MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-11-2002, 02:03 AM   #1
SteveGT
Registered Member

Default Bought the Sonic Blue 03 Cobra for $34.2K

Well guys, I did it. I bought that Sonic Blue 03 Cobra coupe on Monday for $34,200. Left the lot at 4 p.m Monday. Fell asleep at 9 a.m. Tuesday. Broke it in as of tonight (500 miles), did my best to keep it below 4000 rpm during that period.

I could type a long detailed report about this car. We've all read about the 03's in the magazines, so I'll just say this:

The car is a fighter jet. The overall performance of this vehicle is well worth the five months of 12-16 hour days it took to save up for the downpayment. The IRS has eliminated the whippy rear end. The steering and suspension leaves little to be desired. And when you begin to think the car is tame, downshift, then stomp. The beast leaps several thousand RPM's, rips off it's shirt, throws you in the seat and goes ssssskreeeeee!!! IMO, the scariest feature of all in the 03 Cobra, on the highway sixth gear is very usuable.

If you can get the will to hold on to your mod money for a period of time, DO IT. Start now. Forget the headswap, put the cash in the bank. Vortech for your GT? Save it, buy a 4V with a blower, a boost gauge and a warranty. Hold the cheese on a whopper. Whatever it takes, start now.

I don't have a digital camera, but I'll try to get one or buy one so I can post pics for you guys. Also, I can give out contact information regarding the dealership who gave me this excellent deal.

What a car.

I hope some way or another, everyone in the Modular forum will get a chance to at least ride in one of these new Cobras. I live in STL, PM me if you are interested.

Alright, gotta go change my sig...

2003 Sonic Blue Cobra Coupe
K&N Air Filter w/ sliencer removed
10" MTX sub with Kenwood amp & Mach 460

On the way:
4 lb. blower pulley & belt
Bassani X-pipe, Undecided on Muffs
SteveGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 05:49 AM   #2
surfbeast
Registered Member

AWSOME DUDE! I second the opinion! I took a ride with a guy and it brought back momories of the old days when cars came with 350HP. Only difference was this car was so solid,quiet,smooth, and it Scared the hell out of me. Look for alot of these cars to make it to the junk yard early,they will get away from alot of inwxperienced drivers.

You did the right thing! P.S. what did you get for your 98? did you trade in or sell outright?
Old 09-11-2002, 07:08 AM   #3
apenn

Default Refuse to Drive One

I refuse to drive one! I was at the dealership last week and they had two, a silver and black one. My '00 GT is paid off in three months and I'm a cheap SOB so I don't want payments again (plus it's my wife's turn for a new car next year). The sales guy was dangling the keys in front of me saying lets JUST go for a ride. Riiiight, he knew and I knew if I drove that thing I'd be driving it home! Anyways, CONGRATS on the great purchase!
Old 09-11-2002, 12:01 PM   #4
SnakeDriver97
Registered Member

Nice...congrats on the purchase...I know you'll enjoy every minute of it....
Old 09-11-2002, 12:26 PM   #5
Shelby428cj
Registered Member

Talking

SWEET SWEET congrats get us some pics to drool over soon!!!!

See Ya,
Karen
1969 Mustang (Project Rice Eater)
1999 Silver Mustang Saleen S281 (SQ car for stereo contests)
SQ Goddess
My Stereo Bro "tireburner163"
Shelby428cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 11:16 AM   #6
46stang
Registered Member

I'm glad you bought it! And you got the best color,imho the 3 best mods you can do to it imho is a chip, 4lb pulley, and a catback!! again my oppinion! oh and a K&N of courseEnjoy your new toy
Leon
P.S. Check out this wesite, there is alot of 03 guys here! there is a specific 03 cobra forum! Lots of good info!

www.svtperformance.com

11.49@122mph bakerfield raceway!
11.67@120mph fontana

98 GT, stock for now.
46stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 08:37 PM   #7
The Deuce
Registered Member

Congrats on the purchase. Sounds like a whole lot of fun. Makes me regret getting a cheeseburger for lunch. Did I really need cheese?

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 04:35 AM   #8
MustangKelly96
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Hey, I live in IN, is that close enough for a ride!!??

Congrats on the sweet ride
MustangKelly96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 10:13 AM   #9
jj_jonathon
Trisket

$34,200?!?! how!?

my older brother went to test drive one in Orlando (thats where he is for school) and they wouldnt let him..."Sorry sir, this is the S-V-T Cobra, we only let the owner drive it. We keep the SVT GT's over there". ughh....lol...ford people are so dumb sometimes its funny....but i guess they thought it was too much car for him (they must not have seen him drive up in the chevy equivalent, the 02 SS)...but they want 10k on top of what you paid!....maybe he was looking at a vert, but I haven't seen one of those yet... ?

btw, BIG congrats man, to have that kind of power with a warrenty is an incredible experience....i wish i could experience it first hand..hehe....id take you up on the offer but i think a drive from Florida to st louis is a bit extreme when im only sitting shotgun ....

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 07:12 PM   #10
SMOKE
Old School ROUSH

Cool

Outstanding!!! Congrats on the purchase.

I've been saving my pennies and eating a lot of plain hamburgers.
Maybe I'll be able to say the same.

Again, congrats on owning the best Mustang FORD put together in quite a while.
SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote