MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-12-2002, 01:29 AM   #1
Latin Mustang
Registered Member

Default I realized that

Through all the trials and errors of my relationships of having crushes and falling in love are going to lead me to my life being empty and never have anyone that I can be with and hold. I'll probably never have a g/f again, the girl I fell in love with isn't in love with me, she's in love with someone else. And my heart is still with her.

How do you forget about someone I can't get her out of my head and my heart. The girl I love will always be with me in my heart even though it may not be physical she'll always be there mentally. Whenever I think of her I think of being with her and raising a family together, and then the time that I've known her which has been 4 years it seems like nothing is ever gonna happen between us.

What do u think i should do? Do You think I should pursue her or just let her be and let her fall in love with someone else?
Old 06-12-2002, 01:50 AM   #2
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

I am in the same boat as you right now buddy. The girl I was in love with for the last year has decided it's not going to work, and is already with someone else. At first I wanted to beat the guy's ***, but that doesn't help anything. I love her, but time will tell. Let her do what she wants, if she comes back, great, if not, you've got to be prepared to move on.

Be smart enough to know that if you have to convince the heart, it never will be, convinced, that is.

Time is the only way to heal.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 07:37 AM   #3
kiku2sleep
Registered Member

I am guessing you are pretty young. The only thing that is going to heal it totally is time. The best thing you can do is quit feeling sorry for yourself and go out and have a good time any chance you get. I know it is easier said than done but it is the only way. You always remember the good things and forget about the bad. Well, evidently it was a bad relationship so remember that. Even is she wanted you back don't do it, it would only be worse than before. Last time I went through this was when I was about 18. Now I am 23, and happily married with someone else. 99.99% of the time the person you “love” in high school will end up being nothing more than a casual acutance or heaven forbid an x-wife.
I have been through the same thing so don’t take this the wrong way. I wish some would have told me this. Suck it up, move on and be a man about it. You can’t be happy with someone else until you are happy on your own. When I met my wife a relationship was the last thing I was looking for. When I was looking, I found nothing.

Good luck chief.....
Old 06-12-2002, 08:52 AM   #4
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Exclamation When love is lost

Latin Mustang:

As you probably already realize, you cannot 'make' someone love you. Hanging around waiting for that to happen while fantasizing about 'what might have been' is pointless and will only make you unhappy.

Youthful relationships are often full of drama and extreme highs and lows; this is normal. If your former girlfriend has found another than she is history for you. Accept that fact and move on in your life as she evidently has. Feeling depressed gets you nowhere and frankly, gets old to those around you after awhile.

The simple fact is that we can't always have what we want; especially the love of another. There is a sweet and wonderful girl 'out there' right now, waiting for someone to 'find' her and the person she's longing for may be you but you'll never find her if you waste all your energy and time on what didn't work and cannot be.

I know, talk is cheap, but many of us have been where you are and know of what we speak. Time does heal. You'll be fine but you need to simply realize that and get out of the 'poor me' attitude, amigo. Life can be sweet but you have to go out and take it and I urge you to do so.

We wish you well.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 12:31 PM   #5
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Good luck buddy!! I know it's hard, but you WILL find someone else!
I'm in a relationship now that we have to go our seperate ways, not because we want to, but because we have to. I find this the most difficult thing ever, it's easier when you want to do it.

I wish you the best of luck, and hang in there!!
Old 06-12-2002, 06:36 PM   #6
PKRWUD

Life can really suck hard sometimes, but it has a way of getting better when you least expect it. Keep a positive attitude, don't go and kill anyone, and things will get better. Trust me on this one.

Joe-
You are probably more of a man than anyone else on this board. I know bits and pieces of what you're going through, and you really amaze me. You should be very proud of yourself. I'd either be dead or locked up by now.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 06:47 PM   #7
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Move on..if she's with someone else already, she obviously doesn't share your feelings of love, so why force it?
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 06:58 PM   #8
rbatson

Rule #1: Don't chase, it'll only make things worse.
Rule #2: Find someone else. This will probably drive her nuts and have her running back to you.. You probably wouldn't want her back if this is what it takes to get her back. After she 'wins' you back the same thing will happen again.
Old 06-12-2002, 07:03 PM   #9
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

When I was hurting from my last relationship I just spent a lot of time in the garage with my Stang. Try to keep yourself busy and doing positive things with your energy and time will heal you. A friend of mine was really devastated by his girl leaving him, so he took all his anger and frustration and built a Nostalgia dragster. He's over the woman, but he still has a beautiful racecar that won the points championship last year.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2002, 12:42 AM   #10
The Deuce
Registered Member

Thumbs down Girls suck

I know I say that a lot when it comes to this stuff, but its true. They are like European cars, nice to look at, impossible to understand, expensive to try and repair problems with, and they leave you wondering how they made all that power. Like they all said, spend some quality time with the Mustang. Easier to understand, doesn't care if you forget to call, just don't run the cheap stuff through it.

That's all, BTW nice Avatar Belle.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2002, 12:53 AM   #11
Latin Mustang
Registered Member

Thanks you guys, that really helps, I really though still can't get her out of my head and out of my heart, she's in my thoughts right now it's like shes controlling my emotions. She means everything to me and she always will. To me she had the heart of gold and she still does. I will always love her but I know I must let go but it will be hard and sometimes I wish I can just curl up and die, because without her I feel like I'm nothing.
Old 06-13-2002, 02:17 AM   #12
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Default Re: Girls suck

Quote:
Originally posted by The Deuce

That's all, BTW nice Avatar Belle.

hehehe I agree!
Old 06-13-2002, 07:18 AM   #13
kiku2sleep
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Latin Mustang
Thanks you guys, that really helps, I really though still can't get her out of my head and out of my heart, she's in my thoughts right now it's like shes controlling my emotions. She means everything to me and she always will. To me she had the heart of gold and she still does. I will always love her but I know I must let go but it will be hard and sometimes I wish I can just curl up and die, because without her I feel like I'm nothing.

It's hard, we have all went through it, we all got over it and your situation is not any different. She will not always mean everything to you, I promise. I have said the same thing before, and now I look back and just laugh. About the whole curling up and dieing because you are nothing with out her attitude. No girl will want you with that attitude. Seriously before you can be happy in a relationship and make one work you must 1st be happy with yourself, your life, and being single. After that you see things clearly.

Like my dad always told me….
Life is like a shilznit sandwich. Every day you take a bite. Some days you take 2 bites, some days you take a bit out of someone else’s.