MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-11-2002, 11:34 AM   #1
5.0L_Of_Fury
Registered Member

Default Project: "Anti-Rice" Will Be Begining Soon!!!

Well this is all in hope...I have a job interview tommorow at autozone...if I get it every dime from it will go towards my project..which is....351W EFI Bored .40 over 400 crank, Cleveland heads (ported and polished by Brad at Jones Bros. Racing ) totaly upgraded front and rear suspension 9 inch rear end with 4-10 gears(maybe havent decided exact gear yet) and a 200 shot of direct port nitrous injection....setting in front of a built T5 with a cobra clutch and a custom made drive shaft...ok so now its time for a question....Brad says I can use the wiring harness and computer from a 5.0..is this true?..and if I buy a MSD 6AL do I need a computer?....when I get it all built (roughly 6-8 months )I already have a rice race lined out there is a boy in my home town with a Civic V-suck I mean tech twin turbo and a 70 shot and he says he will give ME a 2 car length head start BWHWHHAHAHA
No Substitute For Cubic Inches!
BURN EM UP
fivepointzero@kytnar.org

"Give 'Er Hell"
"They Call It Minute Rice..Gee Are Those Actually Track Times?"
Firemen: We Find 'Em Hot And Leave 'Em Wet"
Rice Haters Club Member #23 (GM Ricer Fads)
Gotta Love Hatin 'Em
CLUTCHES,FUEL PUMP RELAYS,FOUR CYLINDERS
5.0L_Of_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 11:43 AM   #2
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

i thinkmyou can use the 5.0 stuff, i would ask pkrwud, drastickgt, unit, someone like that, i went from a 69 stang to a 2k, so im no expert, so rice boy is giving you two car lengths, he really is brain dead, hahahah

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 12:24 PM   #3
mustanggt350
Registered Member

Yes, there are a lot of parts that are interchangeable between the 302 and the 351. The only reason I know that is because I was thinking about doing the same thing to my 5.0. The only thing I would do different is instead of NOS, I was going with a Paxton Supercharger with an inner cooler. By the way just with the 9-inch rear end, you will be surprised at how much response you get off the line. Have fun and good luck with the job!!!

Two car lengths... what a maroon (gotta love bugs bunny)
mustanggt350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 12:49 PM   #4
Coupe Devil

Lets not get all fired up yet bubba, Autozone hasnt called yet because you havent called me yet all excited and freakin out. And were not gonna use the Cleveland heads on your car, you'd have to turn it so high to make power it takes teh streetablility option out. And on the 9 inch, the case itself is gonna be a guru special (if you know what I mean) and you'l lhave to get soem axles then but thats not biggie. Go with a blower or a turbo, always there, and you dont have to worry about running out of the juice during a race and bottle temps and pressurs and crap like that. We still need the wiring harness from a 5.0 mass air car. (Wish i didnt sell Mike mine now) But well get it together sometime, start rounding up parts and well do a total swap out and rebuild all at the same time. And ive seen the little rice rocket he speaks of, its fast but I am very confident I can build a 408 with a blower that will wax his little blue bumble bee right off the road. God I love other people funding projects....

Brad

Built Ford Tough Moderator
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 01:45 PM   #5
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Be carefull, A civic with 2 turbos and nitrous is gonna run low 11's or high 10's.

Hondas can be fast too. Didnt you watch the fast and the furious

Later,
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 02:37 PM   #6
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Yes you can use the sensors, wireing harness, and computer off of a 5.0.

Yes, you'll need a computer even if you have a MSD 6AL. The MSD unit is just a ignition box, not a computer.

Are talking about a 400M crank? Cause it won't fit.

I wouldn't go with a set of Clevland heads on a 351W. You'd have a modifie the heads to fit on the block and you'd need a special intake(that isn't made anymore). You'd also have to wind the snot out of the motor, which is NOT a good thing on a 351W due to it's huge main bearings.

Also, it's prob. not a twin turbo civic. Unless he's swaped in a motor with a "v" block. A inline 4 equals a single turbo.

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 04:01 PM   #7
The Deuce
Registered Member

Why not just start with a Cleveland block? If someone else is going to pay for it, get one shipped up from Australia. There are plenty there, and all the other mods would work just as well.

I am sort of confused why everybody uses the Windsor block. Back in "good old days" those were the "low performance" motors. Not that you can't make good numbers, but the Cleveland block is stronger.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 05:46 PM   #8
digital3.3

that sounds like some engine you be building up there. but i agree with the others here start with a cleveland block. and that will be a good race with that twin turbo ricer. have fun with it but don't wipe it out.
Old 06-11-2002, 10:56 PM   #9
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Also, it's prob. not a twin turbo civic. Unless he's swaped in a motor with a "v" block. A inline 4 equals a single turbo. [/B][/QUOTE]

Not true they had a 68 camaro on speed vision with 6 turbos, 3 per side.

Dont know why I had to bring that up.....Im just bored

Later,
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 12:14 AM   #10
tireburner163

Quote:
Originally posted by Dark_5.0
Not true they had a 68 camaro on speed vision with 6 turbos, 3 per side.

Dont know why I had to bring that up.....Im just bored

Later,
Anything is possable, but no proable. When was the last time you saw a twin turbo inline 4 or a "V" anything with 6 turbos. My guess is that it ain't often.

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 06-12-2002, 08:17 AM   #11
Coupe Devil

This little rice rocket IS a twin turbo car. I am sure he had to swap engines but he (his parents) have more money than they no what to do with.

Were not going to use the Cleveland heads, and yes Josh a 400 Crank will fit the 351W block if you have the mains turned down to the 351 sized Journals. Use a 6.25 inch rod and a .030 piston and there you have a 408 stroker, simple, effective, and alot cheaper than getting ripped on buying a "Stroker" kit. I am tryin to convince ADAM to go with a larger supercharger and good pistons for the blower other than a NOS system. I will just be porting and polishing a set of good windsor irons for this motor to probably, geta good set of iron heads to flow good is pretty cheap as long as I can get some flow bench time. That way we can spend the money more so on the other internals strong enough to handle the blower.

Brad

Old 06-12-2002, 09:07 AM   #12
tireburner163

Quote:
Originally posted by pony_power_90
Were not going to use the Cleveland heads, and yes Josh a 400 Crank will fit the 351W block if you have the mains turned down to the 351 sized Journals. Use a 6.25 inch rod and a .030 piston and there you have a 408 stroker, simple, effective, and alot cheaper than getting ripped on buying a "Stroker" kit.

Really? I thought the 351W journals were bigger than the 400M journals.

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 06-12-2002, 09:45 AM   #13
Coupe Devil

Quote:
Originally posted by tireburner163

Really? I thought the 351W journals were bigger than the 400M journals.
Not to my knowledge, Ive seen several motors done this way by the owners. I dont think they were lyin to me. I have talked to my guru and he said it wil lwork and hes a genious so unless theres something hes not tellin me, it wil lwork.

Brad

Old 06-12-2002, 10:19 AM   #14
5.0L_Of_Fury
Registered Member

Default Someone give me some short range ballistic missles!!!!!

UPDATE: Project anti-rice is once again DEAD I woke up this morning (late) so I had to rush to get ready I get ready and go to Sara(my car) she looks at me and says "You know Im gonna make my fuel poump go out!" so I call autozone and tell them my car wont start..they tell me not to worry about coming for the interview since im already late....so as of right now I have a dead car...no way to get to my outher job tonight and my moms car is in the shop so I am dead in the water...a friend is on the way now to help my replace it from our donar car I hope I can get it done in time to go to work tonight...im so frustrated...my car had to have been made at 5PM on a friday (they dont have a crying face)

but on a lighter not I have a really cool pic of me to show you guys...well gals actually
chicks dig a guy in a uniform

"Master Of Disaster"
Adam
Attached Images
File Type: jpg adam_fire_fighter.jpg (78.1 KB, 7 views)
No Substitute For Cubic Inches!
BURN EM UP
fivepointzero@kytnar.org

"Give 'Er Hell"
"They Call It Minute Rice..Gee Are Those Actually Track Times?"
Firemen: We Find 'Em Hot And Leave 'Em Wet"
Rice Haters Club Member #23 (GM Ricer Fads)
Gotta Love Hatin 'Em
CLUTCHES,FUEL PUMP RELAYS,FOUR CYLINDERS
5.0L_Of_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 06:51 PM   #15
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Damn dude...were you going in for a manager position??? I dunno what other job at an auto parts store would pay for that engine! I work in one, and even the managers make measly pennies for the job they do.

Sorry about your luck, but I'm sure you'll find another open position soon
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote