MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-01-2002, 10:23 PM   #1
Eric4Nitrous
Registered Member

Unhappy Depression

What exactly causes it? I've been deeply depressed for the past couple days and i don't know why. I've given up hope on everything in life..cars, women, my house work etc. I come home to an empty house every night and have nobody to talk to. I just feel like giving up on life in general and just taking a gun and sticking it to my head and pulling the trigger. I wake up every morning with nothing to look forward too..just sleeping my whole day away. Called into work for three straight days and my job is prolly on the line..but i just don't care. I haven't eaten anyting in the past two days. I went to the doctor and he told me what i already knew..that i'm depressed. So what's causing this??
Eric4Nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 10:32 PM   #2
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Default Re: Depression

Quote:
Originally posted by Eric4Nitrous
What exactly causes it? I've been deeply depressed for the past couple days and i don't know why. I've given up hope on everything in life..cars, women, my house work etc. I come home to an empty house every night and have nobody to talk to. I just feel like giving up on life in general and just taking a gun and sticking it to my head and pulling the trigger. I wake up every morning with nothing to look forward too..just sleeping my whole day away. Called into work for three straight days and my job is prolly on the line..but i just don't care. I haven't eaten anyting in the past two days. I went to the doctor and he told me what i already knew..that i'm depressed. So what's causing this??
you better snap your a-- outta that, dont make me drive to va. a gun aint the answer been, there , couldnt do it. get it together man, come on.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 10:35 PM   #3
Eric4Nitrous
Registered Member

wished i could just snap out of it. I don't know what's wrong.
Old 11-01-2002, 11:43 PM   #4
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

pm me for my phone #, if you wanna talk.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 11:53 PM   #5
jj_jonathon
Trisket

sounds like you need some booty badddd...

marty's right...the gun is not a real answer...its for pussies...and with your pinto, i don't see how you could be one....

just go clubbing, meet some women, hook up with one...or all of them...

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 11:57 PM   #6
srv1
Get down.....

Exclamation WAIT!!

check your PM Eric!!!
Old 11-02-2002, 12:00 AM   #7
rbatson2
Registered Member

Some people say its a chemical imbalance, I think that is a result, not the cause. Sounds like something tramatic has happened to you lately and you are having a hard time dealing with it. I broke up with my girl one time and didn't eat for 2 days and finally forced myself to eat something when I became light-headed and dizzy. I got down to 174#s at that time, 195 is my normal weight. I've been exactly where you are and the best thing to do is to talk with friends(you probably have better friends than you realize). This message board has always been here for me, lots of friends here. Hmmm... a gun? Been there as well. I always think of the times when I was on a "high on life" high. No more life= no more sex(think about THAT for a moment). Force yourself to go out and you will have a better time than you expect, that's what happens to me. At times like these you have to consider what is better, living or being dead.. Living is way better. These feelings will past and you will wonder later why you would ever consider NOT living. All you need is to find that one woman that will make you feel great with a simple smile or touch, they can do that, you know. Funny they can bring you to your highest point but can also bring you to your lowest low. Tell us what is bothering you and we can probably help you. It'll help to just get it off your chest, if nothing else. What is troubling you??? Whatever it is, it will past(believe me). Just remember... Life=Good. Death=you're missing out on something yet to be.
rbatson2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 12:11 AM   #8
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Arrow YOU are not alone!

ERIC.........
Hey...I know I was not gonna post tonight cuz im trying to get this garage sale **** together, but THIS I can not let slide.........

I can totally relate but something you have to keep in mind, is that you are NOT alone! I think that us being where were at (age wise) and basically knowing what we want out of life, but just dont know how to achieve it, and it gets to the point to where you feel helpless and hopeless.

. I get like that alot myself...but you HAVE to not let it affect your day to day routine(work, eating, etc.) I know it is easier said than done. I'm just the opposite, I'll eat more, and of corse, women have a tendancy to cry more.

If you have ins. I would suggest to talk to a therapist...it does help some...you are able to COMPLETELY open up, and they will try to make you understand why you feel like you do....You sound like you might be to the point where it would be a good idea...they can prescribe you an anit-depressant to keep you functioning normally...if they feel you need it.

When there are so many issues weighing on your mind, and there seems to be no 'quick' answers to them, and the uncertainty as to weather anything will ever work out, is enough to drive anyone insane. Its TOUGH! BUT....not being alive is NOT the answer. There is no 'cause' to why you are feeling the way you do...it just comes from your circumstances in your life, knowing where you WANT to be, and what you want, and not being able to achieve it..YET....BUT that does not mean it will not happen...
You gotta hang in there. Till you find someone to really talk to, you will most likely not feel any better. Sometimes getting an outsiders perspective can help. I know that what I have said will prolly not help much, but just to let you know that alot of us can relate and know where you are coming from....for whatever reasons...Life can be a real bich sometimes, you just gotta suck it up, and move on. And live it day to day....thats what I try to do.
That kind of rollercoaster ride is not a good one!!!!!!!! I think you have my phone #'s if you EVER want to call me and talk.....I'd love to talk to you! PLEASE dont hesitate to call me if you need a friend....I'll be here.
Please take care, and find something to occupy your mind. Just know that you have lots of friends here who love you and respect you and will always be here for ya!

