MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-03-2002, 05:36 AM   #1
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Default Stupid cops!

Two days ago I was pulled over on base. I wasen't speeding, didn't break traction, didn't do anything wrong. So anyhow, he comes up to the window, asks for the Usual stuff. Then he says, "Do u know what u did wrong?"

"I have no idea." Which I didn't.

then he goes on how I was do exibition of speed. I told him that it's an automatic and I have no control over its shifting, I had it in drive. What my car did was stayed in first till about 25mph, then shifted like normal, the car was still cold.

He goes away, does his usual cop stuff. Then comes back, gives me a ticket and tells me that it for my ''modified exaust" that is too loud, and that he could see my black lights from the front of my car. Which is a lie because he was never in front of it, plus I have it hidden from the front, viewable only from the extreme low rear part of the rear window, and from the inside.

So I give the ticket to the First shirt yesterday and talked to him about it. HE said don't worry about it, it's a BS ticket. I then asked about there being any kind of guidelines for exaust on a '66 mustang. He said there wasen't any sort of thing. All I have to have is mufflers. Which I have CHerry bombs under it.

As I was leaving, I over heard him talking to the commander about his exaust on his '88 corvette. He has a highly modded corvette, preatty much everything u can do to it, he did.

Anywho, this is what he said, and I quote, "I'd like to see them pull me over in my car. I just put a new exaust system on it."

Hehe, good to have a fellow muscle head in the high ranking area.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 07:28 AM   #2
Cataract2
Registered Member

nice. gotta love when you have a fellow brethren to help you out in bs times like that.
Cataract2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 07:56 AM   #3
PKRWUD

Default Re: Stupid cops!

Quote:
Originally posted by mustangman65_79
I then asked about there being any kind of guidelines for exaust on a '66 mustang. He said there wasen't any sort of thing. All I have to have is mufflers. Which I have CHerry bombs under it.
There may not be any restrictions on the base, but in this state, the minute you drive off of it, your exhaust can not exceed 82 decibles while under 35 mph, or 90 decibles above 35 mph. Period.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 09:55 AM   #4
blwn93
Registered Member

Thumbs down cops

I had some dumb cop pull me over for my exhaust being to loud. "Your exhaust its illegal", to which i said, "no it isn't". "My exhaust has cats, and has passed for emisions, be my guest and crawl under the car and take a look". He didn't like my answer, and said "well i heard you coming up the street, what do you have, glasspaks"? I then said to him, "what are glasspaks?" "Isn't that some kind of modifcation for exhaust that they used in the last 60's and 70's"? He just stared at me, took my information, and went back to his car. When he came back, he told me that he was just giving me a warning, and that if he ever caught me speeding or racing in his town that he would give me a ticket. Yes officer, thankyou very much. And fix that exhaust, it is to loud, again, yes officer, thankyou very much.

I think that some guys are just jealous, especially cops and just can't handle the fact that i'm driving my sweet highly modified car around town, that is legally registered and insured, and doing the speed limit. Therefore they look for reasons to pull me over, just to bust my chops.

It's just like penis envy, f'ing rediculous.

I guess thats the price you pay to have a nice car.

Mike
Old 05-03-2002, 03:02 PM   #5
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

That is craziness. Stupid cops, my car is pretty loud aswell, I havn't started driving it but I do wonder what will happen if I'm drive beside a cop and my car is just roaring and I'm driving totally normal. Ohh... well they are legal so I guess I have nothing to worry about.

Sorry to be stupid but can someone explain me what exactly "glasspaks" are. I've heard of them and I kinda know what they do just not exactly all the details.

Take Care,
§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 09:52 PM   #6
Mstngscoob
Registered Member

me and my girlfriend were out about a week ago and we were sittin at the stop light. the lighted turned so i just drove off normally. i usually dont get on it to hard b-cause my exhaust is not legal(no cats) anyways as turn the corner i see this cop starin at me. now im an @$$hole who has got to start trouble when cops stare. so i went bye him in first gear at about 30-35 loud as hell. so in my rearview i see him turn around. now i could have easily made a run for it and blistered his *** but i wanted to hear his reason for pullin me. his answer blew me away.

COP: do you know why i pulled you over
ME: no sir
COP: your window tint is too dark
ME: uhh ok

anyways he checks my tint ( my girl was laughin her *** off at him) but sure enough its too dark so he writes me a ticket and im on my way home. little does he know that i knoe like a thousand cops and it turns out this guy is an acceptional prick. but one of the cops helped me get the first layer of tint off. yeH I HAD two layers. and then proceeds to tell me to take him to court and make him look like an *** which i did. they said his tint meter was malfunctioning!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2001 suzuki gsxr-600 yoshi pipe, tint screen, helmet, flsh mnts. 4-sale
Mstngscoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 01:59 PM   #7
elliotness
Registered Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by Mstngscoob
anyways he checks my tint ( my girl was laughin her *** off at him) but sure enough its too dark so he writes me a ticket and im on my way home. little does he know that i knoe like a thousand cops and it turns out this guy is an acceptional prick. but one of the cops helped me get the first layer of tint off. yeH I HAD two layers. and then proceeds to tell me to take him to court and make him look like an *** which i did. they said his tint meter was malfunctioning!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So you were wrong and you lied to get out of a ticket. You also mislead a judge/court into believing that the officer gave you an improper citation. The guy may be an @$$ but, he was right. I can't say that I agree with the tactics. If the guy gave you a ticket and he was wrong then by all means, get the ticket quashed. However, to lie, cheat and otherwise besmirch the officers reputation was, in my opinion, wrong.

What you have done is convince whomever was in that courtroom that officers are not to be trusted. After all, the officer you "made look like an ***" was a lier right?

Sorry, this time you get the thumbs down.
elliotness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 02:05 PM   #8
elliotness
Registered Member

blwn93

Sorry, your post really pissed me off. First the whole "stupid cops" thing irks me. You make it seem as officers are the enemy. When someone steals your precious 93 who you gonna call, "Stupid cops."
Old 05-05-2002, 02:38 PM   #9
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by elliotness
blwn93

Sorry, your post really pissed me off. First the whole "stupid cops" thing irks me. You make it seem as officers are the enemy. When someone steals your precious 93 who you gonna call, "Stupid cops."
Yep, and who's not gonna give a rats ***? The cops. Who are you gonna call when your car gets vandalized? The cops. Guess who doesn't care. The cops. Who are you going to call when you don't get your part you ordered 3 months ago, and paid in advance $2000? Excessive Motorsports. Guess who doesn't care? Excessive Motorsports, lol. People who whine about the cops helping you (sometimes) when you need them to need to get it out of their head that the cop is doing you a favor. He's doing his job. I don't need a "golly gee wiz you're great, Kell" every time I do my job. Why does a cop feel that he deserves it?

Sorry, but the misguided belief that everything is hunky dorey and all ends up as it should when dealing with the cops is kindergarden thinking. You have to do whatever you can to get out of any ticket you get. You're right, blwn93 made people believe officers are not to be trusted. I have breaking news for you, in many cases, they aren't. You need to fight every ticket you get. Make it a waste of the state's time to give out tickets. That is the only way to make sure viable tickets are being handed out, and the BS ones don't. If an officer knows he's gonna get his *** chewed for giving a ticket out when he shouldn't have, he'll stick to giving out tickets when people really deserve them.

