MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-09-2001, 10:02 PM   #1
TJR
Registered Member

Thumbs up New Member

I have been visiting the message forums for over a year now and decided to post my first topic. I feel this is a great site and I have gained a lot of knowledge from it. I am currently a college student so I don't have a lot of free time or money, but I'll try to use the boards when I get a chance. I generally do most of the work on my car myself so I might be able to help out others in the future. On another note, I am trying to decide if I should do heads/cam this summer or save up for a down payment on another car since my Mustang is a daily driver (Not fun in winter). Any input would be appreciated and I try to reply later on. (Sorry, if this post is a little long.)

------------------
1989 lx notch
89,000 miles
bolt-ons,stock heads/cam
60'2.07,8.90@78,13.93@99
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 10:59 PM   #2
StangFlyer
Founder

Nope, not to long, and welcome aboard JTR! Just wish you would have joined us a lot sooner. You've been lurking too long man!

------------------
Dan McClain, Editor
The Mustang Works Magazine
1991 Mustang GT - NOVI Supercharged 377 Stroker
1999 Ford Lightning SVT - 2000 Prototype updated by Roush
StangFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 02:39 AM   #3
stangsrule
Registered Member

Exclamation

Welcome to the best Mustang site on the net!!!

------------------
92GT all the free stuff and a few bolt-ons, lowered with Ebiach's and Koni's, Kenny Brown subframe connectors, lower G-brace and jacking rails. BBK upper and lower control arms, polyurethane bushings all around and Ken Bell blower, ram-air, 80mm mass air, etc.
stangsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 07:08 AM   #4
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Welcome TJR. Good to have you here.

Your post is not long at all. In the long run, it'll probably work out better if you get yourself another mustang/car and make one car your project car. That way you won't get stranded and you can do your mods any time without having to worry about transportation and there'd be less wear and tear on your modded car.

I know it sucks to be driving in your daily driver and along comes some souped up car you were dying to race but you're not driving your project car. But like I said, in most cases, in the long run, it'll be better for you to have a project stang and a daily driver, stang or no stang. But who says you can't mod both

-------------------------------
'79 Mustang Coup w/ 4" Cowl
Stock 5.8L, C4 w/ shift kit
Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake
1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, Al driveshaft
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s
14 x 4” K&N air filter (getting the Xtreme setup soon)

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body

Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 08:38 PM   #5
TJR
Registered Member

Cool

I think it would be practical to buy another car, but I can't see myself driving anything but a Mustang. Also, if I got one it would have to be a v8 with a five speed. I'm torn between finding a 91-92 lx hatch/notch, 96-98 cobra, or 99-newer gt. Chances are that I won't be able to afford either of the last two until I get a good job. Oh well, someday.

------------------
1989 lx notch
89,000 miles
bolt-ons,stock heads/cam
60'- 2.07, 8.90@78, 13.93@99
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2001, 06:25 AM   #6
Thad
Registered Member

Welcome to the site.There is a plathora of information and good people here. I too, like yourself, am going to college and also working full time. So i can relate.
i've often thought of doing what your thinking but buying a junker car for work and school and building up my daily driver stang. Money always seems to be a big factor in that thought. Buy a stang shell and buy a 351 block and just build it from ground up. you could probably get both of those for a descent price. Good luck!
Thad is offline   Reply With Quote