MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-25-2002, 10:05 PM   #1
srv1
Get down.....

Question stupidist things....

What would be the stupidist thing you ever did when you were a kid? mine was throw rocks at a moving train with the new cars on them. back then they were open, now cause of kids like us, they are fully enclosed! and yes, their is more!
Old 03-25-2002, 10:20 PM   #2
gt lee

Sneaking my moms high heals when I was about 14 and going to the indoor movies, where my brother worked, I just loved them and knew they were off limits, sure didn't think my brother would rat me out....guess I should have just asked her and been honest....oh well.... but then it wouldn't have been stupid... Lee
Old 03-25-2002, 10:28 PM   #3
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

hmm.... Since I'm still a kid (17) to most of you older folks probably my accident was, I regret it so much and my stupidty that led to it. I told the cop to give me a ticket for stupidity. hmm.... I used to get golf balls at a golf course once, we used to take the players golf balls sometimes and move them around for a joke that was more funny then stupid. lol I am always doing stupid things though. Hmm... actually speaking of cars, I have this huge slingshot, you need 3 people to operate it, 2 people old the ends and one person pulls back, we were shooting water ballons at cars one night that was pretty stupid, but pretty funny. lol

I'll think of more I'm sure,
§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 10:51 PM   #4
PGkelly
Registered Member

took a potato cannon to boy scout camp. now THAT was funny. not stupid though, but pretty funny. long story though.

AOL: MCVillain45
PGkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 11:34 PM   #5
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

dirt ball boogie boarding!!!

Ok, take a boogie board, tie it to the back of a 4-wheeler. Then add a field with wet grass, and 50 people at a party egging you on.

P.S. It's also really fun and REALLY fast to hook the board up to a 2000 Jeep Wrangler 4.0 liter after the 4-wheeler runs out of gas

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 11:44 PM   #6
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Take water skis, break off the fins, and tie a tow rope to the back of a pickup. Find your nearest dirt road and let 'er rip. Pretty fun until you fall.

Ok....to clarify, I never did that, but I watched some friends do it. Pretty damned stupid.

Another would be driving a 2WD short/wide F-150 85mph down a dirt road and through an S-curve. (see my avator, or my web-site).

Another would be one of us getting on a bike, and the rest standing with pellet and BB guns shooting at you as you ride by as quick as you can. We put a limit on the number of pumps you could load with, but who really followed the rules, right?

Another would be standing underneat overpasses right next to the road and tossing half-filled 32 oz. coke cups at passing semis...or pickles, candy, whatever was available. That was really stupid.

Another would be on the way to school in the bus. We took Alkaseltzer tablets and put them on the back of our tongues to see who could take it the longest without puking. Fun fun.

Man, I miss being a kid.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 12:49 AM   #7
Jeb_Bush_2000
Registered Member

I bought a Fiero. 'nuff said.

Oh, and I jumped railroad tracks at about 70 in my old Explorer. Funny, the front differential didn't work after that. No, Dad, I have no idea why.

R.I.P. 05/30/02

"I've seen some crazy stuff in my life, but that...was...AWESOME!!! Oh, sorry about your car, man."
Jeb_Bush_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 01:11 AM   #8
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

"dirt ball boogie boarding!!!

Ok, take a boogie board, tie it to the back of a 4-wheeler. Then add a field with wet grass, and 50 people at a party egging you on. "

Or you do that on the beach being pulled by a quad and you get...

MEXICAN SNOWBOARDING!

Later
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 08:58 AM   #9
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

went dynomite fishing once,the bonehead that was with me dropped one right between us thank god i could run back then & got behind the biggest oak tree i could find,the guy who dropped it pee'ed his pant's hehe,i almost did

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 10:04 AM   #10
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Wink Crazy kid stuff

Where to start?

Well, when I was 10 or so my friends and I thought it was great fun to ride our bikes across ungated railroad tracks as a train bore down on us, blastng his air horn over and over as we 'cut it' as close as we dared before the train passed the crossing.

We probably aged a few train conductors quite a bit with that stupid stunt, but hey, we were just kids and never understood the real danger we were putting ourselves into. Honest, Mom, we didn't!
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 01:17 PM   #11
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Yep, I'm sure everyone knew I would be chiming in on this one. It would be shorter for me to tell the smart things I've done as a kid, which would take all of a minute to type.

Lets see...I had to be rushed to the emergency room when I was 5 because I stuck a Lego up my nose. It was one of those little ones.

I was just sitting there, building my legos, watching Scobbie Doo when for some unkown reason, I grabbed a small One Segment Lego, looked at it and thought "This would probably fit in my NOSE!" .

So, what do I do, I cram it up there and it gets stuck. I go crying and screaming to my mom. She was getting ready for a wedding, so the timing was excellent. She had to rush me to the emergency room. I had the doctors stumped, I remember them actually scratching there heads with this perplexed look. The fashioned a little hook and dug it out.

Guess what. I havent stuck a Lego up my nose since.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 02:19 PM   #12
PGkelly
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mercury
Guess what. I havent stuck a Lego up my nose since.
be honest now

AOL: MCVillain45
PGkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 03:56 PM   #13
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by PGkelly

be honest now
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 04:03 PM   #14
PKRWUD

I still do pretty stupid things, and I'm sure I did hundreds of stupid things as a kid, but the one that came to mind as I was reading your post, was when I lived back in New Jersey, circa 1974.

I lived in a small town called Bound Brook. At the end of my street was "the woods". They went on forever, but were about a half mile wide, bounded on one side by houses, and on the other by Route 22, a 55 mph highway.

I used to hang out with the boys from across the street. 2 were older than me, and one was younger. I often got into trouble with them. Anyway, one winter day, after it had snowed, we went down to the woods and started horsing around. I don't remember whos idea it was, but someone thought it would be fun to hike to the Route 22 side of the woods, and see what people threw away (I recall stories of dead bodies, and such) from their cars. Once we got there, one of the guys started throwing snowballs at the cars as they drove by. The trees in the thick woods came right up to the side of Route 22, and still hid us perfectly. Before long, we were all throwing snowballs at cars and trucks that were flying by at top speed, on an icy, snowy day.

I wasn't a very good shot, and missed everytime, until the last time. The oldest brother of the three gave me a piece of ice from the creek edge, and said I would do better throwing it. I threw it as hard as I could, standing not more than 6 feet from the highway, through tree branches. I was unable to see the approaching traffic because of the branches, but the brother told me when to throw.

Well, it hit the passenger-side window of a State Trooper car, and broke it. He locked up his brakes, and skidded for a long way. The brothers immediately started running, but I just stood there, dumbfounded. The car finally stopped, which I found reassuring, until I saw his back-up lights come on. He threw it in reverse, and started backing up faster than when he was going forward. I froze. Finally, he stopped about 20 yards farther down the highway than where I was, and he got out of the car, screaming. He was swearing up and down, and kept saying he was going to kill me when he found me.

Finally, he spotted me. As soon as our eyes met, I started running. I was only 7 or 8, and not very cooridinated, and the path I was running on was not very familiar to me. There were rocks and branches, and ice everywhere. Somehow, I didn't fall. I don't know that I have ever run that fast again. I could hear him yelling at me from behind me, but I didn't dare turn and look. I just kept running, dodging trees and ruts.

I finally saw the main creek up ahead, and knew that my street wasn't much farther. I was looking down at the ground, mostly, so that I could see where I was running, which is why I didn't see my Mother standing there until I almost hit her. She was right by where path I was on met the creek, and looked very pissed.

My Mother was always good at catching me whenever I did anything bad. I never got away with anything. I still sometimes think she really did have eyes in the back of her head.

Anyway, I was certain that she knew exactly what I had done, and that she was going to hold me there for the State Trooper. I was so out of breath from running so hard, my lungs felt like they were made of ice. I could barely breath, let alone talk, which is the only reason I didn't bust myself by confessing.

She asked me what I was doing, and why I was by myself, and when I didn't answer her, she realized it was because I was out of breath, and she started to tell me that I was in trouble for not getting home in time for lunch, as we had agreed before I went out in the first place. She went on to tell me how worried she was, and that I must have just been horsing around in the snow. We started walking home, with me looking over my shoulder for the Trooper that I would never see again.

It was during those moments that I intentionally deceived my Mother about getting into mischief away from the house, for the first time. I realized that it really was just a coincidence that she had been there, and that by not saying anything, I had avoided getting the switching of my life.

Still, I cringe at the idea of throwing snow and ice at drivers speeding by on the highway, especially in those conditions. I had no idea of the dangers I was creating for unsuspecting motorists, but that's still no excuse.

That was one of the stupider things I did as a child.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 05:53 PM   #15
Redline302
Registered Member

I could talk for days lol
But just one quick one I was about 13 and I took my dirt bike out at 3 AM and pushed it down the street before starting it, by the time I got home my dad was getting up for work (5:30) I was lucky to get back in with out getting caught well after that it became a once a week thing with me and my brother for close to a month untill my girlfrends boyfrend called my house at wee hours in the morning THAT WAS A BAD DAY LOL. and I wouldnt change a thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Redline302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 07:12 PM   #16
srv1
Get down.....

Talking

Merc, how the hell did you stick a Lego up your nose! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that is sooo funny! you remind me of Ralph on the Simpsons!
Old 03-26-2002, 11:20 PM   #17
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

Quote:
you remind me of Ralph on the Simpsons!
lol, They taste like burning

the stupidist thing I've done was try to jump on my trampoline on a mountain bike.
needless to say, my little buddies didn't like that too much