MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-07-2002, 11:38 AM   #41
The Fireman
Registered Member

I never knew people could be such a**holes just because they have two more pistons than someone else who has the same love for the Mustang. It's really sad.
Old 06-07-2002, 12:53 PM   #42
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

Are you referring to my comments?

I am not dissing V6 Mustangs. For the price... it is pretty hard to go faster. If you look carefully at my comments, I am dissing the ones that either rice up there car (untastefully), or the people that talk about senseless mods (like an engine swap to a pushrod 302 in a new mustang - WTF!!!!!!!).

True I am frustrated when I see a V6 riding on 18in... perhaps it's because I don't have em on my car, or perhaps I feel mad that the guy is spending xtra cash on mods, when it could have been put forth to a GT to start with. But in general, V6s are fine by me.

I got my girdfriend to call em "fakers" though... it's a game we play, basically the first one to call it wins.

NEW CAR! - 2002 GT TrueBlue - Best Stock ET - 13.77

Old Lizard - 2000GT Electric Green - Best ET STOCK: 13.662 @ 100.2MPH
Old 06-07-2002, 01:43 PM   #43
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by The Fireman
I never knew people could be such a**holes just because they have two more pistons than someone else who has the same love for the Mustang. It's really sad.
I know, I had a v6 mustang for over 2years. I did stuff to it, and thought it was fast and cool, but after race after race having explorers, civics, integra's, minivans, etc etc killing me at the stoplights, I finally said, "this is rediculous. This isnt a performance car by any means." I got smart and sold it. Like I said earlier, I sold it for 9600 and bought a GT, with less miles, for 10k even!!! It just frustrates me that people with v6's don't seem to realize everything they are missing out on by driving them. You know deep down that you're not respected unless you're driving a stang with an 8, and that keeps the fun level at a minimum. I know, because I went through it. Do it for yourself!! Sell that stang and pick up a used GT!!! Trust me, you will NEVER look back!!! Please!! I'm not trying to be mean, I'm trying to help my fellow (legitimate) stangers.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
Old 06-08-2002, 11:48 AM   #44
The Fireman
Registered Member

I was talking to anyone that puts down another person, and their Mustang because they don't have a V8. As far as I see it if you have a Mustang you're cool with me. Even if it's something like a 74 Ghia with a four cylinder. The only time I don't like a stang is when someone has riced it out, but on the bright side it is a Mustang and not some Civic. Speaking of riced out Mustangs. Where I'm from you cannot go out on the road without seeing a V6 Mustang, because so many people own them. ONLY ONE OF THEM IS A RICE STANG!!!! I don't know why some people "hate V6 Mustangs", because that's the car that's keeping the Mustang alive. If the V6 goes we're gonna end up like the Camaro fans, because the V6 is the best selling Mustang out there. So if we don't have the V6 we don't have the V8. Think about that awhile.
Old 06-08-2002, 04:46 PM   #45
BLACK85GT
Registered Member

StopLight, I have to disagree with you on that one. Every mustang doesnt have to be a race car. Some people would kill them selves in a v8, especially the younger crowd. Why do they even make a six? Gas mileage, insurance, and some people just dont care what their quarter mile time is, they just want to get to work, and still have a nice car. Hence, i have my 85 Gt and my wife has her 97 v6 convertible. Whats wrong with that? Its america and freedom of choice is what we are supposed to be all about. I hate the ricer look myself, thats why my cars are stock looking. But if someone wants to put a 6 foot wing on their car, hey, I am not driving it so who cares.
5.0, Holley heads, 1.7 Scorp Rockers, Stealth intake, Holley 600 carb, Holley Mech. Fuel pump, MSD 6Digital, MSD distributor, Hotchkis upper/lower rear control arms, FMS B Springs, 3:73 (8.8) rear.
Production # 9,377
Old 06-08-2002, 05:13 PM   #46
lysacat
Registered Member

Listen, I love my V6. A V8 would only get me in trouble. The Mustang is an awesome looking car whether it is the V6 or the V8. Not everyone wants to Race...
Old 06-08-2002, 05:41 PM   #47
elliotness
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by lysacat
Listen, I love my V6. A V8 would only get me in trouble. The Mustang is an awesome looking car whether it is the V6 or the V8. Not everyone wants to Race...
Wow!!!! Excellent looking ride lsyacat

I have to say that I appreciate all the people that buy stangs. I think people buy these guys for their own reasons. Some people simply can't afford the cost (insurance / sticker) of a v8. Some don't want v8's because they other priorities. I like all stangs. When my son gets old enough to drive I am going to try and get him to buy a stang. They are dependable and very sporty.

I believe their are more v6 stangs then v8's. Look what happened to the the F-bodies. No sales. I would hate to see that happen to the stang.....
Old 06-08-2002, 10:08 PM   #48
lysacat
Registered Member

Thanks elliotness. She's my baby.
Old 06-08-2002, 10:54 PM   #49
0h n0 5.0
Registered Member

Default ricey v8 or attack of the 4.6 Saleen s281 Shinoda 99 Bullitt GT

i ran a ground of a peculiar type pony today leavin work; a sexually confused 96-(but not 99)GT one might call it. you tell me: stock body,(96-98) hood and ride height,(i.e ugly wheel gap)
huge silver stallion outline design on rear quarters and doors, silver thrust GT bullitt wheels,
black 96 vertical rear brake lights,
stock exhaust,
BOSS shinoda wing,(with BOSS impressioned on the wing's surface)
white"S281" decals on both sides of rear bumper,
99 "GT" stick on emblem on right side of trunk lid,
and painted red stock calipers)

too much money is a dangerous thing, if it was legit an had somethin goin under there, i might see the reason for the wild eye candy, but jus felt like rice. (rice, its contagious). i saw it and stopped jus cause i was astonished to look at somthin of that much attention that wasn't at a car show. and i've been seein a lot of cool mustangs around here (i saw a nice clean lookin red 96 with 18's cobra r's yesterday lowered but nice an simple) but this was trip for me.

i thought ya couldn't buy shinoda parts from retail and that you had to go build one from their specs?

oh well, once again the system fails

1994 GT 5.0l

Last edited by 0h n0 5.0; 06-08-2002 at 11:01 PM..
Old 06-08-2002, 11:13 PM   #50
Unit 5302
Registered Member

LOL. This whole topic has spawned off a totally new aspect. Not ricer bashing, but V6 Mustang bashing.

Here's something to make you open your eyes. I'd rather have a V6 than my GT. Truthfully. That way I can have a fox body for a fun car.

The idea there are no mods out there for the V-6 cars is asinine or that engine swaps don't take place is misinformed. I went to a little site called www.v6power.net. I found that several members made were VERY well informed. Questions on that board are getting answered that I wonder if the technical knowledge exists on this board to answer for our cars. They know their stuff, and I learned a great deal about the performance potential of those little engines. Powerhouses they may not be in stock form, but the new V6's will give a Gen 1 4.6L a run for it's money.

As far as the 302 vs the 281 SOHC or DOHC, with what I've found, I'd rather have a 302 for high performance. I don't have to worry about whipping rods through a multi-thousand dollar aluminum block. Not to mention you can have a 302 that will rape a DOHC 281 for less money. 320hp is under $2500 brand new, fully assembled. 340 is just a little more. For what it costs to get a built 281 DOHC engine, you could have a 400rwhp blown 302, and the car would be lighter, and it would be easier to work on.

Bottom line is the V6 is inexpensive, looks cool, and is a very respectable sporty little car. Sorry if I fully disagree with all the BS hating on it. Maybe you'd prefer not to have a Mustang at all? That's what the scenerio would be if not for the V6, which makes the money and pays for all the R&D on the GT and Cobra. The inaccurate statements, failure to see the big picture, and ego's here are out of place.
Old 06-08-2002, 11:54 PM   #51
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

as i said before i am not bashing the v-6 stang , but you cant compare them to the meek 4.6, unit, so , you bought one , yes they are not the 5.0 but they arent that bad for a small v-8, i mean jeez they are not even a 289, i like mine , so i guess you should have bought a cobra, not flaming you at all but , keep your 87 if it's the chit, trade me your bullit wheels & take it back, heheheh,

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Old 06-09-2002, 02:17 PM   #52
elliotness
Registered Member

Oh BTW.

I said I would push my kid toward a stang. It will be a v6.
Old 06-09-2002, 04:18 PM   #53
The Fireman
Registered Member

To my knowledge there hasn't been a Cobra owner come in here, and put down the GT. So why are the GT owners doing it to the people with the V6?

I don't know what some people consider to be rice, but what about the Saleen, Roush, and Steeda Mustangs. They didn't come from Ford like that people. They had to be lowered, given wheels, stripes, spoilers, and made to go faster. Everything that some people out there would call "rice" if they saw it done to a V6 Mustang. Why is it called rice when it's a V6, and why is it considered cool when it's a V8?
Old 06-09-2002, 04:21 PM   #54
BLACK85GT
Registered Member

NOt to mention that Roush does v6 mustangs also...
5.0, Holley heads, 1.7 Scorp Rockers, Stealth intake, Holley 600 carb, Holley Mech. Fuel pump, MSD 6Digital, MSD distributor, Hotchkis upper/lower rear control arms, FMS B Springs, 3:73 (8.8) rear.
Production # 9,377
Old 06-09-2002, 04:49 PM   #55
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Marty, it may be that I'm being a little harsh on my 2002. I like the car, and it scores better than my 87 if you'll notice. It's just that I have a 427FE in the garage to put into say a 67 Cougar or something, and instead, I'm putting money into a car payment lol. That's something I haven't had in like 5 years.

Ford has a SOHC engine with a lower redline than my old 87 5.0 pushrod engine. If Ford would have beefed up the bottom end a little to take what a performance engine should make, you could have a 7000rpm redline on the SOHC engine, and make it wind to produce serious power.

I don't really regret buying the car, and once I stick a few hundred into it for mods, I'm sure the character will change dramatically. We'll have to see.

The only thing I've noticed is the average newer 4.6L GT owner has a serious ego. I just happen to know it's out of place. I don't like the ego, and I'd rather people just love the Mustang, period. I don't have a Cobra, or the Mach 1 I'd desperately love to have. If I did, I wouldn't make fun of the GT. I just don't understand where the arrogance comes from?
Old 06-09-2002, 05:18 PM   #56
The Fireman
Registered Member

Amen brother!
Old 06-09-2002, 07:19 PM   #57
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Seems as though I've forgotten to address the thread topic.

I don't like it when crap gets all riced out. It's a domestic ponycar, not an imported tin can. I like it when people do tasteful modifications, but my idea of tasteful is probably different than a lot of people's.

Really, I think that people who know their cars, put their money and effort into making their car look how THEY like it, or run like THEY like it are entitled to do about anything they want. Turning a car into a ghetto blaster hoopty is one thing. That's just being envious of an inferior crowd. Making your car be what you want it to be is cool. Whether it's all show and no go, or all go and no show. Neither is better than the other in my opinion.

Take pride in your ride. Not because you can beat every car on the street, or it glows like a mirror in the sun, but because you love your car, and you know your car.

I think back to when I was younger. Driving around in my black 88LX Hatch with turbines. That was a NICE looking car. I detailed it, washed it, waxed it, poured blood into it (somtimes literally by accident). It wasn't fast, but it was fun, and even if I couldn't make it fast, at least it was going to look as good as I could afford. Cripes. Maybe you guys should gang up on all the kids out there busting their *** because they are less fortunate than you. The only reason I even had that LX was because I got it for a steal. Feels like you guys are all jumping on me, calling me stupid, and a ricer cause my car wasn't a GT. If there is a person on this board that put a lot more effort into their car than I did in that car, I'd be suprised. Sorry if I'm ranting, but I had as much fun in that little car as any of the other one's I've owned. To tell me I was misguided for thinking it was nice is angering.
Old 06-09-2002, 07:47 PM   #58
BLACK85GT
Registered Member

My first car was a brand new, bright red/charcoal two tone 1985 lx 2.3. I had the best times of my life with that car. of course i put the einki honeycomb wheels and a gt wing on it but that was only to personalize it. That car went 200k miles and never ever gave me a single problem, until someone hit me and totaled it. God i miss that car. Yeah i got a gt after that but that will never change my love for my first car. Thinking back, being 18 years old then, i probably would have wrapped a gt around a tree, trying to act cool. Thanx dad for NOT letting me get the gt back then, for now i realize why he did that. When i have a son some day, you damn well better believe his first car is Not gonna be a GT, but a v6, and hey, its still a mustang..
Production # 9,377
Old 06-10-2002, 12:14 AM   #59
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BLACK85GT
My first car was a brand new, bright red/charcoal two tone 1985 lx 2.3. I had the best times of my life with that car. of course i put the einki honeycomb wheels and a gt wing on it but that was only to personalize it. That car went 200k miles and never ever gave me a single problem, until someone hit me and totaled it. God i miss that car. Yeah i got a gt after that but that will never change my love for my first car. Thinking back, being 18 years old then, i probably would have wrapped a gt around a tree, trying to act cool. Thanx dad for NOT letting me get the gt back then, for now i realize why he did that. When i have a son some day, you damn well better believe his first car is Not gonna be a GT, but a v6, and hey, its still a mustang..
I got my first stang when I was seventeen. Since then, I've had a 97 GT and the 2 I drive now. I'm only 21. I've never caused an accident. If you're responsible with what you've got, you'll be alright. 99% of the time, it's the driver, not the car, that gets you into trouble.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
Old 06-10-2002, 12:53 AM   #60
The Deuce
Registered Member

This thread is going on forever, so I might as well contribute. First, 1969 Stang the Skyline has a straight 6 TT. At least until the G35 (new skyline) and g35 coupe.

On the topic, I hate big wings on anything. I may put some BFG's with the raised white letters on my Escort, but I think that would look cool. If you drive a v6 stang, you get props from me. I have no stang, and you have one. There is a reason you bought it, BECAUSE IT IS A MUSTANG. Simple as that, heritage, style and for Pete's sake it AIN'T A GM!!!

I also don't understand the hatred for the 6 stangs and silence on the 4's. I have seen countless articles about how if you want to build a hot fox start with an old 2.3 like Josh's. People don't thrash on these cars as much (partly because they can't). I like to think of the little motor cars as time capsules for me.

How hard is it to find a good v8 65-68? Fairly. There is a seemingly endless suply of straight sixes by comparison. In 20 years we will all be buying these v6 cars to drop crazy motors in and relive this so called Muscle Car Revival.

And all that they keep the stang around crap. That is a good reason for them too. I have a friend who draws cars for Mitsubishi. He told me that anyone who bought a base eclipse paid about $400 twoard some guys AWD turbo car. Simply because they couldn't make up the cost on the higher cars. I figure Ford can't be that much different, so I am offering an advance thank you to all the v6 buyers who are keeping my Cobra under 40k.

*stepping off soapbox*

Rice Haters Club Member #13
Closed Thread