MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-14-2002, 12:06 AM   #1
96GTPRT
Registered Member

Default Aluminum Driveshaft

Im looking at the Motorsport Aluminum Driveshaft for my car, but I want to know if its really worth it? If so does anyone know the part number for the driveshaft for a 96 GT with an auto? And is there anything special I'll need for installation? I know I can do it because I've done it in a '71 F-100, but I just can't remember all of it. Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks.

P.S. This really is a nice message board! Everyone is such great help and I hope it stays the way it is.
96GTPRT: '96 Laser Red Tinted Mustang GT Convertible. (tan top). Flowmaster cat-back, Bassani X-pipe w/ cats, K&N FIPK, Hypertech 160* t-stat, MSD wires, Bosch plugs, Performance Distributors coil packs, FRPP 70mm throttle body, C&L 87mm mass air. Kenny Brown Super subs, 3.73's, BFGoodrich Comp T/A's
Civic...its whats for dinner. Don't ever pull a ricer fly-by!
96GTPRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 01:30 AM   #2
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Hmm, I don't have my motorsport catalogue with me, so if you're interested, I would see if Dallas Mustang can hook you up. (the Dallas Mustang part number should be 8113)

I don't think you'll need anything special to install it, as far as bang for the buck... it doesn't give you anything power-wise (at least I didn't notice anything), but with it's somewhat low cost, its a good idea if you're doing any tranny work and going to be down there anyway...
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 11:58 AM   #3
southernstang97

Thumbs up its good for the price !~!

I have one installed on my 97 std. Like hammer said it did not add horses more say , you can feel that you lost a couple pounds , but I think if your willing to pay for it in the long run its a good buy. I put mine on just to get it out the way , one less mod means 30 more to go , lol !!!!

Oh and install on mine was really really easy , not sure since mine is a std and yours in auto if there is any diff. I had mine installed in 15 to 30 mins taking my time and making sure everything was right.

Bottom line , if you have the cash and do not mined spending it on a no horse power gain part , then go get !! Remember by dropping weight on your stang is just like adding horse , the lighter the faster !