports, not domestics. You ain't gonna get the option to stroke your stang motor. Oh well, it's still the best car racing game ever made.

-----------------------------------------
351W-powered 1979 Ford Mustang notchback
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl, C4 w/ shift kit
Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake
1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, Al driveshaft
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s
14 x 4” K&N air filter (getting the Xtreme setup someday)

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body

Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 12:00 PM   #3
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

I didnt even know it was out yet! I used to play the hell out of Gran Turismo, that is till I learned to HATE SONY!

I havent had one playsation 1 yet that lasted a month passed the warranty (1 year) I got so mad at my third one I kicked it out the damn window into my back yard. (I have a short temper).

Looks cool, but the price of the Playstation 2 will have to come down before I buy it. Till then I'll just use my money on my car and play the Real Life Gran Turismo! Mostly on Saturday Nights

I wish I had more time so I could play Alone in the Dark New Nightmare (PC) more, and actually finish my Final Fantasy 8 and 9 (I'm on my fourth and final Play Station), and finish Zelda Majoras Mask. But I dont see that happening soon.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 01:48 PM   #4
95mustanggt
Registered Member

GT2 Rocked, but I was disappointed on the unrealistic favortism towards imports.

When the PS2 gets cheaper I'll buy it along with GT3 and a kick *** hockey game

------------------
1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 04:23 PM   #5
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

I HAVE A PS2 AND ABOUT 6 GAMES I LOVE IT.
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 08:10 PM   #6
69fastback
IRAQ VET

I have never really had problems with sony. I have had my same psone for 3 years. I quess i just got lucky. Don't have a ps2 yet price must come way down. Besides with a the chip I don't ever buy games anymore I just burn them.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 08:56 PM   #7
PGkelly
Registered Member

I remember playing GT2 at a friends house, and the realistic physics engine really detracted from plpayability. that game requires pedals and a wheel, no doubt about it. with the physics engine it came with, and the digital controllers, the throttle was either all the way on or all the way off, same as the brakes. what this ended up with was horrible understeer for FWD cars, and horrible oversteer for RWD cars. even if you let off the throttle, the engine braking effect would break the tires loose. and the binary steering wasn't too hot either. the game was best played with normal controllers in the rally races. or with an AWD car, i had my best luck with the R34 Skyline GT-R. now, how can you expect them to be able to include every performance option ever? that would require many, many CD's to hold the game. and they have how many hundreds of cars to in there already? it would just be too difficult to allow you to choose between stroking the 302 to 347 or 342, or to be able to choose TFS heads or Edelbrock.

------------------
If it ain't broke, make it go faster

AOL: MCVillain45
PGkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 02:46 AM   #8
84stangLX

For being a Game geared toward all cars (european, japanese, domestic) it's a fairly realistic game although the version we got was the japanese version with all the crap japanese cars. I got my PS1 last year just because i played GT2 at a friends house and loved it so much. I got the analog/digital controller in my PS1 box, so the cars were real easy and realistic to control. It's too bad that you can't add superchargers to the domestics (which is a VERY popular performance add on) but the power levels get almost as close with the "tune-up". I only play as the domestics and a few euro cars, with one or two imports (mostly musclecars and all RWD cars). It's too bad they can't have an "american version" with alot more diversity/car detail-tuning within the manufacturers. Oh well, i'll still wait till the price of PS2 goes down to get GT3 in a year if i'm lucky.

------------------
'84 Mustang 5.0 LX
My car
Old 07-13-2001, 09:50 AM   #9
VNAMUS in VA
Registered Member

IMO, they've improved the game tremendously from GT2. While watching the replay of the Cobra R powerbraking, I noticed the brakes glowing hot- talk about details! Does suck that they took away the used cars like the 98 Cobras; they don't even have any new GTs. It's supposed to have pressure sensitive buttons/controls, but I haven't really noticed a difference. You can't deny that this is still a kewl game.

84stanglx - I started with a PT Cruiser and I added turbo to it. They let you do that with almost all cars on GT3.

------------------
1998 Cobra, Black/Black
VNAMUS in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 11:46 PM   #10
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

I'm lucky, because my mom is a merchandiser with playstation and not only did we get a free PS1 (we had one already), but we also got a brand new PS2 about 1 month after it came out, for free. Also we get all games made by SCEA for free, so that includes gran turismo which we received on thursday. Twisted Metal Black also kicks major a$$!!

I expected GT3 to have too many damn imports, so it wasn't a disappointment. It does piss me off though, because that is about the only thing from making the game absolutely perfect. Its also stupid that they got rid of the used cars, but the graphics make up for anything like that. They simply look amazing.

------------------
1991 GT, AOD, Moroso Cold Air, 3.73s, Pulleys, 3-chamber(the left one fell off-NO time+No Money=College), FMS c-springs, and KYBs
MTU 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 06:20 PM   #11
MiracleMax
Registered Member

Hah PJ its all about adaptability. In GT1 my best car is the king of tail happy spinouts! the Viper, In GT its the GT40, In GT3, I gotta get a console and the game and for some reason every time I step into the garage, I keep hearing a faint voice.

"I'm right here Max!"
"Who's your buddy?"
"They all left you Max, but I'm still here!"
"Come on drop another 300 dollars in me and I'll be that much closer to done."
"Come on buddy, when they are all gone I'll still be here."

Nobody believes me for some reason, but I can't figure out why after blowing the engine up nearly 2 years ago I keep on plunking down cash for my 91 LX?

Do I need help or does everybody here these "mustang" voices when they step into the garage?

I guess I'm okay until I hear; "Go ahead shot the folks, I need the insurance money Max"
--------------------
MiracleMax
"Son of LX"
--------------------
MiracleMax is offline   Reply With Quote