Your a good man, and You have alot to be thankful for..I know its hard to believe, been there many times myself, and still am alot!. (not being a man, of corse), but the situation.
I love ya man, and like I said, PLEASE CALL ME AT ANYTIME IF YOU NEED TO TALK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ok?
Christine

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 12:16 AM   #9
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Lightbulb aint that the truth!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by rbatson2
All you need is to find that one woman that will make you feel great with a simple smile or touch, they can do that, you know. Funny they can bring you to your highest point but can also bring you to your lowest low.

Just remember... Life=Good. Death=you're missing out on something yet to be.
Damn, Rick....you hit that nail ON THE HEAD!!!!!!!! Thats one thing is going from high to low in the blink of an eye. Just something that only time and perserverance will work out.

You have alot of good points...I could not have said better myself.

Christine

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 12:30 AM   #10
Eric4Nitrous
Registered Member

Thank you everyone for all your encouragement. It's just that women in general are frustrating me. I can't understand them. I try my best to be nice to them then they turn around and treat you like ****. I dunno. Plus alot of family problems that i get caught up in. Alot of fighting between my parents which has gone on for practically all my life. Ever since i was little. I guess once you here enough of it, that it gets to you. And i think that's what's happened. Again thanks everybody for the encouragement you've given me. I'm feeling alot better now.
Old 11-02-2002, 01:17 AM   #11
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

I know what ya're feeling, I get the same feeling always in me. I'm at the point now where I still want to live, I'm not going to kill myself, but I always question myself on what the meaning of life is. And what the future holds for me. I never understand so many things in life. I'm mostly depressed cause I need a girlfriend or something. lol Just cause I go to school and drive an hour by myself in traffic, I have no one to talk to, and then get to school, sit in class and pretty much don't talk to anyone, I am on brake and talk to no one really, just sit there on a computer to kill time, then go home drive another hour in traffic without talking to anyone, get home and pretty much do nothing without talking to anyone. It gets pretty depressing not having someone to talk to, I go out with friends but I also like having a girl to talk. I have lots of female friends, just I'm not that close with them. They are just to imature. But I always fine someone to talk too. I just go out and fine girls, they always seem to cheer me up. Or I come on here for a good laugh. + all this cold weather is depressing too. Just hang in there bud, everything will be fine. I just try to stay possitive, and look forward to the future.

If ya want, just drop me a PM, or msg me on MSN.

Take it easy bud,
§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 02:45 PM   #12
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Hang in there, bro... I can relate.
Old 11-02-2002, 03:06 PM   #13
ultraflo
NX dealer-man

Deep subject... and I will say that I'm with ya Eric.

"Life's a *****, but I deal with it."

Just remember you're not the only one.... and things will get better, just hang in there - no pun intended!

I've never been the same since my catastrophic relationship from awhile back (been on a few dates since, but still can't get over the past, she haunts me... and 'they' can always tell)... big time depression for a long time afterwards. I spent alot of time doing absolutely nothing and sleeping the day away wishing things weren't the way they are.... before I relapse I'm going to sign off for now and go out to the garage and find something productive to do. You should do the same.

Take care...

93 LX
9.20 @ 147mph

03 Mach 1
12.39 @ 116mph
ultraflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 01:12 AM   #14
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Quote:
Originally posted by ultraflo
"Life's a *****, but I deal with it."
It's actually "Life's a *****, then you marry one." I'm just kidding with you ladies.

§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 01:17 AM   #15
rbatson2
Registered Member

"Life's a *****, but I deal with it!" Kid Rock.. good music to listen to when depressed. Its about like saying "**** IT!" When I say "**** IT!" I've pretty much moved on and will not let it bother me anymore.
rbatson2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 08:03 PM   #16
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Unhappy

Eric,

Sorry things are sucking right now in your life. Don't you dare give up on it man. I'm gonna be honest and say that I don't know exactly what to say to you to make you feel better except give you my perspective on this: when things get tough for me, I cannot allow myself to consider ending it all-- not out of fear-- but out of rebellion against this disgusting thing that is pushing me to the edge. Quite simply, being the somewhat headstrong/rebellious type, I'd rather fight to the death then yield in submission. Moreover, for me, knowing that there is a God in heaven who loves me enough to send His Son to die for my wretched soul, in place of me, helps me to see this life/death thing from a different perspective. This is my sincere take on this and I know this is not usually the popular thing, but it is what sustains me. Feel free to PM me WHENEVER you want.
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 08:57 PM   #17
The Sandman
Registered Member

Dude I completely understand how you feel.
I'm really depressed right now as well, and I feel like I should just give up on life; but I won't.
Send me an IM if you need to talk to me bro. wcfoutsiders

« Red Firebird »
[ A4 ][ W68 ]

[ Interior Painted Red/Black ][ Wings West Spoiler (Black) ][ Firebat Decals ]
[ (^ How-to For ^) ][ Zaino'ed x 17 ]
[ Mobil 1 ][ Flowmaster 80 ]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
LS1.com Moderator
FirebirdV6.com Moderator
North Bay Mustang Moderator
The Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 12:37 AM   #18
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

I to have been depressed. Its hard to place a finger on what the cause is, but it seems every Fall/Winter, my personality shifts. I go from bieng High Strung, Energetic, Hyper, Talkative, daring to......Quite, sacluded, and dangerously stupid (Dangerously Daring)

I'm also in a very strange situation at the moment in the matter of Females....I shouldnt be depressed, I should be in 7th heaven, but for some reason, I feel so alone. Go figure.

Although I'm usually extremely busy, and dont have much time for anything, if you need someone to "Talk" to, your more than Welcome to e-mail me at speedin_mercury@earthlink.net

I will read and reply.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote