MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-10-2002, 03:11 PM   #1
yellowGTcnvt
Registered Member

Angry motor blown need help

Does anyone know where i can get a rebuilt 302 semi cheap.

I lent my car to my fiances friend while we rode his motorcycle and while he had it he dogged it out pretty hard and blew it up and locked it down. Hes refusing to pay for it. That car is my baby and i havent been able to drive it since Dec 7 2001.

Im gonna try to see how things will turn up by taking him to small claims court. Any one have any advice.

Yes I learned my lesson on not letting anyone drive my stang.
yellowGTcnvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 03:19 PM   #2
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

yes borrow his bike again & blow it up, or sell it to some rock star, what an azz, yes take him to court ,but you better have witnesses, i would beat his a** for 3 day's in a row

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 03:30 PM   #3
yellowGTcnvt
Registered Member

I have a witness, my fiance.
See he went to the Yamaha shop here in town and when he left he got about 100 ft and said the motor made a funny noise like some thing fell off and it quit. He then claimed he was driving it less then normal and especially not dogging it but yet he managed to roll the car over a 1/4 of a mile to the nearest grocery store and parked it back facing the street he come off of. He dogged the h*** out of it. My mother has a LX mustang that i took and got to the same point where he said the motor quit on him and was doing about 60 ( i was passing by not leaving the Yamaha shop) and put it in neutral and let it roll to seee how far i could get just to see how fast he would have needed to have been driving. He dogged it to get about 100 ft doing about 60mph and rolled as far as he did.
He offered to give me an old motor to put in it that wasnt even a 5.0 I laughed at him.
Oh ya he wont let me borrow his bike no more. He knows better
He thinks that since im a girl i dont know what im talkin about when it comes to mustangs but i promise i know more then most the guys i hang with. So he can loose that one.
yellowGTcnvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 07:32 PM   #4
Cataract2
Registered Member

man. sorry to hear about that. have you checked out www.jasperengines.com ?

i hear they have good ones on there. even 302.
Cataract2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 05:53 AM   #5
Old Guy with 87 GT
Registered Member

man that sucks ,why i never let anyone drive anything i own

if your going to get a new or remanufactured engine ....i'd suggest summit or a ford racing distributer for a low cost short block .........if you want a stronger more racable short block -d.s.s , keith craft or world products.......if you just want to get her going again then check around the salvage yards for a used one or go to mustang parts specialty's (stangparts.com .....mustang salvage dealer in georga)........for about 400 to 500$ you should be able to pick up a used one with low miles ......the 302ho roller moter came in cougers and explorers so there not to hard to find .....where ever you go just make sure it's a roller cam ho moter ,the old 302s don't make near the power in stock form ......well good luck and keep us posted
87 Mustang GT T-top >hanlon t-5, pro 5.0, centerforce clutch ,adj. cable/quatrant ,3.27s ,full 2 1/2 ex(off road H) adj. reg. ,e-cam ,70mm TB, cobra intake ,1.7rr ,ported/milled e7ets w/crane springs ,306 balaced/decked short block w/speed pro forged flat top pistons ...257rwhp/302rwt
best et 13.7@102 (4/11 )

'80 Capri (future project,currently collecting parts for 351 moter)

Last edited by Old Guy with 87 GT; 04-11-2002 at 05:58 AM..
Old Guy with 87 GT is offline   Reply With Quote