MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2001, 07:04 PM   #1
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Post Time to kill car salesman

Ok, check it. My wife and I bought our car from a "Performance" car dealer in BFE. Now the guys there know thier stuff, and I have no complaints about that, but read on.
This past week end I decided that it was time to change the sparkplugs, seeing as it has been about 60K miles or so, with very little harsh driving on them. I pull out the driver's side plugs, check the gaps, and they weren't perfect, but livable. Autolite 745's I think.
On to the passenger side. Well, I pulled out the first one, and it was a Motorcraft plug. Now, this bothered me, but I could live with it. I checked the gap, and I nearly fell to the floor. .080" !!!!!!! WTF?!?
The rest of them were fairly consistant gaps, and were all Motocraft. I have developed a theory, tell me how ploausable it is.
The original owner bought the car and decided that he wanted NOS, so he pulled the plugs and re-gapped them. When he sold the car, he didn't change the gap, but took off the NOS. The dealer bought the car, and started to change the plugs and once they saw how difficult it was, just stopped.
Makes me want to rip someone's testes off.
Anyway, it's a miracle that the car runs as strong as it does, and now it seems to run a tad bit quicker. My life sux, well...most of the time.
bigwhitecobra is offline   Reply With Quote