To throw a little fuel on the fire, as a general rule, police officers aren't the cream of the crop. A man was recently denied a job as a police officer because he was "too smart." That's right, he tested too high on their evaluation. The man took it to court under an anti-discrimination suit and lost. The final ruling basically said nobody that smart would stay a cop for long.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 02:50 PM   #10
Mustanguy

Thumbs down we have BIGGER PROBLEMS in the world to deal with

You know what,there are bigger problems in this world to worry about then someone having "too loud of exhaust" "too dark of window tint"
Old 05-06-2002, 11:32 PM   #11
digital3.3

i know there are alot of lame cops out there, but there are a few good cops. i know a couple personally and there have been tell me and other fellow car owners loop holes (there are alot of loop holes too) to the many laws of our province. also finally some got off there butts and book time at the local drag strips and let anyone rip it up down the strip and they help out setting it up and start each race. and they are pushing for more of these drag strips so that people, mostly the younger ones can get the experience needed to actually control there cars. its fun cause you don't have to worry about other people or getting nailed by another car. but as for pulling someone over for being a little loud, get real i run a pipe right from the manifold to the muffler to the tip and i haven't been pulled over yet. those cops got to find something better to do. man so many ricers have louder cars than me (louder, not better sounding either). but do you guys know of any good way to lift the back end a bit (its to get a more hot rod look, lowered is just too common a look) and still keep it kinda stiff? but hey thats just me. talk to ya all later.
Old 05-06-2002, 11:48 PM   #12
Jeb_Bush_2000
Registered Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Why does a cop feel that he deserves it?

Because every time they put on that badge...every time they pull someone over for any reason...any time they respond to any kind of call...there is a chance they will die.

If that's true of your job, Kell, then you deserve a pat on the back. Otherwise, don't trivialize the courage it takes to "protect and serve".
Jeb_Bush_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 08:54 AM   #13
elliotness
Registered Member

I never said everything was hunky dorey.

What I did say, and he admitted it, was that he lied to the court to a judge and to whomever made the final decision on his ticket. I have a problem with that. How much was the ticket going to cost $100. Big whoop. Grow up, and take responsibility for your actions.

I think the deceptive tactics ( THE LIE) sets a bad example. It's your right to fight every ticket; it is not your right to lie, decieve, or mislead the courts. That is my issue. Not that he fought the ticket. It's the method (LIE) he used to fight the ticket. There was no mistake with this ticket. He was wrong and he was written for it. He admitted to taking off the tint prior to court (decieving triers of fact) so that he could avoid the ticket and make the officer look studid.

We can't choose the laws to which we are going to abide. It's a law, he broke it. Pay the fine, remove the tint, and take responsibility for your actions.
Old 05-07-2002, 09:07 AM   #14
elliotness
Registered Member

Default Re: we have BIGGER PROBLEMS in the world to deal with

Quote:
Originally posted by Mustanguy
You know what,there are bigger problems in this world to worry about then someone having "too loud of exhaust" "too dark of window tint"
I'll say it again.... We can choose either to abide by certain laws or to disregard them. There are reasons for the laws. Many an officer has been killed because of his inability to determine threats inside a vehicle with a tint that is "too dark." Hence the law against limo tint on cars. The exhaust issue, I believe, relates to publc nuisance problems.

All I'm saying is if you are doing 90 in a 55 and an officer writes you. Pay the fine, contest the ticket but don't lie about it. THAT'S JUST SORRY!
Old 05-07-2002, 09:27 AM   #15
elliotness
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Unit 5302

People who whine about the cops helping you (sometimes) when you need them to need to get it out of their head that the cop is doing you a favor. He's doing his job. I don't need a "golly gee wiz you're great, Kell" every time I do my job. Why does a cop feel that he deserves it?

You're right, blwn93 made people believe officers are not to be trusted. I have breaking news for you, in many cases, they aren't. You need to fight every ticket you get. Make it a waste of the state's time to give out tickets. That is the only way to make sure viable tickets are being handed out, and the BS ones don't.

To throw a little fuel on the fire, as a general rule, police officers aren't the cream of the crop. A man was recently denied a job as a police officer because he was "too smart." That's right, he tested too high on their evaluation. The man took it to court under an anti-discrimination suit and lost. The final ruling basically said nobody that smart would stay a cop for long.
You are right the officer is not doing you a favor he is doing his job. I didn't say that you should give him a pat on his back. I say let the guy do his job. In general, I don't believe officers feel that they should get a pat on their back for doing their job. However, they shouldn't have people spitting in their face either (ie. lying and misleading judges).

