MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-16-2001, 09:04 PM   #1
Ty'97Cobra
Registered Member

Angry SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT!!!!

Do any of you all get this where you live??

I was coming back from the beach, Interstate 40, after a long day of sitting on the beach, and some black, white, redneck, whatever, dumbazzzz sominum batchin fargin bastage icehole is doing 68 in a 70 mph zone IN THE LEFT LANE.
Now where I live, the left lane is for the people who want to travel faster than traffic flow....??? AmI wrong??? ANYONE...ANYONE?????
No, they can't move over, they have to poke along in the left lane. It is unbelieveable. nothing matters to these people...
Flashing the lights, hitting the horn, whatever...It won't phase them.
If you want to do 100 mph in the left lane in a Vette, Lotus, 60's VW Bus, or Yugo, I'll move over.. no problems...I don't have a problem with that.

Ok. I know most of those reading this forum are not the cause of this problem. But, please pass this along....

If you are bright enough to get a drivers license, then you are bright enought to move your fargin ice over into the right lane!!!!!
Here. I'll spell it out for the morons who still don't get it.

S.L.O.W.E.R. T.R.A.F.F.I.C. K.E.E.P R.I.G.H.T.

I know this can be confusing for some, but all of you who can read this, please pass this important information along to the sominum batches who have IQ's less than 12!!!

Thank you for your support.

------------------
1997 Black Cobra Convertible. #2788 of 3088
Mostly Stock - Vortech Anyone?
1988 5.0 LX Convertible -Work Car...Few Mods.
Ty'97Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2001, 11:49 PM   #2
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

People who do that should be forced to drive pintos. D&%M but they would probably drive them in the left lane

------------------
1990 Dodge Dynasty with 275,000 miles. Mods:chiped paint, CD player. Sucks but it was free. Praying for a stang.
The "Guetto Glider"

If it ain't broke, you ain't tryin hard enough
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 03:26 AM   #3
84stangLX

Drivers in washington are all retarded. you get 400 suburbans and expeditions clogging the left lane all the time. It's usually FASTER in the right lane, especially on the freeway. I go to eastern washington over the mountains and people PULL OVER if they're slowing down traffic, people know how to drive over the mountains.
Also, here in seattle in rains most of the year, but get this:
When it hasn't rained in a while people forget how to drive in the rain (not that they know how to in the first place) and you hear about 50 pileups the first day it rains again and then it slowly dies down as people remember not to tailgate and speed during hail storms.......urgh....i hate stupid seattle drivers.
I actually have a rule to myself that i don't drive on the freeways unless i have to because of how many irresponsible drivers are out there.

------------------
'84 Mustang 5.0 LX
My car
Old 07-17-2001, 05:30 AM   #4
Old Guy with 87 GT
Registered Member

i just got done taking a roud trip from Pennsylvania to California.i would have to say that this problem is everywere.i probly ran into at least a hundred drivers who wouldn't move .....its frustrating.....there are times when i wish i had a loud p.a. system in my car....then i could yell at these idiots "would you find the gas or move over"....i think the worst states (and don't nobody take offense)for this are california and new jersey.....i think it's becouse these states have alot of multi lane highways....peaple just aren't used to having to move...having a mustang helps....you can get around them easyier....

------------------
old guy with 87 gt....well not so old guy
87gt,T top -155,000 on odometer-mods-2 1/2 ex,cold air(home made),adj.clutch 5.0 shifter,kyb shocks,and a stereo that can overcome the wind noise at 100 mph with the T tops off(he he)......also got/78,6banger,mustang/80 capri(future project)
Old Guy with 87 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 10:23 AM   #5
untamed351
Registered Member

I have driven all over the country and NJ is the WORST, everone has a cellphone and its rarity that they are not on it. Most of the posted limits on the highway are either 55 or 65. Evertime im on them thats the number i most likly not see on my speedometer. I get fustrated, very fustrated. Not to the point ill shoot them or anything, but thank FORD for loud a$$ horns. They should pass a law that if people are driving like crap you have the right to pull them over and give them a ticket or beat them depends on how stupid the are.
untamed351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 11:15 AM   #6
PGkelly
Registered Member

what you do is get a sticker that says "slower traffic keep right", and put it on the inside of your windshield so it's backwards when you look at it from the outside, but people will be able to read it in their rear view mirrors.

------------------
If it ain't broke, make it go faster

AOL: MCVillain45
PGkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 01:32 PM   #7
jimberg
Registered Member

Yeah, that's a common problem and it drives me nuts. We tried to pass a law here in Minnesota reserving the left lane for passing but it didn't make it. I didn't like the wording of the law so I supported its failure.

Here in Minnesota we have what is known as the Minnesota flying wedge. You can have 3 lanes going the same way and there will be 3 cars abreast of each other and all going the same speed. Miles of clear road ahead of them, of course.

I think the biggest cause of this is cruise control. People set their cruise and don't want to mess with it. They don't seem to understand that you can accelerate and not lose your setting. Or else, they're simply assh*les.

What I like to do is get in front of those people going slow in the left lane and then I start to slow down. Since the legal minimum speed limit is 40 I could potentially slow down to 40 and not get a ticket for disrupting traffic. Maybe that's what people should do as a form of protest. Pick a day and only drive the minimum speed limit. Let's see how those other idiots feel when someone else decides how fast they can drive for them.

------------------
351W 89 Mustang GT Convertible
jimberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 02:41 PM   #8
inferno
The Instigator

Quote:
Originally posted by old guy with 87 gt:
i think the worst states (and don't nobody take offense)for this are california and new jersey.....
None taken..I fully agree. A lot of people on California freeways drive like complete jack@sses. In Cali the law basically says go the legal speed limit or stay with the flow of traffic so technically, the people driving slow in the fast lane could get pulled over, but that rarely(if ever) happens. I know there have been plenty of times when I have been on the freeway though and the flow of traffic is 80ish...CHP can't pull everyone over

------------------
90 Honda CRX aka Project Mongoose
Estimated Completion: ON STANDBY

84 Toyota Supra:
Japanese 6mge installed within two weeks.....
High flow cat, two chamber flowmaster, custom 2.5" piping, msd 8.5mm wires. Will have boost before 2002.
Have HKS turbo manifold for it.....

inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 05:23 PM   #9
Old Guy with 87 GT
Registered Member

hay inferno....what are the speeding tickits like there

out of all the states i drove thruogh on my road trip ...it's kinda ironic that the only tickit i got was in L.A.....where everyone drives like a lunitic...

i got popped doing like 90 on the 405 freeway.....i wasn't going with the flow though....there was a good song on the radio and i kinda slipped into speedracer mode....i figuered i'd fit right in considering what i'd allready seen other locals doing....i grew up outside of Philadelphea, P.A....so i can be really aggresive on a freeway....pretty good at geting through traffic.....the cop was pretty pissed .....i was respectfull and didnt give him a crazy excuse so he cut me a break and said he was only giving me a speeding tickit....let me know what to expect

------------------
87gt,T top -155,000 on odometer-mods-2 1/2 ex,cold air(home made),adj.clutch 5.0 shifter,kyb shocks,and a stereo that can overcome the wind noise at 100 mph with the T tops off(he he)......also got/78,6banger,mustang/80 capri(future project)
Old 07-18-2001, 02:25 AM   #10
LincoConti87
Registered Member

Well I'll have to take both sides of the story...I used to like doin 80 in 70 on long trips but now usually just do 70 for gas mileage and legality and all that. I use my cruise control and don't like being forced to change speed cus its wasting gas. I can't stand it when people do 70 or under in left lane pacing someone and are holding up like 10 cars...thats rude...but when I go to pass a slower vehicle at 70 or 73 or even 75 and some jerk TAILGATES me like within 1 foot while I am in process of passing and starts flashing his BRIGHTS like he has some right to break the speed limit and how dare you do the speed limit in front of me...I can give three flying excretions from a cow's behind what he wants and he can just wait since he is the one breaking the law and gettin on my nerves. When they say follow flow of traffic that means if traffic is going slow its for a reason and if u speed you are much more likely to have an accident. However when you are on busy
in-town highways like I4 in Orlando or I95 in south florida you gotta flow with traffic so you don't cause a ruckus. When you are on rural highways everything changes.

I had someone get pissy with me other day when I was doing a few over the limit in left lane and I had 4 people in the car and could not see very well out back or side so it was just easier and safer to stay in that lane till traffic lightened up a bit...so someone in a Cherokee thinks lemme tailgate this guy and then pulls in front of me and slows down number...lucky I'm nice person with parents and family in car. Road rage ain't no joke
LincoConti87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 05:08 AM   #11
Old Guy with 87 GT
Registered Member

i agree that pulling up on sombody real close ,flashing lights and being a idiot is not the best way to get someone out of the way........usually if somone is doing a slower speed then i want to in the passing lane ....i'll pull up on them kinda close to kinda let them know i want to pass ....if they don,t move then i back off and wait....i don't like to tailgate (avoided many accidents by keeping my distance to car in front of me).if someone is persistant in staying in the lane then somtimes i'll move to the left so i can be seen in the mirrors to kinda remind them i'm back there....and if they still don't want to move then i look for the opprutunity to pass them on the right......as long as somone is actually passing someone then i tend not to get upset.....what i hate is when somone has no reason to stay in left lane ....and is just putting along and not giving a **** that you want to go around them

------------------
Old 07-18-2001, 10:50 AM   #12
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

Yes people, they're everywhere. Here in Indiana it's just as bad. Get on I70 and you'll see the full effect. People just don't care. If you're in the passing lane pass the d@mn car and get your @ss back over. If more people drove like this there would be fewer accidents on the interstates. I too like to keep a constant speed on the highways, but if I'm passing I'll speed up just to get back to the right lane and get out of everybodies way. What most of these morons are doing that pisses people off is they pass a car and look way ahead of them and see a couple more cars they want to pass too so they just stay in the passing lane not even noticing (or caring) that there are people behind them that are going to be able to get past them before they make it to the cars ahead (if that all makes sense).

Or, they wait until you get ready to pass them and then they decide to pass the car they have been following 3 car lengths away from for like 50 freakin miles and they make you brake. I may be called an aggressive driver, but these people make me want to run them off the road sometimes. Look behind you before getting in somebodies way. If the cars are gaining on you and will be on your @ss before you get around the car you want to pass... wait!

Good topic!!

------------------
Gunning for 12's!

Buy your parts here
ICQ# 42269241
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 03:52 PM   #13
red82gt
Sober voice of Reason

Here in BC it's pretty good until you get near Vancouver, there everyone thinks that they're the fastest and 3/4 of the cars are in the left lane all the time. I use the left to pass then go back to the right just so I'm not pinned between two cars at 70mph with someone 10 feet from my back end when there's noone in the right lane. And damn right, if the right lane is open and the left lane is clogged I'm gonna bomb right on by them.

I agree about the lights flashing and horn thing though, one time I was moving about 130kmh (80mph)in a 100 (60mph) zone and I had just finished passing a string of cars when my radar detector starts to pick up a Ka signal, I slow down to 100 (didn't slam on the brakes, just brought it down) and just before I can go to the right lane a Durango flashes his lights, hits the horn, and weaves arond me on the right at about 140km/h (85mph) Not a minute later I see the cherries light up and this dikweed get pulled over I had to laugh at him.

------------------
GT-40 heads (ported, polished, + milled), B303 cam, 1.7rr's, JE pistons, Offy intake, Carter AFB 625cfm carb, Flowtech 1 5/8" shortys, Flowtech X-pipe, MAC Flowpath exhaust, MAC pulleys, 373's, subframes, Eibachs+Tokicos, B&M ripper, FMS Clutch, Zoom Quadrant+cable, 17" CSA Ultra rims, 235/45ZR17 Yokohama AVS S4's, MSD 6A ignition+coil, FMS 9mm wires, Carbed, Naturally Aspirated, and Nasty!
red82gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2001, 02:42 AM   #14
bluballz
Registered Member

Exclamation

I am not trying to burst anyones bubble but beware. There is no such law in Cali that says you can not be stopped for exceeding the limit if the flow of trafiic is going above the limit. It simply makes sense for the Chippies to leave traffic alone because stopping one car slows freeway traffic about 10%. Trust me I am a cop(sorry), I too get pissed at people who believe they have the right to control the flow of traffic. People mostly get out of my way when I am driving my Crown Vic though.

------------------
2000 GT Perf red, auto,
Blk leather interior
K&N FIPK induction
March undrive pulleys
Spintechmufflers,

bluballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2001, 12:08 PM   #15
LincoConti87
Registered Member

Hey bluballz I bet its fun to drive down a 2 lane residential with people in front of ya huh? I remember in my neighborhood one time I was following my uncle in his squad car to grandma's house and people in front were goin like 20 all the way..was so annoying
LincoConti87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2001, 04:28 PM   #16
Old Guy with 87 GT
Registered Member

he he ....i never thought of it from an officers point of veiw......that must suck,when your driving your sqaud car i bet nobody goes over the speed limit....even when it's like 15 mph...

you wern't the cop who gave me the tickit in L.A. when i was out there on vacation were you?......(just kidding)

if its not rude to ask ....what kind of fine do you think i'll get....

------------------
Old 07-20-2001, 11:46 PM   #17
KillaZ350
Registered Member

Exclamation

Happens all the time.... The left lane is for at least 10mph above the posted limit...

------------------
Arctic White 1998 Camaro Z28 LS1
See my Can Of Whoop Azz Here

Flowmaster 3in A/T Catback - MTI Air Lid/K&N filter, FRA, under drive pulley, SLP Ypipe, !MAF, Summit Cut-Out
Tread Lightly -gmhtp
KillaZ350 is offline   Reply With Quote