MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-03-2003, 12:06 PM   #1
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Default man, what a sucky day

It starts off last night......I went to the store to get some stripper to get clean my vavle covers, they didn't have any....sucks. So I decide to just paint them, I got creative and decided to try that new "anodized" paint for like $8 bucks......it sucks. So I spend 1/2 the night sanding my valve covers back down. At about 11:00 that night, I say screw it and go inside. I awoke this morning to find that it was raining like hell. My vavle covers, my upper intake, a bunch of new sanding discs and my sander were all in the pouring rain. I glance past the LX and somthing is wrong, the windows are too light (no tint)....DOH!!!!, the windows are down. So I rush out to find that my interior is SOAKED there is like a 1" of water on the floorboard. I can't pull it inside because the GT is all torn apart and I don't have the money to fix it....sucks. So I come back out later after the rain is gone and try to mob up as much as I can. But it's still soaking wet. So I throw some towels on my seat and head of my g/f's house, she usually makes me feel better when I'm a little down. I was gonna take her out to lunch, but she isn't there. Ahhhh, there is a local fun day in the community, Collinsville Day, she's there. Stupid me forgot about it. So I head over there and watch her play in the band. I talk a little bit to some people I know and look at a few classic cars they had there. So I carry her stuff back her car and she says "We need to talk"......uh oh About what? "About us".....big uh oh. So my wonderful g/f of 2.7 years, whom I'm engaged to, says she's not sure if she loves me anymore. That's just fuckin wonderful, why don't you just slam a brick into my face. She says that she thinks that she still loves me, but she's not sure. And she wants space and to be able to date other people.......great, just wonderful. I mean damn.....I've been going out with her for over two and a half years and now she decides she doesn't know if she loves me. This turned a bad day into a horrable day. Not to mention I left work in a mess night before last and skipped out a hour early to go see her perform a concert, I'm already riding the line between employed and unemployed there. So my boss is gonna be PISSED when I get to work. So this day is almost certinly gonna get worse, if that's possable. Not to mention that there's not body at my house because my parents are out of town and all my friends are at work. Oh golly, I dunno, somone to talk to would be nice, considering I just got the heart equivalant of a kick in the nuts. Hell I don't even what to work on the GT. It's torn down to the short block now, but I'm out of money to fix it. I'm not even sure I want to now, at least not at this point. Franky I'm at one of those **** cars stages. Oh well, sorry this was so long, I guess I just needed to vent a little.

L8ter,
Josh

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 01:39 PM   #2
Sicy Stang
Sizzlin' Sicilian

Unhappy

Oh Josh I'm so sorry...

You could say I have a lot of relationship experience.. if you need someone to vent to feel free to pm me.

Things can only get better!

maybe get a car cover for the LX?
Sicy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 05:45 PM   #3
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

Damn man that sucks

You know how I felt about the engagement thing but It sounded like it would work for you two

I hope you get everything back together man. Life sucks sometimes huh?

Just go get some of those guns you have and start shooting stuff outside your house Thats always a way to relieve stress and anger
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 09:13 PM   #4
tireburner163

I dunno, I am optomistic that everything will work out. I love her very much, and I'm pretty sure she still loves me. I guess in a way I can understand where she's coming from. Oh well, only time will tell, I've got plenty of that.

L8ter,
Josh

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 05-03-2003, 10:32 PM   #5
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

man, that sux, hate to hear it, i guess you may as well say i own you at c-day 03, j/k , i know not funny. guess you aint buying my wheel's huh.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 01:23 AM   #6
jj_jonathon
Trisket

if youve had a great relationship so far, youll more than likely get back together and shell be really sorry she did the break...ive been with my gf for 22months and we still go crazy when we dont see each other everyday...just think optomistically josh...stuff tends to work out in the long run!

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 02:08 PM   #7
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Damn guy that is rough. I pretty much know the feeling, my g/f said the same thing to me back in December, we were going out for a year and a half, I loved her more then anything, and I'm sure alot of the older members will remember me talking about her alot. She said her feelings for me weren't as strong as they used to be, and she liked someone else alittle, well 4 days later she was going out with that persons, and pretty much forgot about me. I did everything to win her back, to try to give us another try, but she didn't want anything to do with me, until she relised this guy was a dead beat and came running, crying back to me. Being the guy who would never stop loving her took her back. Point of the story is, don't give up on love, and ya're not alone. All woman are confused, love will always find it's way.
Sorry about the bad luck, don't worry it always gets better. I went threw it when my g/f left me, I had a whole bunch of legal issues going on, I just sold my Mach 1, school was going shitty, alot of people turned there back on me. But everything has turned around, and things are going to be for the best.

-Sam.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 02:53 PM   #8
WADS56
gear banger

Dude this stuff sucks I know. I have been through it all and I have learned that only time will work it out. It sounds like she is just young and scared. If she wants to date other people that means that she allready has someone in mind. You just have to let her go and not bother her. It will be the most painfull thing you will go through, but calling her and hanging by her side will not let her see what mistake she may have made. Don't play games but let her see that you can move on with out her, because you can.
Ricer hater's club member #49
WADS56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 10:07 PM   #9
tireburner163

Quote:
Originally posted by WADS56
If she wants to date other people that means that she allready has someone in mind.
Right you are. It turns out she broke up with me with the thought of going out with a friend of mine. What pisses me off so much is that I suspected she like him, but she said they were just friend's and she didn't, even got upset with me because I was "insecure". And it turns out the whole time she like him. She said she realized she didn't know if she loved me when she wanted to go out with him. I told her that No, she did not love me if she wanted to do that.

Quote:
Originally posted by WADS56
You just have to let her go and not bother her. It will be the most painfull thing you will go through, but calling her and hanging by her side will not let her see what mistake she may have made. Don't play games but let her see that you can move on with out her, because you can.
Thanks for the advice dude. I was considering that, and was actully trying to ratonalize it out, but your right. We work at the same place (as does the other guy), I'm just gonna ignore her.

It's just that she flat out lied about her liking him, how could I take her back if I can't trust her? What if I do take her back? Will there be a next time? I just feel like I've been flat out replaced or something.

Oh well. If you love something let it go, etc, etc. If it's ment to be, it will be. Time will tell, and I've got plenty of that.

oh well. 2 years and 7 months......down the shitter.

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 05-05-2003, 10:13 PM   #10
Sicy Stang
Sizzlin' Sicilian

Unhappy

I dont see how you could ever trust her again after this. Once that trust is broken its really hard to get it back without constantly second guessing the other perosn. She will probly realize she made a mistake, but be the bigger person and walk on. As hard as it may be.
Old 05-05-2003, 10:17 PM   #11
tireburner163

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy Stang
I dont see how you could ever trust her again after this. Once that trust is broken its really hard to get it back without constantly second guessing the other perosn. She will probly realize she made a mistake, but be the bigger person and walk on. As hard as it may be.
Even though you may be right.......I dunno if I can do that. If she realized she made a mistake and she does love me......I will probably take her back. Time will tell.

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 05-05-2003, 10:24 PM   #12
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

josh, your young, have fun with it as long as you can, i got married at 21, couldnt handle it, so i got divorced, went in the navy, had a blast, wait till your in your l8ter 20's, or early 30's then you will know, take it from an old basta--- .

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 10:30 PM   #13
b055
Registered Member

josh josh josh!!! man i have been there with my X.. it's hard to do but the best thing i could say is just walk away my friend!

come hang out in philly and drink with us this weekend!

remember: "there are more fish in the sea... and not all of them smell like tuna!"
Old 05-05-2003, 10:34 PM   #14
tireburner163

I know your probalby right. But I love her dearly, and maybe I'm young and stupid, but I really want to spend the rest of my life with her. But like I said, time will tell. What will be, will be. Nothing I can do about it. I don't entend to just sit around. I told her that if she ever decieded that she made a mistake to call me......I might be there. So she know's I'm not sitting around waiting for her.

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 05-05-2003, 11:14 PM   #15
lil drummer boy
Registered Member

Well man... that sucks to hear. I think a lot of us have been in similar situations. Let me share a short story with you... might make you feel better. I didn't go through the exact same thing you have, but my ex whom I went out with for 3 years said something around those lines. That she wanted to date other people for a while. She didn't want to be tied down just yet. Well we never got back together and I'd suspected she'd been cheating on me and it turned out she had been... for the entire 3 years we were together!!! Talk about one of the lowest feelings you could ever feel... worthless... naive... I was way down... felt like total crap. So it can always be worse man.

