MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-12-2004, 01:59 PM   #1
90LXRaptor
Registered Member

Exclamation No fighting now!!

OK I am not trying to start a fight but I am a die hard Canucks fan and I want to know what your guys reaction to the whole Moore vs. Bertuzzi thing. I agree that Bertuzzi was in the wrong but I have played hockey and I can understand that sometimes emotion is all you know and that makes you react before you can think about it. I am not encouraging Bertuzzi's behaviour but Moore hit the ice at an odd angle. Look at the Earnhardt crash....little inpact..odd angle...and snap. I am sure the dog pile on top of Moore didn't help either. Anyway just looking for some opinions.
Old 03-12-2004, 03:43 PM   #2
Maroon 5.0 LX
Registered Member

Bertuzzi is a low life sneaky coward. His intention was to harm Moore as much as possible. He snuck up from behind, dropped his stick, then attacked, driving Moore's head into the ice.

I like to see a little roughing around in hockey, that make things interesting, but not an outright premeditated attack like that was.

His so called tear-jerker news conference was a ploy to try and save his own ***. He should be banned for life from the game.
Maroon 5.0 LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 06:13 PM   #3
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

I think Moore's teamates should have commenced the beating of a lifetime on Bertuzzi. No one, in a professional sports environment, deserves what happened to him. If I was on that team, Bertuzzi would have gone home in an ambulance, if he went home at all.
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 10:01 PM   #4
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

I love this post!

I am an AHL fan and enjoy following hockey. This is the worst thing to happen to this sport or the best depending on your perspective!!! Fighting has no place in professional sports and I wish it would stop for Hockey. I realize it is has become part of the game, but it should not be. I no lnger take my kids to the games because it is getting rediculous even in the AHL.

FB is the perfect contact sport. Sure guys get hit, but there are no game stopping fights!! If there are, they are dealt with in the harshest of manner. If someone wants to nail someone, it is part of the game.

Checking should be allowed!!! But fighting in Hockey serves no purpose but to draw drunken loosers to the stadiums.

Of course Betuzzi meant to harm Moore. Isn't that the point of hitting someone? Of course he did not intend to inflict the damage that he did, but it does not matter. And, I am sure he regrets it now.

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 10:39 PM   #5
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

well i'm sure that bertuzzi did'nt mean to break the guy's neck, if a team gun's for a star on the other team, yes there are gonna be payback's, the av's are one of the dirtyiest hitting team's in hockey, a fact. i just hope that moore is gonna be ok.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 11:19 PM   #6
90LXRaptor
Registered Member

I agree Crazy....the Av's are pretty bad for dirty hits. But I am not sure that hockey could do without fighting. I am not saying that it is an encouraging thing to bring your young child to the game only for them to wind up seeing that kind of thing but as far as violence goes a child only has to flip to CNN and the worlds blood flows before their eyes. You cannot condone one and not the other....it is not like wrestling where the violence is staged. It is all reality in one sporting event or another just like the news. We are very lucky and sheltered here in North America from the harsh realities of war and civil unrest. I am not saying that fighting has a place in hockey but violence will always find a way into the life of the younger generation.
Old 03-13-2004, 10:06 AM   #7
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Even if the guy didnt suffer a broken neck and just got knocked out. What are you proving by sucker punching someone in the back of the head.

That guy is a coward and should be banned from profesional hockey.

The NHL is a dying league anyways and will probably be out of business in the next 5 years.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 12:28 PM   #8
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

I ditto Dark!

The NHL needs to change their tune. Just like the Justin and Janet Jackson thing, they went overboard. And now all the networks are running scared and there will probably NEVER be another live "rock show" at an NFL game. Same with Hockey. This incident went overboard and it will end up having a big impact on Hockey.

I am really getting tired of the liberal "Hollywood" crowd who think they know what I want to see on TV. Now, Hockey is going to have to answer a lot of the same questions. To the casual observer, non-hockey fan, this incident seems barbaric. The rational person would say "this is assault...bring him up on charges."

