MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-13-2001, 02:15 AM   #1
MEC89
Registered Member

Angry Message Boards gone wild.....comming to a theater near you

For those whom do not know me, I am a new member to this board, but not mustangs. However, I also own a toyota 4x4 truck and I am apart of a toy 4x4 message post. All I can share with you all at this point is that this board seems so normal, no one is bragging, boasting in excess moderation. After being apart of the toy community on the net for quite a while I can say that the rhetoric and the ethical standpoint of the board has gone to the pits. It is having a lot of problems right now. Everyone seems to be an expert/******* /smartellic. I am glad that I found this board not only because it does not behave this way but also since I have searched long and hard for a quality mustang board. This one seems to be the ticket. I would like to commend you all on a job well done. You all seem to get along, no bigotry, not bias feelings, no bull **** to put it short. I just wanted to share some problems other boards are having with you all so that this board does not end up in the same situation.
MEC89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2001, 02:34 AM   #2
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Thumbs up

Well... Welcome!!! This is a great message board, for well over a year i have come here every day, i visit the other ones from time to time, but this one is the first and the best that I have ever been to!! Everyone here is really friendly and knowledgeable.. Enjoy it!!!!

------------------
Joe!
1988 GT, 167,000 miles!!! 13.71@105mph Check out my listing! Click here! Or my website:
www.joe4speed.com
1999 Ninja ZX-6R 10.32@135mph!
joe4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2001, 09:17 AM   #3
Jaydee
Registered Member

Welcome - I've been a member here for six months and really enjoy hopping on whenever I can - as JL1314 said, the membership here is both friendly and knowledgable (have helped me solve a few tough problems on my 65)and there is real pride taken by most of the members in keeping the quality of the board at a high level. Good to have you aboard!!

------------------
1965 K code coupe - numbers matching - restoration ongoing. 1987 LX notch, stock heads and intake, 3.55's and typical bolt on's 13.89@100.25
Jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2001, 12:55 PM   #4
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

I've been here for over two years, and it is by far the best Mustang site on the web. The quality of the information is outstanding and the people are good quality, too. The moderators do a great job of keeping the boards on topic and clean.

--nathan

------------------
--silver_pilate

'91 GT, Built 306, Wolverine 1087 cam, ported Windsor Jr. Irons, and all the goodies...click the link to the left to see a full list of my mods...

Tried and True 302 Being Built to Outrun You! heh heh heh...
--Texas Panhandle--
Check out my site
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2001, 02:40 PM   #5
inferno
The Instigator

Welcome. Glad to see some new faces on this board. I know I was greeted with a warm welcome when I came here.
inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2001, 04:57 PM   #6
lx mike
Undescribable

I go to some of the other car message boards and while they might be more busy with the posting and seem to think that post count means knowledge, if that is true then i'll take 2 week off from work and start some message just to get my post count up there so i will be a smarty car guy like they seem to think! (j/k dan!) do the words "free post" come to mind??

------------------
93-LX: 5 Speed, Flow's with H-Pipe, 3.73's Sub's and K&N.
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2001, 07:46 PM   #7
teal93LX
Registered Member

read my post "JL314 a class guy" and you'll see what type of people post here

------------------
stock aod (only mod is the .38 with hollows on the passenger seat for the jackers) waiting for relatives to die for money for mods...
teal93LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2001, 10:34 AM   #8
StangFlyer
Founder

We'd rather have fewer posts any day than huge numbers of them that aren't worth a crap. Quality over quantity is our motto. So, now you can see why we (The moderators and I) fight so hard to keep things in line here some times.

Thanks MEC89. Glad to have you on board!

------------------
Dan McClain, Editor
The Mustang Works Magazine
1991 Mustang GT - NOVI Supercharged 377 Stroker
1999 Ford Lightning SVT - 2000 Prototype updated by Roush

[This message has been edited by Dan McClain (edited 02-14-2001).]
StangFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2001, 08:31 PM   #9
Thad
Registered Member

Howdy! and welcome also. ever since i heard about this site from jl1314 i've been hooked ever since. It's definately a no b.s. site.
And everone i feel is genuinely friendly.it will make want to own a stang, if you don't already want too.
have fun!

------------------
90 LX 5.0 Not timed in 1/4 mile yet. 135mph max speed, so far.
Thad is offline   Reply With Quote