MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-15-2001, 01:44 AM   #1
MiracleMax
Registered Member

Post Anybody seen Hannibal yet?

Best part about this movie

Fox body LX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I once ate a z-28 with a 302 and some nice 92 octane"

Most people I talked to about it said the movie was slow and didn't follow the book, Still liked it though. Especially when the LX showed up. Better yet Hannibal's only living victim makes mention of it! I can't wait till it comes out on DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MiracleMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2001, 02:28 AM   #2
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

I was just coming on here to post the same thing myself!! You beat me to it.

I don't remember that line.

The line was...

"Mustang?"
"Yes"
"Mmmm.. Five liter?"
"Yes"
"Mmmm... Fassst..."

I noticed it had some Nice 17" rims it looked like. I kept lookin at the emblems though and I couldnt help but thinknig it was a Cobra?

Anyone else?

Skyler

------------------
-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
TFS Heads, Edelbrock intake, E-303, 3.73's, 1 5/8 shortys, Offroad-H, 2chamber flows, 36psi FPR, 15degrees timing, 70mm tb, 73mm maf, 24lb inj, Crank pulley, MSD6A, Alum driveshaft, ripper shifter, and turndowns.
13.2@106mph

Daily Driver
STOCK-1994 Integra LS
15.48@91mph

Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2001, 03:47 AM   #3
jonnyk
Being stroked is great

I'm pretty sure (99.9%) that those are aftermarket 17's. It was an LX too, no Cobra ground effects. The paint on it wasn't very good They coulda fixed that up a bit.

------------------
1991 LX Hatch 5.0L
jonnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2001, 08:12 AM   #4
matt cook
Registered Member

yeah - I posted this when the book came out about 2 years ago (7/99). It was supposed to be a supercharged Saleen (per the book) that wasn't all that on the outside, but ran great. A few great descriptions are in the book. The movie actually did the book justice till right at the end, the bad part was that the book just wasn't as good as 'silence..' - so how can the movie be?

I still liked it though.

------------------
1982 Mustang GT

[This message has been edited by matt cook (edited 02-15-2001).]
matt cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2001, 10:38 AM   #5
Godslayer
Registered Member

Yeah that was a sweet LX. It needed some paint but it was sweeeeet. Everytime they showed her driving I was just put to sleep by the sweet melody of that 302

------------------
87 GT
Full exhaust, K&N, KB Subs, BBK STB, homeade dumps...

87 Taurus
New York
Winters Bite!

Godslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2001, 05:53 PM   #6
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Jeeze, they skimped on the car... tsk tsk. I would have loved a blown Saleen.

Who would ahve a Saleen and not keep it nice though.

Skyler

------------------
-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
TFS Heads, Edelbrock intake, E-303, 3.73's, 1 5/8 shortys, Offroad-H, 2chamber flows, 36psi FPR, 15degrees timing, 70mm tb, 73mm maf, 24lb inj, Crank pulley, MSD6A, Alum driveshaft, ripper shifter, and turndowns.
13.2@106mph

Daily Driver
STOCK-1994 Integra LS
15.48@91mph

Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2001, 07:42 PM   #7
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Thumbs up

I saw 'Hannibal' and enjoyed it.

The contrast between Dr. Lecter's intellect and appreciation for the finer things in life (art, music) and his ability to casually kill (and eat) people without a moments hesitation is a great plot device, as well as his odd obsession with the woman who represents moral purity that Hannibal both hates and admires, Special Agent Starling ("Hello Clarice").

Whe I saw the Mustang 5.0 she drove, I had a BIG grin, especially when I heard the unmistakable sound of the exhaust as she pulled away (for a second I was afraid she would have a four-cylinder).
When the disfigured billionaire mentioned that he thought he heard a Mustang 5.0 and commented on it, I knew I was going to like this movie!
The cool part was that the movie had nothing whatsoever to do with cars or even a real car chase, so the inclusion of the Mustang as a 'featured player' was just a nice bonus.
They could have just ignored the car thing and given her a Neon or some other boring grocery-getter, but they at least stayed with the original book and kept her in a 'Stang.

Good movie; Anthony Hopkins is great and though it gets a bit over-the-top in the end, I enjoyed it.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2001, 10:08 PM   #8
MiracleMax
Registered Member

That line was just a pun, err whatever you would call it. Naw they never said it, but they should'a!

Yeah, Doc Hannibal's dichotomous nature was riveting, but I liked how the rascal thought. One or two steps ahead, always looking, always calculating. The fact that he could read people so easily was kewl too. The only thing I didn't care for. He apparantly got maimed in the end. If I were him, I'd just chopped off Agent Starling's hand. Evidently the good doctor has never spent to much time in the company of women (or else he would have never given it a second though )
MiracleMax is offline   Reply With Quote