MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-10-2002, 03:33 AM   #61
89mustang
Registered Member

Okay my first ride, which i still have mind you, a 1988 Pontiac Firebird T/A witha 305 now she wasnt a speed demon nor is she now, but i did own a 89 stang LX with a 5.0 and a paxton strapped on it, and i will say from firsthand experience i should have never owned that car, not so much for that fact that i dont love stangs, i do, but i shouldnt have owned a car with that type of power, i know you guys who are older and have had the experience say i am right, you younger and around the same age as me probably think im a wimp, but im 17 and i wrecked it, i hot rodded it and found a curve, she wasnt totalled but i sold her to a buddy cause he loved the car and was willing to fork out the cash to fix it, which was cash i didnt have. But i will say from my own experiance that owning a fast car isnt ALWAYS the best thing, i mean no im not exactly high on V-6 stangs, but ill be honest i wish even now that my car wouldnt have been quite as powerful as it was. Maybe those of you who look at me and say i was a wimp and couldnt handle it, well ill be honest NO I COULDNT, I was 17 and was being stupid and trying to show off, and it bite me. You can take from this what you will but trust me I for one have nothing against V-6 stangs cause maybe had my car been a 6 it wouldnt have ended up off the side of a hill after i missed a curve.

Old ride: 89 mustang LX with a paxton NOVI 1000 strapped to the 5.0 with a 3.55 rearend.

" FRIENDS DONT LET FRIENDS DRIVE IMPORTS!"
Old 06-10-2002, 12:02 PM   #62
SinisterSN95
Registered Member

When i first got my 97 V6 i thought that was the best thing ever. I was like HELL YES, i'm driving a Mustang. Then you get people who make you feel like sh*t because it's not a V8. Guys driving down the street pick on you constantly, and the same thing goes for the internet. And not too long after that, i got a 90 LX vert as my beater. It was a 4 cylinder, so i got picked on even worse for that one. Then the tranny went and i sold it for scrap

I love Mustangs in general and I wish more guys would not worry about what the V6 guys are doing, but worry about what those GM bastards are doing Let the V6 guys tear up the ricers (which is still rather easy) and how bout you V8 guys blow your cars and take on the LS1's.

Tell me, wouldnt that be nice if V6's and V8's both owned somebody instead of V8's worrying about what the "little" brothers are doing? Seriously.

Mustangs
Old 06-10-2002, 12:30 PM   #63
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

People try and tell me I should of bought a real stang instead of a vert. My car is somewhat of a sleeper it looks and sounds stock, its not just super fast but 13.7 @3000ft aint bad. Usually I am just fast enough to beat the people with the big mouths.

People with V6 stangs get treated like crap.....If they try and look like a V8 they are called a poser and if they put nice rims and a killer sound system they are called ricers.

I used to have a 96' V6 Firebird and I always wished it was a V8. I imagine V6 stang owners feel the same, but to each there own.

Later,
Old 06-10-2002, 12:40 PM   #64
929PhoenixSquid
Registered Member

Hey peeps. If I had the available cash to go buy a 2003 V6, I'd do it in a second. I live in Screw Jersey (yes, we have the HIGHEST insurance rates in the world ). A few "minor" tickets tend to boost your rates .

The only reason I bought a 5.0 is because I happened to find a killer deal and am lucky enough to have a fiancee that lives in MD and is a more "responsible drive." (oh, and I love the torque...)

SN95 block front and rear seats, Mac catback, BBK off-road H-pipe, Steeda castor camber plates, Steeda lowering springs, Tokico shocks/struts, Alpine/MBQuart/PPI audio mods...
Old 06-10-2002, 04:42 PM   #65
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

Too each his own. (putting on flame suit) A v6 is a v6, don't try and make it pass for a v8 or don't make it ricy or I'll smoke it. Oh... and altezzas have no right to be on a domestic... that is unless you like your car to look gay (IMO).

Unit... about that SOHC V8 running at 7000rpm... ever read up on SHM? Sean ?Hilland? Motors? Canadian company that is doing some pretty sweet work on the modular engines.

NEW CAR! - 2002 GT TrueBlue - Best Stock ET - 13.77

Old Lizard - 2000GT Electric Green - Best ET STOCK: 13.662 @ 100.2MPH
Old 06-10-2002, 06:33 PM   #66
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizard King
Too each his own. (putting on flame suit) A v6 is a v6, don't try and make it pass for a v8 or don't make it ricy or I'll smoke it. Oh... and altezzas have no right to be on a domestic... that is unless you like your car to look gay (IMO).

Unit... about that SOHC V8 running at 7000rpm... ever read up on SHM? Sean ?Hilland? Motors? Canadian company that is doing some pretty sweet work on the modular engines.
As a matter of fact, a few of his cars were at the American Ford car show I went to yesterday. What's your point? I hope you're not suggesting that everybody should ship their engine out to a tuner to get it setup to take the kind of performance it should have from the factory? Not to mention after the stories I've been hearing lately, his shop puts out a lot of **** now. I don't like junk. You pay an additional 5k and get a better engine. I got news for you, the 3.8L bottom end will go neck and neck with the SOHC 4.6L according to the guys who own them. So don't try to make the 4.6L look fast, you might run into a 3.8L making the same power, only his car is more reliable, and cheaper to fix. LOL. I'm soooo gonna laugh when you get smoked by a V6.
Old 06-10-2002, 06:50 PM   #67
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Unit 5302

I'm soooo gonna laugh when you get smoked by a V6.

Yeah, then I'll laugh when I see Satan slipping on all that ice!

But seriously, Unit, you have a 4.6 GT now!! Join us already!!!

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
Old 06-10-2002, 08:25 PM   #68
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by StoplightWarrior

Yeah, then I'll laugh when I see Satan slipping on all that ice!

But seriously, Unit, you have a 4.6 GT now!! Join us already!!!
I believe my old original Dungeons and Dragons book said the 8th plane of hell was ice. You may get your wish, heheeh.
Old 06-10-2002, 09:37 PM   #69
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:

I believe my old original Dungeons and Dragons book said the 8th plane of hell was ice. You may get your wish, heheeh.

Haha, I used to do Dungeons and dragons in the early 80's, till my dad said he was afraid I was either going to commit suicide, or become a devil worshipper. He made me stop.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Old 06-10-2002, 10:36 PM   #70
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizard King

Key word in this post...IMO!

Sinister, just a word of advice...although I agree that people all too often push their unrequested opinions, it is also equal responsibilty to IGNORE IT. They don't always shut up, but they usually go and bother someone else
Old 06-11-2002, 12:36 PM   #71
The Fireman
Registered Member

The people that have a GT, and say they LOVE the Mustang, and put down the V6 stangs are the REAL posers. These people are not TRUE Mustang fans at all!
Old 06-11-2002, 12:55 PM   #72
SinisterSN95
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by The Fireman
The people that have a GT, and say they LOVE the Mustang, and put down the V6 stangs are the REAL posers. These people are not TRUE Mustang fans at all!
damn straight
Old 06-11-2002, 03:24 PM   #73
0h n0 5.0
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by The Fireman
To my knowledge there hasn't been a Cobra owner come in here, and put down the GT. So why are the GT owners doing it to the people with the V6?

I don't know what some people consider to be rice, but what about the Saleen, Roush, and Steeda Mustangs. They didn't come from Ford like that people. They had to be lowered, given wheels, stripes, spoilers, and made to go faster. Everything that some people out there would call "rice" if they saw it done to a V6 Mustang. Why is it called rice when it's a V6, and why is it considered cool when it's a V8?

toche fireman
we as american 21'st century humans always want somthin better: bigger body parts, better jobs, lives, more attractive partners, nicer cars... the list is endless. i don't know how we became fixated on the future or of "what could be better than now". why can't we enjoy our short time here in the present?

rice by my definition is overkill; projecting an image of false performance and destroying a beautiful orginal design with sensory overloading eye candy. . deep down we all want somthin better. every 6 owner would love to own a horsepower v8 monster with shiny rims an a killer sound system. GT owners would love to own the nasty ford cobras an the killer horsepower, torque and performance of fabled big bad snake emblem. cobra owners would love to own the speciality high dollar trophy ponys in the elite mustang corral: saleens, roush, shinodas, steedas.. the universal link that keeps us togther: we all want somthin better an we all love mustangs.

some people say immitiaton is the highest form of flattery and I agree. thats why we as car nuts are willing to tear up, rip out, polish, spit shine an build from the ground, up our dream cars; why we pour thousands upon thousands of dollars into automobiles. we dress them to be our dream cars with body mods, better wheels, turbos, nitrous, superchargers an good ol fashioned cubic inches to make what we are forced to settle for run an look like our dream cars...

...but when you can't decide which model you want to imitate, i.e roush wheels, a shinoda wing, and cobra body emblems, and saleen hood, and steeda body kit, and its not executed with class an style seemlessly and is simply bloody sensory overkill.. that my friend is rice. i don't care if its a 4, 6, 8 or 12. an ugly car is an ugly car and an "ugly car" is negating the balance between style and form and the cars natural original design characteristics. by not utilizing the cars natural design and enhacing those aspects, it jus looks like a failed attempt at glory and it shows to the artistic eye.

if your gonna "enhance" your car, look at the lines, the pannels an the shape of the body, look at function before form, an realize people designed the o.e body for looks. these ponys look bad a** lowered w/ nicer tires. they were designed by artists and engineers decade after decade trying their best to continue the legend of the mustang: its history, prestige, and its place in americana , but its up to us...to make these ponies hual a**

1994 GT 5.0l
Old 06-11-2002, 05:46 PM   #74
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

I still don't like v6s

I will admit there are some very nicely done ones, my friends in fact own several nice 6's, and for that I respect them very much. The majority of sixes out there, though, are single tipped, hubcapped, 150hp nonperformance stangs. Those are the sixes I wish were not stangs. I don't want to offend anyone here, v6s can be nice, but stock, I don't think they are.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Old 06-11-2002, 06:00 PM   #75
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
The majority of sixes out there, though, are single tipped, hubcapped, 150hp nonperformance stangs. Those are the sixes I wish were not stangs. I don't want to offend anyone here, v6s can be nice, but stock, I don't think they
are.
Yeah dude I can't believe they actually once came with hubcaps..94/95 only I think, MAYBE in 96...freeking disgusting

My 98 came with the 15x7 brushed aluminum retarded triangle rims...those were replaced with waffle stars in 2 weeks
Old 06-11-2002, 06:44 PM   #76
BLACK85GT
Registered Member

stoplight, you still dont seem to understand that without the v6's, there would be no gt's. Ford almost stopped making the mustang all together back about 94. Its the v6 sales that kept it alive. To each his own, I say.
5.0, Holley heads, 1.7 Scorp Rockers, Stealth intake, Holley 600 carb, Holley Mech. Fuel pump, MSD 6Digital, MSD distributor, Hotchkis upper/lower rear control arms, FMS B Springs, 3:73 (8.8) rear.
Production # 9,377
Old 06-11-2002, 11:32 PM   #77
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

Quote:

As a matter of fact, a few of his cars were at the American Ford car show I went to yesterday. What's your point? I hope you're not suggesting that everybody should ship their engine out to a tuner to get it setup to take the kind of performance it should have from the factory? Not to mention after the stories I've been hearing lately, his shop puts out a lot of **** now. I don't like junk. You pay an additional 5k and get a better engine. I got news for you, the 3.8L bottom end will go neck and neck with the SOHC 4.6L according to the guys who own them. So don't try to make the 4.6L look fast, you might run into a 3.8L making the same power, only his car is more reliable, and cheaper to fix. LOL. I'm soooo gonna laugh when you get smoked by a V6.
I'm suprised to hear that from SHM... where have you heard these stories? It's too bad... As far as 3.8 bottom end being stronger?? Isn't the 4.6 bottom end the same as the 5.4? Yeah... that's right, the one in the F-150 pickups... the most sold vehicle on the planet. How can the 4.6 bottom end be that much less reliable than a 3.8? Is there any meat to back this up? If the 3.8 bottom end is so much better, why is the top end so restricted? 5200RPM redline?

You can probably run circles around me with your knowledge of mechanics, but I can't see where you are going at? You make it sound like a V6 is a way better buy... yet you still get a GT. Like StoplightWarrior says... when are you joining the club already? It's like you don't like your new GT. Is it the payments that make you grumpy?

As for laughing when a V6 stang beats me... I'll let you know the day it happens. Meanwhile can I inform you everytime I beat a V6?

NEW CAR! - 2002 GT TrueBlue - Best Stock ET - 13.77

Old Lizard - 2000GT Electric Green - Best ET STOCK: 13.662 @ 100.2MPH
Old 06-12-2002, 12:36 AM   #78
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Quote:
Marty, it may be that I'm being a little harsh on my 2002. I like the car, and it scores better than my 87 if you'll notice. It's just that I have a 427FE in the garage to put into say a 67 Cougar or something, and instead, I'm putting money into a car payment lol. That's something I haven't had in like 5 years.

Ford has a SOHC engine with a lower redline than my old 87 5.0 pushrod engine. If Ford would have beefed up the bottom end a little to take what a performance engine should make, you could have a 7000rpm redline on the SOHC engine, and make it wind to produce serious power.

I don't really regret buying the car, and once I stick a few hundred into it for mods, I'm sure the character will change dramatically. We'll have to see.

The only thing I've noticed is the average newer 4.6L GT owner has a serious ego. I just happen to know it's out of place. I don't like the ego, and I'd rather people just love the Mustang, period. I don't have a Cobra, or the Mach 1 I'd desperately love to have. If I did, I wouldn't make fun of the GT. I just don't understand where the arrogance comes from?
unit i said at the very begging of this thread, im not going to bash v-6 stangs, i dont have an arrogant attitude towards them at all, tey are a mustang, i kinda like the stripe some of them have at the bottom, i also said, i have seen riced out gt's & cobra's, i dont think my gt is better than a 6, i would'nt mind having a 65 straight 6 car,thats all i was saying, 3.8's not riced out are ok with me.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Old 06-12-2002, 12:45 AM   #79
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Quote:
Marty, it may be that I'm being a little harsh on my 2002. I like the car, and it scores better than my 87 if you'll notice. It's just that I have a 427FE in the garage to put into say a 67 Cougar or something, and instead, I'm putting money into a car payment lol. That's something I haven't had in like 5 years.

Ford has a SOHC engine with a lower redline than my old 87 5.0 pushrod engine. If Ford would have beefed up the bottom end a little to take what a performance engine should make, you could have a 7000rpm redline on the SOHC engine, and make it wind to produce serious power.

I don't really regret buying the car, and once I stick a few hundred into it for mods, I'm sure the character will change dramatically. We'll have to see.

The only thing I've noticed is the average newer 4.6L GT owner has a serious ego. I just happen to know it's out of place. I don't like the ego, and I'd rather people just love the Mustang, period. I don't have a Cobra, or the Mach 1 I'd desperately love to have. If I did, I wouldn't make fun of the GT. I just don't understand where the arrogance comes from?
unit i said at the very begginig of this thread, im not going to bash v-6 stangs, i dont have an arrogant attitude towards them at all, they are a mustang, i kinda like the stripe some of them have at the bottom, i also said, i have seen riced out gt's & cobra's, i dont think my gt is better than a 6, i would'nt mind having a 65 straight 6 car,thats all i was saying, 3.8's not riced out are ok with me.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Old 06-12-2002, 01:07 AM   #80
02slashstang
Registered Member

Default My v6

HMMMMMMMMMMM...looks like a Mustang...

I like it and thats all that matters! If you don't.. P*SS OFF!

I plan on buying an older "GT" or "Cobra" so I can modify it to my liking. My V6 is NICE looking and the leather seats aint bad either! Too bad some of you V8 guys have to have that V8 to compensate for the lack of ........ (you fill in the word).

Thanks to all the V8 Brothers who have chimed in on us "Lil brothers". ITS much appreciated. Too many jack asses driving Mustangs these days. Oh and by the way I make over 50K (I actually make more) and can afford a V8 but Id rather have a house FIRST! SO what crappy things do you have to say about me. I aint a college kid or in High School so money or insurance wasn't the issue either.

Peace!
Closed Thread