MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-25-2004, 02:05 PM   #1
Sicy Stang
Sizzlin' Sicilian

Angry Some lady rear - ended me

Man I have only had this car for about 4 or 5 months, havent had an accident in YEARS and I got rear ended a couple weeks ago.. pushed me into the car in front of me too. So I got damage on both bumpers.

Luckily, its all being paid for by the lady's insurance. It's estimated at around $1500 in damage The front doesnt look like any damage at all, but Ford said when they opened the hood, the front bumper was split/cracked and had to be replaced. The back bumper actually had damage underneath it as well (the steel bar) so they have to replace that. Here is the damage:

Sure doesnt look like $1500 in damage does it! LOL.

And this is what I'm driving.. The rental company only had this or minivans.

Well I guess the good thing is I already had some scratches on my bumpers, now they will be brand new
Sicy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 07:21 PM   #2
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Sorry about your Stang, but at least you don't have to drive a minivan! Hope it's fixed soon!
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 08:54 PM   #3
Sicy Stang
Sizzlin' Sicilian

Thanks Just got it back right now! They had it for a week. I was like, Minivan.. uh ok I aint no soccar mom LOL. That stupid truck cost me $32 to fill up and I only used half a tank.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:59 PM   #4
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Man that SUCKS! but, glad you got it back. Does it look back to normal?
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 10:10 PM   #5
Sicy Stang
Sizzlin' Sicilian

Thumbs up

It looks BETTER than normal. I am actually very impressed with the job Ford did. Like I said, my bumpers already had light scratches on it from normal wear and tear and now they are BRAND new

They showed me the metal bumper that was underneath the plastic bumper, you would not even be able to tell that anything was wrong with it unless you took the plastic bumper off. The thing was totally bent downwards and the brackets had actually bent the metal. Pretty crazy stuff. She hit me pretty dang hard.. hard enough to give me a headache and neck pain for a few days, but I feel just fine now. I am just glad the airbag didnt deploy.. it would have scared the crap out of me lol. I am impressed with the way these Mustangs are built. I will have to take some 'after' pics
Old 02-25-2004, 11:24 PM   #6
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Sicy, glad you're OK and your Mustang is back home! Sometimes getting hit gives you an excuse to get things fixed that you never got around to doing.

My 97GTVert got hit by a shopping cart at WalMart one day, I was so mad I skipped cruise night that night. My son told someone in the Mustang Club about it, and he called me the next day with the name of a guy who does "paintless" dent repair. 2 days later and $145 not only did the shopping cart dent disappear, but all the other little dings I had (except 1 we both missed) did too!

Oh, and you didnt have to drive a MINIVAN
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 03:05 AM   #7
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy Stang
....hard enough to give me a headache and neck pain for a few days, but I feel just fine now. ...
Uh, what..... you mean, uh, you don't feel any throbbing back pain and constant headaches.... oh ... and uh, searing pain going down your left arm everytime you go to the bathroom.... Aaaaaaahh, uhhhhhh? uuuuuuuhhhhhh? yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhh..............know what I mean.... hint hint .....*cough* "sue"....*cough* .. 2004 Cobra... .... (j/k......we already got enough sue-hungry americans these days...
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 05:29 AM   #8
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Thumbs down

Glad you're ok, hun!
Accidents suck ***!
Old 02-26-2004, 11:10 AM   #9
Sicy Stang
Sizzlin' Sicilian

Quote:
Originally posted by Fox Body
Uh, what..... you mean, uh, you don't feel any throbbing back pain and constant headaches.... oh ... and uh, searing pain going down your left arm everytime you go to the bathroom.... Aaaaaaahh, uhhhhhh? uuuuuuuhhhhhh? yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhh..............know what I mean.... hint hint .....*cough* "sue"....*cough* .. 2004 Cobra... .... (j/k......we already got enough sue-hungry americans these days...
HAHA

Dont think I havent thought about that Actually they told me I have 2 years to complain about pain.. in case later down the road I have any problems. Because I did tell them that I was in pain for a couple days afterwards. But alas.. I am an honest person

Thanks joe.. glad I'm ok too. I really am a good driver.. too bad I dont have control of the other idiots on the road.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:53 PM   #10
nydon
Registered Member

Sucks your car got banged up. You should send us pics of yourself after the accident so "WE CAN REALLY BE SURE YOUR FINE"
only cuz we're worried 'bout ya!
nydon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 12:12 AM   #11
Sicy Stang
Sizzlin' Sicilian

HAHA.. nah that's ok.. there are plenty of pictures of me around here