MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-12-2002, 01:10 AM   #81
Unit 5302
Registered Member

I'm not saying ALL new GT owners have an arrogance, Marty.

Lizard King the 5.4L trucks had tremendous crank problems. Lot's of them went bad, just for the record. Also, the V6 redline is NOT 5200rpm. Jeez. It makes it's max power right where the 4.6L does. 190hp@5250rpm I'm not sure where redline is. The new V6 isn't the old 145-150hp V6 turd you'll find in the 1994-1998 cars. With a 5spd and a good driver, the new V6 is a true low 15 threat right off the floor. MM&FF got one to pull off a 14.97 or so back a couple years with no money in. Just the freebies like pulling the spare and jack, etc.

The 3.8L bottom end is quoted as being okay to 350hp. That's about where the 4.6L becomes iffy, is it not? www.v6power.net Why do people always read only what they want to? I never said the 3.8L was superior, or that it was so much better. I said it would go neck and neck. That implies equal. There certainly are some 4.6L's making more than 350hp on the stock bottom end, but I don't know as it's recommended.

I don't know what would lead you to think the parts in the 3.8L would be so much inferior to V8 parts? The V8 has no forged components. It's just like any other commuter car in the parts department. Obviously the less number of cylinders, the more stress you're asking the individual parts to take for the same power. I'm just pointing out the V6 is no performance dud anymore. Much like it's big brother the 4.6L, the V6 finally got some go power worthy of a Mustang.

Sean himself apparently does good work, but I've heard that he has a lot of "assistants" who aren't up to snuff. I read something, make note of the information, but I don't store the source. I visit a couple different Mustang sites, and I search many more.
Old 06-12-2002, 01:46 AM   #82
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mustangbelle306

Yeah dude I can't believe they actually once came with hubcaps..94/95 only I think, MAYBE in 96...freeking disgusting

My 98 came with the 15x7 brushed aluminum retarded triangle rims...those were replaced with waffle stars in 2 weeks
Yeah, my 95 6 had 15x7 hubcabs. I remember one time I was at Taco Bell and my car was parked right outside. There was a group of teenagers standing around it, and one of em said, "That's a nice car." to which another replied, "yeah, maybe if you get rid of those gay hubcaps." then another said, "yeah, and drop in an 8" then I had to walk to my car to leave, and they all laughed cause they knew I heard.

I loved my v6 mustang when I first got up until I learned all it's dirty secrets...its real HP rating, its weight, and the way all the fast car driving guys would give me real looks of "respect" whenever I pulled up at a light next to them. I seriously actually thought they were too scared to race me, and that was why they didnt!!! Haha, how naive was I?

Everyone keeps saying that it is the 6 that keeps the mustang in production. To that I say: Thank you everyone who makes the sacrifice and purchases a v6. You have made my life much better. Thanks to all the scared parents who want to do something "nice" for their high school grads or 16 year olds. Thanks to all the old women who want to just look good in their ride, despite most other factors. Thanks to all the college grads who can't really afford a muscle car, so they settle on a 6. Thanks to all the girls who don't know any better so they make daddy buy them a pretty mustang. A big thank you to all who drive v6's. Next time I see you on the road, I'll throw up a peace sign. If you know why, throw it back, otherwise, just go on ignoring me like all you sixers do anyway.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
Old 06-12-2002, 01:47 AM   #83
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Default Re: My v6

Quote:
Originally posted by 02slashstang

HMMMMMMMMMMM...looks like a Mustang...

I like it and thats all that matters! If you don't.. P*SS OFF!

I plan on buying an older "GT" or "Cobra" so I can modify it to my liking. My V6 is NICE looking and the leather seats aint bad either! Too bad some of you V8 guys have to have that V8 to compensate for the lack of ........ (you fill in the word).

Thanks to all the V8 Brothers who have chimed in on us "Lil brothers". ITS much appreciated. Too many jack asses driving Mustangs these days. Oh and by the way I make over 50K (I actually make more) and can afford a V8 but Id rather have a house FIRST! SO what crappy things do you have to say about me. I aint a college kid or in High School so money or insurance wasn't the issue either.

Peace!
nice looking ride, i love that color of blue, hey i dont bash the 3.8 it's still a stang to me, if it isnt riced out cool, your ride is sharp, i like it, i just got a gt on a whim, they didnt have the color i wanted on the v-6 cars on the lot, unit no problem, my gt isnt the fastest car around, i was just saying, im not bashing a 6 if its cool looking, as the above blue 3.8

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Old 06-12-2002, 08:59 AM   #84
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

Default Re: My v6

Quote:

HMMMMMMMMMMM...looks like a Mustang...

I like it and thats all that matters! If you don't.. P*SS OFF!

I plan on buying an older "GT" or "Cobra" so I can modify it to my liking. My V6 is NICE looking and the leather seats aint bad either! Too bad some of you V8 guys have to have that V8 to compensate for the lack of ........ (you fill in the word).

Thanks to all the V8 Brothers who have chimed in on us "Lil brothers". ITS much appreciated. Too many jack asses driving Mustangs these days. Oh and by the way I make over 50K (I actually make more) and can afford a V8 but Id rather have a house FIRST! SO what crappy things do you have to say about me. I aint a college kid or in High School so money or insurance wasn't the issue either.

Peace!

I make 45K Candian (= about 30K US), I pay taxes through my arse (Canada), I have a kid, a wife, a house, a winter beater, a cat AND GT! What was your point again? Oh yeah you have different priorities.... well that is fine, and I respect that.

You V6 guys have a serious inferiority complex ... In general most people here agree that the V6s are a good thing. Only one has said he didn't like them ... and he is in title to his opinion. I don't like neons. Modified or not, they suckarse... it is MY opinion, you can educate me better about them, but it is still MY opinion.

I HATE RICED OUT MUSTANGS ... which in my area seem to consist more V6s than anything else. If you feel threatenned by that statement ... please go take your Altezzas off.

UNIT, thanks for the clarifications... I am pretty sure though last time I sat in a V6 that the tach was reading 5200rpm redline. Maybe one of the V6 guys can correct me if I am wrong. As well, the shifter felt really different... do any of you know what they put in there for shifting?

NEW CAR! - 2002 GT TrueBlue - Best Stock ET - 13.77

Old Lizard - 2000GT Electric Green - Best ET STOCK: 13.662 @ 100.2MPH
Old 06-12-2002, 05:23 PM   #85
0h n0 5.0
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mustangbelle306

Yeah dude I can't believe they actually once came with hubcaps..94/95 only I think, MAYBE in 96...freeking disgusting

My 98 came with the 15x7 brushed aluminum retarded triangle rims...those were replaced with waffle stars in 2 weeks
i know, i'm still rollin on those dinky 16 an aluminum waffles. i really love the 96 stock cobra 17' wheels with the recessed star pattern.(not cobra R's). they really set off the wheels, but its impossible to find them. its been a headache tryin to find somthin different that won't look stupid an won't bust the bank. wanted some 17's on American racing lemans wheels, but they've been discontinued. i'm undecided on 95 or 99 cobra r's or the torque Thrust GT's. they both look sweet..

i love your car's color, is that factory?

also, i've been wantin to learn how to ride a bike for a while now loved them (since i was a kid) an was lookin at a beggining rider course through a local colllege. I'm not really in to speed bikes (crotch rockets) an am more fond of jus cruisin on a harley or choppers particularly. i know the course is probably going to use beater bikes, but are they more likely to use speed bikes than cruisers for learning purposes, and would you recommend taking a course like this for a virgin rider?

thanx,
oh no 5.0

1994 GT 5.0l
Old 06-12-2002, 06:07 PM   #86
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by 0h n0 5.0

i love your car's color, is that factory?

also, i've been wantin to learn how to ride a bike for a while now loved them (since i was a kid) an was lookin at a beggining rider course through a local colllege. I'm not really in to speed bikes (crotch rockets) an am more fond of jus cruisin on a harley or choppers particularly. i know the course is probably going to use beater bikes, but are they more likely to use speed bikes than cruisers for learning purposes, and would you recommend taking a course like this for a virgin rider?

thanx,
oh no 5.0
Thanks! No, I got her repainted a few months ago, the actual shade is BMW Anthracite Gray.

They use 125cc beater standard bikes to teach you. I already do recommend the course for a virgin riders like you and I Sure, its elementary knowledge, but you gotta start somewhere! For those that have already started, it seems to be a nice brush up on basics, and a more convenient way to get your M class license. I'm a big fan of Jap cruisers and "sport" cruisers, like the Yammy Vmax. Don't worry about that yet, just take the course, then...GO SHOPPING!!
Old 06-12-2002, 11:23 PM   #87
02slashstang
Registered Member

Default Lizard King

A 5-speed 99+ V6 will go 0-60 in 7 seconds... 15.7 1/4 mile
Pretty good performance numbers "stock" if you ask me...

You V6 guys have a serious inferiority complex ...

hmmmm..this thread was started by GT owner...YOU.. stating why do v6 mustangs rice up their cars..Tell you what you drive your V8 and Ill drive my V6...AND its mine so Ill do with it what I want!

Oh and I plan on putting a Gt hood scoop on my car as well as dual exhaust and Bullit rims...To bad I dont live near you where you can see it when Im done.........Is that RICE enough for you?

Old 06-13-2002, 12:00 AM   #88
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Default Re: Lizard King

Quote:
A 5-speed 99+ V6 will go 0-60 in 7 seconds... 15.7 1/4 mile
Pretty good performance numbers "stock" if you ask me...

You V6 guys have a serious inferiority complex ...

hmmmm..this thread was started by GT owner...YOU.. stating why do v6 mustangs rice up their cars..Tell you what you drive your V8 and Ill drive my V6...AND its mine so Ill do with it what I want!

Oh and I plan on putting a Gt hood scoop on my car as well as dual exhaust and Bullit rims...To bad I dont live near you where you can see it when Im done.........Is that RICE enough for you?

Actually, I think your v6 will look very nice with those mods. It may not have any balls...but it will still look nice. I wouldn't consider those mods to make your car rice. Just don't put GT badges on it.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Old 06-13-2002, 09:43 AM   #89
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

StoplightWarrior ---> BINGO! Exactly my thoughts word for word.

Again if you are pissed by MY comments, it is your problem. I HAVE NO ISSUES WHAT SO EVER WITH V6s, - RICED OUT MUSTANGS (INCLUDES V6/V8) ARE THE ONES I DISLIKE ... what I am saying is around here it seems that all the riced up mustangs are V6s.

You seem to think making your V6 look like a V8 makes it look ricy, ...I don't. The word that springs to mind is "poser".

- Did I say that outloud? Oh my my my... -

True, 15.7 is not bad for stock. Almost faster than a stock Civic Si, and about the same as a J-Body 2.4L.

Old 06-13-2002, 01:44 PM   #90
The Fireman
Registered Member

When I see a GT owner with an ego the words that spring to mind are "dumba** poser"!

Did I say that outloud? Ya d*** right I did!

And if you're p***ed off by that comment, I couldn't care less.

02slashstang your stang is freakin sweet, and if these two wanna put you down, and every other V6 driving, Mustang loving, American out there then forget them. The V6 people are gonna do whatever the h*** they want to do to their cars, and all you people who call that rice don't know your a** from a hole in the ground. Some of the V8 owners seem to wanna put people that have Mustangs into two "clubs". As far as I see it we're all in ONE club, the MUSTANG CLUB. The club that includes everyone with a Mustang from 1964 to whenever the last one is gonna be made NO MATTER WHAT TYPE IT IS. The only bad part about it is some of the members think that they're SOOOOOOOOOOO much better than some of the others.

P.S. I hope I haven't p***ed off anyone other than the V6 haters out there.
Old 06-13-2002, 02:03 PM   #91
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

Quote:
Originally posted by The Fireman
When I see a GT owner with an ego the words that spring to mind are "dumba** poser"!

Did I say that outloud? Ya d*** right I did!

And if you're p***ed off by that comment, I couldn't care less.

02slashstang your stang is freakin sweet, and if these two wanna put you down, and every other V6 driving, Mustang loving, American out there then forget them. The V6 people are gonna do whatever the h*** they want to do to their cars, and all you people who call that rice don't know your a** from a hole in the ground. Some of the V8 owners seem to wanna put people that have Mustangs into two "clubs". As far as I see it we're all in ONE club, the MUSTANG CLUB. The club that includes everyone with a Mustang from 1964 to whenever the last one is gonna be made NO MATTER WHAT TYPE IT IS. The only bad part about it is some of the members think that they're SOOOOOOOOOOO much better than some of the others.

P.S. I hope I haven't p***ed off anyone other than the V6 haters out there.
Amen to that. --> look no roll eyes <--

Did I hurt your ego Fireman... sorry to hear that. The proof that I care about you Fireman, is I have repeated my point over and over again, but you chose not to listen... so whatever man. You set the example for your sibilings... We are all Mustang owners, but there are some we'd rather ignore. (Like the 88HP Mustang II during the gas crisis in the the 70s.) THE NEW V6 IS A GOOD STANG ... NOT EVEN A SECOND APART FROM THE 96-98 GTs.

Is this clear enough?

Old 06-13-2002, 02:40 PM   #92
The Fireman
Registered Member

There isn't much you can say to hurt me. I don't like riced out stangs either. It's when the talk turned to how bad the V6 is to begin with that I had something to say. Don't get me wrong I didn't come here to fight with anyone Ok. But I'm not going to just sit here, and let people rag on the car I love. The Mustang II might be the worst stang so far, but I don't want to forget it. I think everything has been said about this topic so why don't we just drop it, and get onto something else Ok.
Old 06-13-2002, 04:12 PM   #93
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by The Fireman
I think everything has been said about this topic so why don't we just drop it, and get onto something else Ok.

Sure, just as soon as you admit that GT owners are better people than v6 owners.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Closed Thread