MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-08-2003, 10:24 PM   #21
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

Tasteful

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 12:55 AM   #22
rbohm
Registered Member

Cool

very nice, now for a turbo and monster brakes.
by a band who died in a plane crash.

fordsix.com admin
rbohm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 04:29 PM   #23
Axman
Registered Member

Don't suppose I could talk you into a big block???
Axman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 05:03 PM   #24
1996CAMSS
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rbohm
very nice, now for a turbo and monster brakes.
No thanks.

I have a LT1 350 in my 96 Camaro SS which is my joy toy. Not too bad... I ran at the track once(one day, 3 runs) and turned a best of 13.22 @ 105.88 on street tires. I only have bolt-ons done to it, so I think that is respectable. Here is a pic of my SS

Last edited by 1996CAMSS; 06-09-2003 at 05:12 PM..
1996CAMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 05:49 PM   #25
Frankenstang65
Registered Member

I would agree that the body mods on the hyundai are tastefull. No huge graphics or stickers, no non functional scoops on the hood (or roof for that matter...lol), everything is PAINTED and fits right, no gigantic aluminum wing,don't have 50 pairs of fog lights, etc; it looks clean.

Oh also, I wanted to that those are some really good shots of your cars. Did you take those? Seriously, the hyundai shots look like they came straight out of a magazine or factory photo shoot, good work.
---------

I think the import fad is one that will be around for a while. If you notice, the factory designs of many manufacturers are starting to include "aftermarket looking" body kits, lighting, interior trim etc. They are also infusing more hp than they were in the early 90's, and making the cars easier to modify by the import tuner crowd. I think as long as import cars are marketed this way, and as long as they remain within reach of the younger population (relatively inexpensive), there will still be rice.

On that note though, I must say that the import scene, at least as of late, has been maturing. I'm seeing more and more "clean" cars and knowledeable owners than I have ever in the past. A lot of these guys are pretty cool with domestics, and realize that we all have an interest in cars regardless of the number of cyl. These "model" import owners help to put pressure on the real ricers by looking down on them (or trying to educate them) so they don't give everyone else bad name.

Anyways, I don't think they are going anywhere, but even so, I at least have some hope that things will get better. Just my .02.
1965 Coupe: 351W, comp cam, Aluminum Systemax II heads (2.02/1.60), 1.7 Cobra full roller rockers, Edelbrock intake, Holley 650 double pumper, Mallory Unilite, MSD-6AL, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD heli-core plug wires, Hedman headers, 2 1/2" exhaust (GT style) w/ 40 series delta flows, 69 C4 w/ shift kit, shelby traction bars, 3.55:1 rear

Daily Driver:
1989 GT- 5spd, K&N (no silencer), Shorty Headers, King Cobra Clutch, Flowmaster Force II Cat-back
Frankenstang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 06:35 PM   #26
1996CAMSS
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Frankenstang65
I would agree that the body mods on the hyundai are tastefull. No huge graphics or stickers, no non functional scoops on the hood (or roof for that matter...lol), everything is PAINTED and fits right, no gigantic aluminum wing,don't have 50 pairs of fog lights, etc; it looks clean.

Oh also, I wanted to that those are some really good shots of your cars. Did you take those? Seriously, the hyundai shots look like they came straight out of a magazine or factory photo shoot, good work.
---------

I think the import fad is one that will be around for a while. If you notice, the factory designs of many manufacturers are starting to include "aftermarket looking" body kits, lighting, interior trim etc. They are also infusing more hp than they were in the early 90's, and making the cars easier to modify by the import tuner crowd. I think as long as import cars are marketed this way, and as long as they remain within reach of the younger population (relatively inexpensive), there will still be rice.

On that note though, I must say that the import scene, at least as of late, has been maturing. I'm seeing more and more "clean" cars and knowledeable owners than I have ever in the past. A lot of these guys are pretty cool with domestics, and realize that we all have an interest in cars regardless of the number of cyl. These "model" import owners help to put pressure on the real ricers by looking down on them (or trying to educate them) so they don't give everyone else bad name.

Anyways, I don't think they are going anywhere, but even so, I at least have some hope that things will get better. Just my .02.

Thanks for the compliments.

To answer your question...
Yes, I took the pics as shown above with my digital camera.

Also, I have to agree that the import scene has matured and will hopefully keep maturing. I am into the more clean look and not the aerospace look.

One thing I did do that some would consider "rice" is install a GReddy EVO catback. It does have large tips, but they fit the cars rear cutouts in the bumper IMO. I decided to go with GReddy as it isn't loud and gives the car a nice sound. Not that annoying "fartcan" sound. I have many friends with Mustangs(both 5.0 and 4.6) and they really seem to like the looks and sound of the exhaust. Here are some video clips of the exhaust.
Open with Quicktime.
http://www.clarkes96ss.cz28.com//mov01.MOV
http://www.clarkes96ss.cz28.com//mov02.MOV

And here is a pic of the tips.

Last edited by 1996CAMSS; 06-09-2003 at 07:22 PM..
1996CAMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 04:15 PM   #27
Axman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 1996CAMSS

One thing I did do that some would consider "rice" is install a GReddy EVO catback. It does have large tips, but they fit the cars rear cutouts in the bumper IMO.
I would consider a cat-back ricegear. It's a necessary performance mod on todays pollution control vehicles. In order for the cars of about the last 15 or so years to run correctly with the ECM you have to install Borlas or FlowMasters. I had to modify the header on my 2.3L LX to accept the O2 sensor.
Axman is offline   Reply With Quote