I'm now with my wonderful girlfriend of 2 years and we've both promised each other eternity beyond time together. We're very much in love... I mean we're talking feelings and emotions we brought out in each other that neither of us have ever felt before. She's had a lot of problems in her life. She's a very beautiful person with a very warm soul who's had nothing but a crap hand dealt to her all her life... her ex boyfriend abused her physically... he wanted her to be perfect for him and she developed an eating disorder because of it... her crazy sister just got out of jail and has tried numerous times to make her OD by drugging her food and drinks... and her body isn't strong enough to bounce back from that like a normal person... she's very weak due to her eating disorder... and right now as we speak she's lying in a hospital bed because her body and heart are so weak from not getting the nutrients needed for years now. Her sister drugged her and she basically collapsed, so she's been in the hospital all this week. I feel so helpless. I wish I could take her place so that she'd never have to go through this.

on a positive note though... long before my parents got married my mother wanted to date other people... and my father remained the guy that she went back to for a shoulder to cry on... and look at them now... they've been happily married for over 30 years...

every relationship is different... sometimes things turn out the way you'd expect... sometimes they don't... you just have to trust your heart... try and look at the bright side Josh... things may look bleak now... but they can always get worse... just be glad you're not at rock bottom!

Dig heavy metal? Check out my band Remains Of Eden

Proud owner of a white 1997 Mustang GT
lil drummer boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 02:14 AM   #16
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

Man forget about her. Get your butt through community college and transgfer out to california and find yourself a hottie among the many of them out here

Screw the tied down thing and have fun in your 20's. Thats my plan

But i do see where your coming from and i respect that. But it does suck
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 01:58 PM   #17
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Damn guy that is pretty much my story, I suspected she liked this guy, but she said they were just friends. And then she told me she liekd him alittle and wasn't to sure about her feelings towards me. She had gone to the movies with this guy one time, before I suspected anything, so I just surprised her at the movies with my buddy just to say hi cause I hadn't seen her in a few days and she was all upset cause and said how I was always spying on her and didn't trust her and ****. Like 2 weeks later, she leaves me for him. And she told me she started liking him from awhile ago. Weird thing was, I work with them both also, the guy woudln't even look at me, I would walk by him and he would turn his head and look at the wall or walk the other way. Pissed me off alot that he didn't even have the balls to talk to me even after stealing my g/f. Ohh... well the story goes on that I have her back, but trust will always be a problem in our relationship, or atleast until I can get it back which may not be for awhile and she knows that and is willing to work on it. She asked me the other day if she could hang out with her old b/f's friend and I said it would piss me off. I'm going to be honest, I used to hold it in and do my best to trust her, now I just say **** it. I would rather give up the relationship before going threw the pain again.

Sadly it was a relationship I seen lasting a lifetime, that has turned into a relationship of reality. When she left me I relised there was alot of girls out there, and you'll figure that out quick.

And screw woman, who needs them when ya got a Stang. j/k lol

-Sam.
Quote:
Originally posted by tireburner163
Right you are. It turns out she broke up with me with the thought of going out with a friend of mine. What pisses me off so much is that I suspected she like him, but she said they were just friend's and she didn't, even got upset with me because I was "insecure". And it turns out the whole time she like him. She said she realized she didn't know if she loved me when she wanted to go out with him. I told her that No, she did not love me if she wanted to do that.

Thanks for the advice dude. I was considering that, and was actully trying to ratonalize it out, but your right. We work at the same place (as does the other guy), I'm just gonna ignore her.

It's just that she flat out lied about her liking him, how could I take her back if I can't trust her? What if I do take her back? Will there be a next time? I just feel like I've been flat out replaced or something.

Oh well. If you love something let it go, etc, etc. If it's ment to be, it will be. Time will tell, and I've got plenty of that.

oh well. 2 years and 7 months......down the shitter.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 02:50 PM   #18
Sicy Stang
Sizzlin' Sicilian

Quote:
Originally posted by MidNiteBlu 5.0
Man forget about her. Get your butt through community college and transgfer out to california and find yourself a hottie among the many of them out here
Old 05-11-2003, 10:25 AM   #19
tireburner163

Well it's over. It's never gonna work......at least not now. I'm just gonna have to suck it up and move one. I've got a couple of girls in mind I wanna ask out, guess I could do that.

I dunno, I'm still depressed at times, mostly in the morning. I have ups and downs, but I am doing a little better, the downs aren't as low anymore.

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 05-11-2003, 01:15 PM   #20
Sicy Stang
Sizzlin' Sicilian

I think you're making the right decision, as much as it hurts. I know how you feel. Cant eat cant sleep .. depressed. Time heals all wounds my friend.

Good luck.