MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-13-2002, 10:33 AM   #1
LX XLR8R
Dirk Diggler

Default stilll waiting...

on my heads i ordered over month ago..wont mention the distibuter name yet but it was soposed to be here in 7-10 days.. they are AFR 185's with some options but it doesnt matter how sweet they are if they are still sitting at AFR and havent even made it to the distributer yet..

on a side note ill fill ya in on my project..first of all i sold the notch body and hood..i am looking for a Ranger 2wd std cab 6'bed 93+ to host my new motor that is listed i my combo..i am reusing my built 31 spline setup 8.8 from the ranger and cutting off all the old mounts and welding on new shock mounts and leaf spring perches(to the underside so it will sit 4" lower)...im moving the leaf springs to the inside of the frame alos for additional 3" tire room on each side..a guy told me to do this who runs mid 10's..says that, some slapper bars and i can squeez up to 27x13.5" wide slicks back there(with some little mods to the bed)..also in aid to hook this lightweight beats will be a fuel cell and battery as far back as i can get them in the bed along with sitting the new motor as far back to the firewall as possable..

truck will be a track and street race only car and probally to go to work on nice days(10 min away)..allready got some nice 99 cobra rims for it also(fro street)..should be sweet cuz its ganna sit low and its diffrent

just thoguht id let you guys in..anyone who has q's on doing the swap i can pretty much answer anything cuz i am so prepared to do the swap it should take less than a month once i get the truck!

You might want to hold on..i saw this on a cartoon once
LX XLR8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2002, 10:48 AM   #2
89 Cobra LX
Don Corlione

Thumbs up Sounds sweet and different!

Don't hold out on the distributor.... who is it? Over a month is nowhere near 7-10 days.
5 speed 302-Cobra Intake-GT40p heads-TFS stage 1 cam-FRPP 1.6 roller rockers-3:73 gears-KYB shocks and struts-Eibach Pro-kit-HPM Mega-bite upper and lower control arms-FRPP aluminum driveshaft-16x8 Chrome Cobra Rs

R.H.C. #14
89 Cobra LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2002, 02:22 PM   #3
LX XLR8R
Dirk Diggler

im callin gthem afterwork and depending how the convo goes ill say

Old 06-13-2002, 02:34 PM   #4
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Hell I waited 6 months for my seats to re-appolstered (sp?) I was turning red! But they are back and baby she is ready to fly! =) I just need insurance now.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2002, 04:56 PM   #5
LX XLR8R
Dirk Diggler

well come and behold 2day when i got home there were there..and one problem..they were not the exact head i ordered but i dont think i am going to return them..i was soposed to get a AFR 185, 58cc, Non Emisions, 7/16 stud, spring upgrade, valve upgrade..they sent me a emmisions head but when i called them up they said it did have the spring and valve upgrade and they were 58cc(and visialy i saw the 7/16 studs not the 3/8)

so i have to cap off the air tube hole in the back or should i send them back and wait forever to get them back..i told the guy i will know if these are the right heads the first time i rev it to 6k becasue if they arnt then my valves will smack my pistons with my cam..o well..BTW the supplier was D&D motorsports..they had a great price and free shipping on these heads..just wish they were 100% right

Old 06-13-2002, 05:22 PM   #6
jimberg
Registered Member

Quote:
the supplier was D&D motorsports..they had a great price and free shipping on these heads
I hate it when the great price is more than used up with slow service. I saved $50 on my intake over buying it from Summit. If I bought it from Summit, I would have had it last Thursday. I'm still waiting. Hopefully it will be here tomorrow.

Summit rocks!!