I hope they do what is best for Hockey...get rid of this kind of stuff...eliminate fighting. Like I said before, checking is part of the sport. Smashing a guy in the head with a fist is not.

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
Old 03-13-2004, 05:24 PM   #9
Mach 1
Registered Member

I only saw the replay once, but it did not look to me as if Bertuzzi "drove" his head into the ice. It looked as though he got sucker punched in the side of the hell and fell down.

Unfortuneately he got really messed up, but was the bertuzzi punch really that hard to knock him out? he had his glove on and hit him swinging sideways while skateing....

Seems strange to me...
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 09:21 PM   #10
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

Any decent orthepod or radiologist will be able to look at the X-Rays and determine what caused the damage. I am surprised none have spoken out yet.

My Stang:
Old 03-14-2004, 10:00 PM   #11
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

hockey still rule's, strange coming from a southerner, but i love the game, slam hit's have alway's been there, alway's will, it's part of it, it was just unfourtunate , that moore? sp. got his neck broken, hell look at lindros.

R H C- member # 1
Old 03-16-2004, 09:11 PM   #12
95mustanggt
Registered Member

There has been "attacks" just as bad as this one before. Anyone remember McSorely? (sp?)

Todd deserves to lose the rest of the year and the playoffs. If the RCMP want to press charges, so be it, that's a separate matter.

Unfortunately the media and a bunch of people who don't know jack about hockey are camped out at the guys house harrassing his family, his neighbors and his team mates.

Moore deserved to get hit with something, but a hit from behind is a coward/wussy way to do it. With Todd's size he could have crunched Moore into the boards legally, for that, he deserves his punishment.

Hockey is in trouble. Of course here in Canada the only think killing it is our teams trying to compete with the huge US markets. I read in an article that bowling has higher ratings than the NHL in some lower states.

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 09:57 PM   #13
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 95mustanggt
There has been "attacks" just as bad as this one before. Anyone remember McSorely? (sp?)

Todd deserves to lose the rest of the year and the playoffs. If the RCMP want to press charges, so be it, that's a separate matter.

Unfortunately the media and a bunch of people who don't know jack about hockey are camped out at the guys house harrassing his family, his neighbors and his team mates.

Moore deserved to get hit with something, but a hit from behind is a coward/wussy way to do it. With Todd's size he could have crunched Moore into the boards legally, for that, he deserves his punishment.

Hockey is in trouble. Of course here in Canada the only think killing it is our teams trying to compete with the huge US markets. I read in an article that bowling has higher ratings than the NHL in some lower states.

that's because the red wing's own ALL. heheh.

R H C- member # 1
Old 03-17-2004, 03:23 PM   #14
digital3.3

Quote:
Originally posted by Mach 1
I only saw the replay once, but it did not look to me as if Bertuzzi "drove" his head into the ice. It looked as though he got sucker punched in the side of the hell and fell down.

Unfortuneately he got really messed up, but was the bertuzzi punch really that hard to knock him out? he had his glove on and hit him swinging sideways while skateing....

Seems strange to me...
i don't agree with what bertuzzi did either, but it doesn't look like he drove moores head into the ice. he had ahold of his jersey and you can see him trip up as moore goes down i really don't think he expected moore to go down cause neither did i when i watched it happen. bertuzzi deserves what he got for sure, but one thing that puzzles me is why both teams would be so stupid as to pile on top of moore and bertuzzi when that first colorado guy landed on burtuzzi it drove him forward and dron on moore same with ohlund landed on them too. i woulda pulled bertuzzi off and then punched him as that the other guy would be safer. i totally believe that a majority of moores injury came from the pile of idiots that landed on him. but in the end i and my friend feel for bad for moore as i've fractured my back between the shoulders and my friend fractured his c1, c2 verts. fractures suck but at least it didn't break and it will heal up to be just as strong, and we hope for a quick recovery.