MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-13-2001, 07:57 PM   #1
teal93LX
Registered Member

Thumbs up JL1314 ......a class guy

Well you all may or may not remember my post about finding that damn pcv valve. many of you tried to help my semi-blind mehcanically retarded a$$ find it with a description of where it was. and i thank you all for that.
But joe went he extra mile. he posted and said "if you need help let me know, i'm in jupiter" (about 30 miles north of me)..
So i figure, well thats just someone saying it for the sake of saying it..
well to my surprise i emailed him, asked him to drop bye..he said no problem..
So we made arrangements, he gave directions, and i head over..Got over there guy welcomes me like i'm his long lost brother, offers me a beer (he he i only drink soda on school nights, so he gave me a coke instead)
and helped me find the valve..and basically changed it for me.
Now i ask you, how f*cking cool is that. It's rare these days to find someone that will go out of there way to help a stranger with something. thats the cool part about this board, the commaraderie(sp?) that everyone seems to have.
it's funny too, since i am very new to the mustang world and very non-mechanically inclined, he showed me some things that i had no idea about (he he, joe!!)
So we changed the PCV Valve and shot the sh!t about stangs and etc etc and i was off..

All i gotta say is i think thats pretty damn cool..Cheers to you Joe!!!

And i think i'll be making that trip to the strip with you in the near future so i can get some base numbers...he he

------------------
stock aod (only mod is the .38 with hollows on the passenger seat for the jackers) waiting for relatives to die for money for mods...
teal93LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2001, 11:15 PM   #2
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Definately going the extra mile for a fellow stanger.

That's class act material, JL!
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2001, 12:36 AM   #3
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Thumbs up

LOL... Hey man... I just wish ya didn't have to drive all that far!! That's a PITA drive at rush hour time! But you're a cool guy too, and it was nice to meet ya! Yep, definitely we'll have to see what that nice Stang of yours can run! What a clean engine, your car is sweet! But yeah, man, you got the e-mail... write if ya ever wanna run to Moroso, I'll see if I can get a night off! Later!
Joe
joe4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2001, 04:39 AM   #4
Mach 1
Registered Member

Hey, we all know Ford guys are cool. You dont see the same helpfulness in the chevy camp has been my experience. Anyway, dont be in to much of a hurry to get to the strip with a stock AOD car....lol..and good luck.

------------------
1993 GT/AOD
'93 Mustang GT
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2001, 09:53 AM   #5
Stefan
Registered Member

Thumbs up

It's already been said but I just had to chime in and say that's kickass. It makes me feel good to be a part of this board especially when you hear of instances like this. I'm confident that all the members here would do the same if we all weren't so far apart. Hats off guys.

------------------
66 Tahoe Turquoise Coupe
Laser Red 96GT Ragtop
Both are slow but easy on the eyes!
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2001, 10:55 AM   #6
StangFlyer
Founder

Arrow

This is a great story!

This is one of the biggest reasons I love being a Mustanger, and also a big reason I started MustangWorks.com in the first place in 1995. I wanted to help out all my fellow Mustanger's by making a common place on the Web for us. A place where we could all meet up, hang out, share information, and help one another. And, above all, make new friends who shared the same interest; Fords and Mustangs.

I know over the years of operating MustangWorks.com I've met some great people just like this, and its great when I can help out my fellow Stang owners like JL did when its possible. JL1314 is just another shinning example of why our favorite car, and community here, is so great.

Bravo JL!

------------------
Dan McClain, Editor
The Mustang Works Magazine
1991 Mustang GT - NOVI Supercharged 377 Stroker
1999 Ford Lightning SVT - 2000 Prototype updated by Roush
StangFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2001, 07:25 PM   #7
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Ditto to Dan's comments.

I joined Mustang Works because I observed the quality of the both the owner and the 'community' this site attracts and serves.
I want to thank both teal93LX for posting the account of his positive experience with a MW member, as well as JL1314 (Joe) who showed himself to be the kind of Mustanger we can all appreciate.

Another example of the kind of quality folks that hang out at Mustang Works and have done much to make it the great site it is.
I'm proud to be a part of it.

Jim

------------------
Mr. 5.0
Messageboard Administrator

[This message has been edited by Mr 5 0 (edited 02-15-2001).]
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2001, 08:13 PM   #8
Thad
Registered Member

Thumbs up

I've known Joe for quit some time now and that's just the way he is, very cool. he will go out of his way to help you out if it's within his power too. definately cheers to Joe!

------------------
90 LX 5.0 Not timed in 1/4 mile yet. 135mph max speed, so far.
Thad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2001, 11:25 AM   #9
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

I've met quite a few guys from MustangWorks and have to say they have all been really cool. I have a very similar story as well.

I was new to Stangs and had no idea about anything. stangsrule (Mark) offered to help me remove my air silencer, adjust the timing, and show me where the TPS was and how to set it. Not to mention show me his Kenne Bell blown GT which is really nice.

It was a 60 mile trip to Lafayette Indiana, but my brother lives there so it was a pretty common trip for me, and very worthwhile to meet this guy. He has become a good friend and helps me out whenever I'm in a bind.

Mark also introduced me to his buddy Craig that day who has a car with a level 5 Kenny Brown setup and an ATI Procharger. The guy took me for a hell ride in it that I'll never forget. What a great day.
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2001, 12:27 PM   #10
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Since we are on the topic of MW members going above and beyond, I have to mention fastang. He sent me his old chip from California all the way to Edmonton. He sent it with no real expectation of compensation! Needless to say, as soon as I can think of something worthy of such an act I will do my best to repay fastang.

Awesome site Dan. Maybe one day you'll get knighted or something (we just have to convince the brits to drive a mustang)

------------------
White 1995 Mustang GT
Dynomax Cat-Back, Offroad H-pipe, K&N Filters w/o Air Silencer
My 1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2001, 12:43 PM   #11
EZRIDN
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Hey JL, and Teal93

i am moving to West Palm Beach this summer, so hopefully when can get together and chill. i was thinking of going down there in a few weeks to look for places, but that might not happen. anyways thought i would let you guys know!

------------------
'86 GT.
Gears & Flows
EZRIDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2001, 01:42 PM   #12
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

OK, now I'm blushin guys!!! lol I know you all would do the same for me, I'm no certified mechanic, there are things I won't do on my car, but what I do know, I am very happy to share with other people! I know when I was growing up, a buddy worked in a shell station with a garage attached to it... all of us used to bring our old beaters (I had a '79 Cutlass Supreme) and he would help us fix them for free, as long as we would remember what he did at the end. He was a cool guy.. His name was Kevin Sullivan, who had a Chevy Monza with a 350 with Nitrous in it! But anyways, I'm sure most of us would be happy to help other people here! But thanks guys!! I'm gonna have to print this and give it to my mom!

EZRIDN I didn't think you were still movin down here, I haven't heard you say anything about it for a while!! Definitely give a shout when you come down!

[This message has been edited by JL1314 (edited 02-16-2001).]
joe4speed is offline   Reply With Quote