What are you talking about? Officers are not to be trusted. Where did he, blwn93, validate that statement. He, blwn93, admitted to breaking the law, tampering with evidence and basically lying to a judge. How do you equate that to, "police officers aren't to be trusted." That is nonsense.

A man was recently denied........ blah blah blah... There once was a man from Nantuckett.

Let's just say that your last statement sounds like a self serving fairy tale. Thanks, I needed a good bedtime story.

Elliot
Old 05-07-2002, 11:18 AM   #16
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

A little bit of a flame war going on here hu?

Fist of all, the title "Stupid Cops" refers to the officers who pulled me over. Now, as a an officer,elliotness, u can't tell me every cop is perfect. U and everyone else knows that there are the few that have nothing more to do then bug ppl. It is these few that give all cops a bad name. My car is loud, yes, but he gave me a ticketfor a "modified exaust". Well no SH**, it's a '66, u think it's going to have the stock exaust??? Hell no!
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 01:23 PM   #17
elliotness
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mustangman65_79
A little bit of a flame war going on here hu?

Fist of all, the title "Stupid Cops" refers to the officers who pulled me over. Now, as a an officer,elliotness, u can't tell me every cop is perfect. U and everyone else knows that there are the few that have nothing more to do then bug ppl. It is these few that give all cops a bad name. My car is loud, yes, but he gave me a ticketfor a "modified exaust". Well no SH**, it's a '66, u think it's going to have the stock exaust??? Hell no!
Not trying to flame, just stating an opinion.

I think your citation was BS. The officer should have thought a little bit before writing that citation. I think if you had taken that to court; a judge would have dismissed the citation.

I think blwn93's citation was BS also. It was trivial and the guy (officer) was probably just looking for something to write him.
I just did not agree with his tactics for having it dismissed. For clarification, I am not a police officer, nor have I ever been one. I have never written a citation.

I don't believe officers are perfect. Some are @$$holes. However, most are hardworking professionals. The @$$holes are the exception.
Old 05-07-2002, 04:36 PM   #18
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Exclamation News Story

NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) --

September 8, 1999

The New London Police Department's rejection of Robert Jordan because he scored too high on an intelligence test did not violate his rights, according to a United States District Court Judge.

The city's rationale for the long-standing practice is that candidates who score too high could soon get bored with police work and quit after undergoing costly academy training.

The judge said there is no evidence that a high score is in any way related to job satisfaction, performance or turnover. But he said: "The question is not whether a rational basis has been shown for the policy chosen by defendants. Plaintiff may have been disqualified unwisely, but he was not denied equal protection.''

In 1996, Robert Jordan scored a 33, the equivalent of an IQ of 125. Nationally the average score for police officers, as well as office workers, bank tellers and salespeople, is 21 to 22, the equivalent of an IQ of 104.

Police in New London, population 27,000, interviewed only those candidates who scored 20 to 27.

City manager Richard Brown said the hiring process will remain the same. "There has been nothing to come across my desk that would cause me to make a change,'' he said.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 07:20 PM   #19
elliotness
Registered Member

Doesn't sound like a very good process for screening applicants.

Elliot
Old 05-07-2002, 09:08 PM   #20
PKRWUD

Sometime during the summer of 1984, along Pacific Coast Highway, near Point Mugu Rock, early morning hours:

After being pulled over by a CHP:

Officer: Good morning. May I please see your license and registration?

Me: Sure Officer. Would you hold my beer for a minute?

That led to my second drunk driving arrest. In those days, I received enough tickets to wallpaper a small bathroom. I deserved most of them, but I didn't think so then. I haven't received a traffic ticket for 5 or 6 years now. The difference? I grew up. At least a little bit.

While I know there were at least one or two cops that intentionally had it out for me, there were dozens more who probably saved my life.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote