MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-15-2004, 11:58 PM   #1
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Default Snow Job

Hey, check this out. I know some of y'all live in snow country, but here in East Texas this only happens about once every 3 years. This is what we woke up to Saturday morning.

The cars looked so cool we had to take some pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg im001230.jpg (69.5 KB, 69 views)
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 09:49 AM   #2
BigCountryGT
Registered Member

O I thought that was a B.
Old 02-16-2004, 08:47 PM   #3
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Looks cool.

Yeah, I probably would've done the same thing (take pictures) b/c that's about how often it snows around here. But I don't mind. I like snow, but I don't need it EVERY winter all winter long. That'd suck.....
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 09:39 PM   #4
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

I don't mind it in the week, get a day off work, I hate it on weekends, I was supposed to be putting shingles on the roof of a room addition I am building on my house.

I don't know how people live where it snows all the time, once every 3 or 4 years is plenty. What we get is ice, which is worse than snow, noone can drive on ice, and it makes tree limbs break and the electricity goes out for days.

Here is another picture. My 97 Vert was clean and in the garage!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg im001226.jpg (66.4 KB, 26 views)
Old 02-16-2004, 10:37 PM   #5
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

I am glad you guys find humor in my misery. You know Orange, if I did not like you so much I would really think you were making fun of us northern folk (LOL).

Here is something to think about. It was 2 degress when I woke up this morning....too cold to even snow. We get around 100 inches of snow every year. It can can snow as early as October and as late as May where I live. I own an SUV that actually has four wheel drive. I never knew that they built SUV's with 2 wheel drive until I lived in so cal for a few years a while back.

When I take pictures of my cars buried in the snow, they have to be covered with at least three feet of the white stuff to even be photo worthy.

I am glad that you had a chance to enjoy a little of the white stuff. I will be sure to share more with you if you would like.

Signed,

I Wished I Lived Down South

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 10:52 PM   #6
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

Now that I have blasted my hometown for the crappy winters, I must say that we have the greatest summers. Our hotest month is July and the average high is only 80 degrees. At night it is usually in the high 50's or 60's all summer long. Humidity is very low too. In 50 years it has never been over 96. We get one or two days a year in the 90's.

We have no central air in my house! Most of my neighbors don't either. The few that do are older, retired folks. We just open the windows at night. I live on a lake and the breeze off the water is heaven all summer.

I HATE the winter...I love the summer.

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
Old 02-16-2004, 10:59 PM   #7
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Blake,

Wouldn't make fun, I just don't see how you put up with it. February is about the extent of our winter here, and it's a short month!

Spring Break 98, my son Chad (9 years old then) and I were travelling parts of Route 66, from Oklahoma City to the Grand Canyon. This is in March. The first night it snowed in Oklahoma City, we damn near stuck the 97 Vert on a dirt road we thought was a snow covered road that had been sanded. Spent $7 in quarters washing mud off and freezing my butt off. We drove on to Tucumcari, NM, where we woke up to 65 degrees. I washed the car proper with a bucket and a hose, dried it off, and we drove to Albuquerque with the top down. We were so sunburned that we were peeling 3 days later, when it took all day long to get from Albuquerque to Santa Rosa, NM because of a snow storm. All highways were closed, 18 wheelers everywhere, and all motel rooms full. We spent the night in a National Guard Armory with 600+ other stranded travellers.

This was when the car was still officially "my wife's car" and I was so afraid something would happen to it.

Here is a picture before the car wash, it's never been that dirty since!

Harold
Attached Images
File Type: bmp mudgt.bmp (167.1 KB, 21 views)
Old 02-16-2004, 11:06 PM   #8
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by xxxBlakexxx
Now that I have blasted my hometown for the crappy winters, I must say that we have the greatest summers. Our hotest month is July and the average high is only 80 degrees. At night it is usually in the high 50's or 60's all summer long. Humidity is very low too. In 50 years it has never been over 96. We get one or two days a year in the 90's.

I HATE the winter...I love the summer.
Our summer here starts around the middle of May, by June it is in the low 90s, in August it hovers near 100, give or take, and our humidity is high. I have a window air conditioner that I position below my garage door when we are working on my 65 Mustang in the summer.

I still love the summer, loooooong days, I can always cool off. I hate even OUR winter.
Old 02-16-2004, 11:36 PM   #9
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

"February is about the extent of our winter here, and it's a short month!"...well I guess that about sums it up. That was a funny comment.

My Stang:
Old 02-17-2004, 03:23 AM   #10
MichStangFan
Registered Member

I've lived in both the south and north. I grew up in Louisiana and I can remember how school would get canceled at the first sign or snow or ice. I now live in Michigan where we usually have snow from late nov thru the beginning of march.

Driving can be difficult, especially when there's black ice on the roads or during a white out on the highway, but it isn't so bad once you get use to it especially when you get to spend the summer months on the beaches of Lake Michigan.

That being said, I can't wait to start driving my '02 vert again. I've been driving my old winter car since Nov.
MichStangFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 08:20 PM   #11
nydon
Registered Member

....worst thing about the snow up north is the salt they put out on the roads...that's one of the reasons i hate driving in it...the second of course is what feels like a non-existant traction control.
<--see avatar pic on left.
nydon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 11:29 PM   #12
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

It was 49 degrees when I passed the bank sign about 9:30 tonight. I have been out in my garage in a tshirt wiping down a white 65 Mustang getting it ready for a Car Show this weekend.

Old 02-17-2004, 11:32 PM   #13
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Sorry Blake, just had to throw that in.
Old 02-19-2004, 08:36 AM   #14
DemonGT
Registered Member

LOL i live in Wisconsin...enough said...freezing cold winters and humid and hot summers....
'91 GT,410W,10.5 to 1 comp,Victor Jr. heads,Victor 5.8 intake,FTI cam,Crane retro fit lifters,Scorpian 1.6 RR's,Melling HV oil pump,MSD distro.,Canton oil pan,FMS flywheel,Romac balancer,FMS timing chain,Accufab 90mm TB,C&L 76mm maf, 42lbers,HD clutch,K&N air filter,Mac long tubes,Pro dumps,powerchamber,FMS 9mm wires,180 thermostat,Ford Racing gauges,5inch Tach,centerline convo pro's,nitto DR's,Pro3i lower control arms,50/50 shocks,3.55 gears,TFS HD diff. cover

Next year:

Tremec TKO,Spec stage 3 clutch,alum driveshaft,complete fuel system

www.angelfire.com/linux/demondan
DemonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 10:07 PM   #15
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Hey Guys,

Just to rub it in, February is over, it has been in the 60's here most of this week and up to 70 a couple of times.

I drove home from work 2 days this week with the top down and this morning I drove my son to school with the top down.

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily