MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-10-2002, 02:19 PM   #1
member02
Registered Member

Default How do i convince my parents to let me get a stang?

right now i've got an excellent shape 95 explorer xlt.

I could sell it for 8 G and get a mustang say... 96 for 5-6 G, and use the extra to hook it up a tad....

But I got one huge problem... my dad says that my explorer is perfectly fine... well, it is kinda, but according to my uncle, who is also my mechanic, he says that within a year or two i'll be getting a 1200 fix on the engine due to a recent stalling problem...

how do i convince him that this suv is soon going down and that I should get a newer car ... a mustang... in replacement of it?

thansk for input!
member02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 02:50 PM   #2
90LxDroptop
Registered Member

Have him talk to your mechanic...when he finds out that he's gonna have to fork over $1200 (if you don't pay for it) he'll start thinking of a different car...96 stang...why not a 94-95?...good luck with that.
Old 05-10-2002, 02:58 PM   #3
Mach 1
Registered Member

$1200 fix due to a recent stalling problem? Get a new mechanic.
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 03:09 PM   #4
member02
Registered Member

Default lol

lol, the mechanic is my uncle, and I only said that because it was short, would you rather me tell you 3 page report on what is going to eventually go wrong in a year or two?

good. the stalling problem referred to the fact that it wasn't starting normal, and I keep my X in great shape, and I couldn't figure out what was wrong, every morning it would start, and when it started it would shake violently, almost as if a spark plug or two were un plugged, but evidently its a problem with the fuel injector.

Also, there happens to be some sort of radiator leak which couldn't be fixed by additives, we tried. that more dopugh to cough up.

lol, Since my dad said he didn't want me working during school.... he's payin! hahahaha!!!

Besides, i think it is smarter to sell it while it's still worth a gopod amount, give it a year and it'll only be sell-able at 5-6G

thanks for the input.
member02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 09:28 PM   #5
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Get a job, get a loan, get a stang. Simple as that.

I assume you are a starting driver? Be careful, a GT is a lot more powerful that the explorer. They have a tendency to fish tail, watch it your they'll be scraping you off the median.

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote