MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-24-2002, 03:08 PM   #1
Back Seat Driver
Registered Member

Angry Teachers!

Well, today I went to my classes. My FIRST class was Business (which I hate). The teacher was explaining something and said: "If anyone talks you will be with me ALL lunch" so he starts talkin' about the assignment. He ACCUSES me of talking. So he says "I'll see you at lunch." I say: "Sir, "I don't have a lunch" (smart-alecky)

Well, lunch comes around. I don't go to dentention. I'm walking through the hall with a few of my friends, then the teacher comes up with a REALLY bad attitude. He starts asking why I wasn't there (in a pricky voice) . I told him it was a STUPID detention. Well, needless to say, he didn't like that. He asked me why it was stupid. I told him:" I didnt even talk. It was more of a mutter".

Well, he tells me to go to the office. I refused - and he was, like, FOLLOW ME! I say: "Okay". I walk 2 meters turn around and walk the other way from where he was. He starts yelling: "NIK .. NIK.." down the hall. He drops his stuff on the ground, RUNS down the hall, GRABS my arm and puts his Finger in my face and says: " DONT WALK AWAY FROM ME".

My response was: " YOU BETTER GET YOUR HANDS OFF ME"! By that time it has the attention of everyone in the hall. He tells me to follow him. I say " Im putting my sh*t away first". So he is RIGHT behind me. He knows the combination for my locker now because he was watching.
Well, I put my stuff away and go to the Office. They didn't put me were everyone else was. They said: they "didn't trust me.

Well, needless to say, I WASN'T Suspnded. The Vice Principal likes me.

For those who don't know me; I'm NOT a bad person. But if I dont believe in what I am in trourble for, I speak ny mind.

Sorry for the length. HAD TO RANT!

P.S. Rage had a similar prolem earlier this year

NIK
Old 04-24-2002, 03:20 PM   #2
gt lee

OK you didn't go like you should have...if you had gone the scene in the hall could have been stopped...and if you had gone to his room at lunch you might have got it all settled...I might be wrong but you seem proud of what you did to make a scene...glad you didn't get suspended...I know school sucks, but do you think the teach will give you a hard time the rest of the year...sorry I am from the old school and a little respect from teacher and student needs to go a long way in your school....good luck tomorrow when you return hope he doesn't mess with ya....Lee
Old 04-24-2002, 03:24 PM   #3
polara7777
Registered Member

That sucks man. Sorry you have to put up with a teacher like that. If filing a complaint would do anything i'd do it but I know that it won't. Sounds like that teacher really is a dick.
-67 Dodge Polara (383 punched 30, Heavy head work, Mopar Performance single plane intake, Holley 750, electric fuel pump, Holley regulator, .484 duration cam, FRIED bottom end!) DOH!!! Fried the #1 rod bearing. Stroker kit coming!
-01 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Clear lenses, shaved fender, rear signals in the rear housing, baffles removed, Deals Gap dragon on the tail.)
polara7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 03:49 PM   #4
Back Seat Driver
Registered Member

Lee . I'm not proud of making a scene. I wasn't the one that caused the scene,I personally tried to ignore him. You are right. It WAS disrespectful. But he came up with a POOR atitude, I only respect people who respect me.
The Year is almost over Thank God.
Well if my marks go down and I am doing my work, i WILL report him. If he gives me a hard time 2morrow, i will tell him to get out of my face and that I DONT want to give him the satisfaction of me being suspended

NIK
Old 04-24-2002, 03:59 PM   #5
polara7777
Registered Member

I perfectly agree with you NIK. I am a very proud person and if someone disrepects me I will not show them respect either.

Do unto others...
-67 Dodge Polara (383 punched 30, Heavy head work, Mopar Performance single plane intake, Holley 750, electric fuel pump, Holley regulator, .484 duration cam, FRIED bottom end!) DOH!!! Fried the #1 rod bearing. Stroker kit coming!
-01 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Clear lenses, shaved fender, rear signals in the rear housing, baffles removed, Deals Gap dragon on the tail.)
polara7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 04:03 PM   #6
Back Seat Driver
Registered Member

Quote" Do unto others..."
I like that.
Or Treat others the way you want to be treated.

But now i thought about it and if I were to grab the teacher by a arm i amSURE i would be in sh*t.

NIK
Old 04-24-2002, 04:23 PM   #7
mike_navigator
Registered Member

Default YES school sucks

Teachers can be buts but nothin like your case has every happened to me. I have always been the trusted student just cause i dont talk cause to me there is no reason because i always get done first so then i just look at a magazine or talk to a friend if there done. I am part of my schools rifle team for JROTC and i love it and yes i would have done the same thing to a teacher but the situation has never came about, i have had stupid things with other students??? Im not sure why people say there afraid of me cause im quiet, and since i listen to Heavy metal but i dont dress like it but a few of my friends do dress in "Goth" type clothing and i know alot of people discriminate against them at my school but i know they are actually smart and nice people to talk to, and sometimes funny, and loud all the time. But then there are the A**holes who mess with me just cause i like FORD. so i have no problems like you backseat driver with teachers but some students try to mess with me but they are all morons.
mike
admin of
www.v8tec.com
mike_navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 05:47 PM   #8
srv1
Get down.....

dude, i would have took off! let him chase you! that would have been funny! lose him and show up at the office. when he walks into the office ask him what tool him so long. ahhh...memories...
Old 04-24-2002, 06:40 PM   #9
RAGE_5.0
Registered Member

I don't respect teachers unless they respect me. The way i treat a teacher depends on how that particular teacher is treating me. I fyour gonig to be an ******* to me i'm going to be an ******* to you. I never have a problem speaking my mind at school which has cause me SOME problems. For the most part in class I don't talk muchand my teachers say i don't cause trouble(except one last semester). I am usually polite to them but if you get an attitude with me i get pissed off real easy.

Oh and this teacher is like 5'3. Its funny. I think he has the syndrome napolean and hitler had.
Old 04-25-2002, 10:30 AM   #10
GONZO99TA
Registered Member

Thumbs down

alright maybe i'm too old to see it from your point of veiw, but how is ignoreing a teacher, smart a** comments and blowing off an appointment (when the teacher told you to have lunch with him) handleing this in a mature fashion?

you wonder why some teachers may have a crappy attitude? look at some of the attitudes they recieve all day from kids. i used to be one of those kids that thought i was being "mature" when really all you did was display an attitude and disrespect to a teacher, who is an authority figure in the school.

a better way to handle that situation would have been to suggest both of you have lunch with the vice princapal to discuss your differance of oppinion on what happened. since the vice principal is such a freind of yours i'm sure he would have treated you fairly.
just my $.02!
Old 04-25-2002, 10:45 AM   #11
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

you young guy's are lucky, back in my day they had what they called, the board of education, heheh, a big long paddle with holes drilled in it, added 20 a-- busting power, yeah i used to be a smart a--- & i saw that paddle a few time's, then when i got home they had called my dad, needless to say double jepordy another butt whipping, for disrespect, you guy's are lucky these day's or spoiled, sorry just my humble opinion

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 11:13 AM   #12
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Haha...yeah, I'm just old enough to remember the classic "board of education" bit. Have a coach break a 1 & 1/2" thick boad over your backside a couple of times and it sometimes has a deterent effect.

I understand where you guys are coming from. I do. Disrespectful and rude teachers, or just people in general for that matter, always get my ire up. However, there has only been one incident where I was openly disrespectful to a teacher, and that was our band director in high school who came in and ruined a perfectly good program. Enrollement dropped in half after his first (and last) semester, not to mention the fact that he was embezzling money off the top of the budgit.

Anyway, I've always found that it is best not to give the bad guys any ammunition. When the hammer falls on an empty chamber, it just makes a puney sounding click. The same thing works with disrespectful authority figures. If they get up in arms about something and start jumping on you (if it is uncalled for), be courtious, respectful, and suggest settling the matter with their superior (the V-principle in this case). That way when you get in there, the teacher is the one who looks the fool because you've got witnesses who saw that you acted in a civil manner.

Ignoring, being belligerent, or smart-mouthing people in authority won't get you anywhere except the bottom. If you don't believe me, try it with a police officer next time you get pulled over and see how long it takes you to become Bubba's *****.

You don't put out fires with fire; you put out fires with water. Act in the opposite way they expect you to and it will burn them more than anything when they can't get a rise out of you.

I think all of us go through stages where we have trouble with authority. I know I did, and still do at times. However, you don't get very far bucking the man. Do what you gotta do, but it can be done without drawing attention to yourself. Kinda like it's better to enjoy your drag racing on a back-ally street rather than burning out in front of the police station.

Just some pearls....

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT

Last edited by silver_pilate; 04-25-2002 at 11:25 AM..
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 01:20 PM   #13
95mustanggt
Registered Member

I agree with GONZO99TA, I would have gone with this guy and talked things out.

I remember when I was in High School, I had a couple teachers that had bad attitudes. I reacted more like you did (I too was a really good kid). But after all the years of experience I've had out of school, know I would just take this guy to the VP and have a chat. By the time we where done the teacher would be calling me "sir".

Ah but I guess that's what 10 years of experience will do to you.

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 04:03 PM   #14
Back Seat Driver
Registered Member

No. GONZO99TA I didn't agree with this guys detention, I dint want to see him. So I figured I wouldn't go.

SOMEONE brought up the fact of being a smart @$$ to a cop, a cop is WAYY different than a teacher. A cop has REAL athority. IMO teachers have chips on there shoulders. they seem to think they are the kings, Don't get me wrong there are LOTS of great teachers. But the ones that are BummHoles I have NO RESPECT FOR.

But in this situation this guy went and snapped on another kid aswell. So it proves that he did not want a "MATURE" conversation.

So GONZO99TA I was just speaking to him as he was tlaking to me. IF he came up with a good attitude the situation would have been different BUT he came up like and imbicile.

NIK
Old 04-25-2002, 05:26 PM   #15
GONZO99TA
Registered Member

Default Re: Teachers!

Quote:
I say: "Sir, "I don't have a lunch"

I told him:" I didnt even talk. It was more of a mutter".

from ypur own mouth it sounds like you did give the impression of speaking in class and you started with a smart alec comment.

i'm not trying to bust your balls, but 10 years from now you will see what i'm talking about. i would not have understood myself in h.s. because at that age i thought i knew it all. now i know better.

believe it or not a teacher is an authority figure. it is their job to keep discipline in the classroom so they can teach. a much harder job these days due to kids that now play the system and the letter of the law on them. parents today even have it harder. if you smack your child in public these days everyone screams child abuse. kids see this and play it to the max.

trust me it is much differant these days when i have to go in to see my sons teacher for something he did. part of me wants to laugh because it was something i may have done at his age and thought was funny, but the other part knows i have to discipline him for it, so he will know what he did was wrong.

god, why did my parents have to curse me by saying "some day i hope you have kids that act like you do."
GONZO99TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 05:43 PM   #16
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

I'm the SOMEONE who brought up the cop thing.

My point was not that teachers have the same authority or power as officers. My point is that this all came about from a problem with authority. I completely agree that there are people out there who have no business being teachers, but they still have authority over you when you are on school premisis. Or maybe that was just in my day. Reguardless, these people, for the most part, are there to help you on a way to a better life. I'm not saying you should brown nose or kiss the winker of every person in authority, but give them some respect. I think you probably did say something in class that day, even if it was a mumble, and the teacher carried out his threat. Sure, he acted like an idiot, but seems like you gave him cause.

Things have changed a lot I guess. I remember we were always scarred to death of the older kids and most teachers. Even in junior high, when I was a 7th grader, you didn't back talk an 8th grader or you'd get your butt handed to you in a sling. Not so with kids now days. I think it's pathetic how many little kids now days have absolutely no respect for the other person.

That last statement isn't dircted at you, Nik. It's directed in general towards a great number of kids I've seen. I think you do have respect for most people. I don't really know this teacher, and I can't say that I wouldn't have acted the same way that you did in a similar situation. I'm just saying that my experiences have shown me that bucking authority doesn't get you very far, so make sure that when you do, it's for a worthwhile cause. And teachers DO have authority over you in the school as long as law requires you to go, like it or not.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Old 04-25-2002, 05:49 PM   #17
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

You're probably thinking, "where the heck did all this come from??" I appologize if some of us seem like we're on a soapbox.

I know that this probably wasn't the response you were looking for when you posted this story, and we're all probably making a little too much out of it.

None of us meant to put you on the defensive. I say that because similar things have happened in other posts and people blew things WAY out of proportion. Just take what's said by anyone here with a grain of salt.

Take care.

--nathan

Old 04-25-2002, 06:13 PM   #18
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Alright, here's my interpretation. Teacher is a jerk, he decides to make an example out of you. You ignore the meeting, play it off like a smartass.

The teacher catches up with you in the hall, handles the situation improperly, without professionalism, and gets physically abusive. At this point the teacher should have his job taken away, a permament mark on his record, and assault charges filed against him.

You should be suspended from school for a couple weeks. Just long enough so that you have to work your royal *** off if you want to graduate on time, but not so long as to force you to fail. People do have authority over you. They outrank you, and it will continue for pretty much the rest of you life. Learn to deal with it, or fail miserably.

A teachers job may be to control the classroom, but it is not to control the student outside of that class. There is no excuse for the teacher becoming physically violent. That's soo far out of line I can't even begin to get into it. The teacher should be old enough, and mature enough to handle their job with a little professionalism. In this case, maybe the instructor should be switching jobs back and forth between McDonald's and White Castle.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 06:13 PM   #19
Back Seat Driver
Registered Member

Quote Silver_Pilate *None of us meant to put you on the defensive. I say that because similar things have happened in other posts and people blew things WAY out of proportion. Just take what's said by anyone here with a grain of salt. *

You didn't need to apologize. I put it on here because I was P*ssedOff. All of you guys have opinions on what EVERYONE posts on here. We all have different looks upon a event. Correct me if I am wrong.

But Thanx for the reply's and I know that next time a situation comes up like this, I will stay calmer and make the teacher look like he is the bad guy..

NIK
Old 04-25-2002, 09:52 PM   #20
gt lee

Way to go Nic, I think you got it...Sorry too if I started this mess. And it is true everyone has an opion and if you don't want to hear it, don't post it here, right....Lee