MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-25-2001, 11:05 PM   #41
BennyBoy

I should run low to mid 14s (14.2-14.4), which is pretty close to the norm of a well driven stock late 80s early 90s 5.0, at least a 5 spd car anyways. I raced a stock '92 305 RS a while back. I beat him by about 6 or 7 car lengths to 60 the first time we raced, which I was battling for traction up to about 45 mph. The second time we raced I took it up to 115 before I got out of it. He had enough time to pull in behind me during the race that I put chips on his front end because I was shooting some pebbles from spinning my wheels. The people watching said I had him by a HUGE amount. They couldn't even estimate because we were so far apart. It was an automatic, so you couldn't use his crappy skills as an excuse either. It was a very nice car though. Ran smooth. But not fast. Very clean and well kept. A metallic blue with alloy rims. It was nice.

------------------
'69 Coupe with 351W
=========================
Edelbrock RPM intake, Edelbrock RPM cam, Edelbrock 750 cfm carb, Edelbrock lifters, Edelbrock double roller timing chain, Edelbrock valve springs, Accel coil, Moroso Blue-Max wires, Hedman headers, 2 1/2" pipe, glasspacks, Flex fan, Lakewood traction bars, C4, 3:1 gears, 290hp-stock heads
=========================
Old 05-26-2001, 12:29 AM   #42
Capri306

camaroboy: Remember you are on a Mustang message board, and flaming or filling up an entire post with "mah three-fiddy 'll kick yo arse"-style statements are not bumping you up on the respect ladder. MustangWorks is about Mustang drivers & enthusiasts, not us bashing brand-x. If flaming is what you're looking for, I suggest you move on to another message board. Thanks.

------------------
Capri306, Moderator, The Mustang Works Online
1979 Mercury Capri, 5.0L -- C4 -- 2.73
1987 Mustang LX Notch
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2001, 05:45 PM   #43
Old Guy with 87 GT
Registered Member

ah oh....we got the moderater involved.....we better behave...he he....its seems that camaroboy is biast and uneducated on the matter of what the numbers say.i dont race at a 1/4 mile track so i only know 1/8 mile #s......seems that most stock fox mustangs run around 9.3to 9.8 in 1/8 and most of the stock camaros run from 10.0 to 10.5 in the 1/8....your stock 305s(80s style)are almost never lower the 10. sec. your stock 350 camaro can usually break into 9s but high 9s.now your newer style camaros can run low 9s. thats why i said there much improved over 80s style camaros.....your 70s style camaros can usally get 9s (except the 305s there allways up there into the 11.s and 12.s...with the neons and the focases...he he)the 70s camaros at my track are hard to compare beings that there almost never stock.but comparing stock cars and mostly stock cars the camaros are allmost allway slower then fords......mine is an 87gt and its got 150,000 miles on it ,its allmost all stock (its got flowwmasters on it)...it runs around 9.5 to 9.7 depends on the day....the camaro i was talking about in the other post was a 350 camaro that was allmost all stock(he had flowwmasters allso)....he was in my rear veiw becase his car runs cosistant 10.s.....the only 80s style camaros that run below 9.3 to 9.8 s at my track are the oneswith engine mods or other power adder mods.witch 9.3 to 9.8s is what most stock mustangs run....not to mention the mod mustangs down there that run any where from 8.s to 6.s .....well thats the #s that i know and allthogh its only 1/8 mile #s....the #s dont lie
Old Guy with 87 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2001, 07:46 PM   #44
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

Exclamation

Wow. What a response. Hmm, maybe I should have titled it "Morons with GM's please respond!" What a load of crap.

Anyway, back to the topic guys.

------------------
Too much to list. Best ET on the car so far with stock 2.73 gears - 13.73@102mph

Indiana Stangers Association
Buy your parts here
ICQ# 42269241
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 12:38 AM   #45
429mustang
Registered Member

So anyway, about where did all the muscle cars go. Sure it sucks you don't see many cool cars cruising around all the time, but doesn't that make it all the better when you finally do? Here's what I don't understand, I drive an 86 Mustang GT and my friend drives a 1970 Chevelle 396. We'll run into a bunch of kids from school that drive hondas and give them a few burnouts or whatever and everyone thinks it's cool and they wish they had a rear-wheel drive car that could burn out. I paid $2000 for my mustang and my friend payed around $7500 for his chevelle. Instead of people spending $10,000 for a honda or an acura (then another $2000 for rims,foglights and a windshield sticker), why don't they actually buy a car they think is cool and save themselves thousands of dollars?
429mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 02:58 AM   #46
GONZO99TA
Registered Member

the muscle cars are gone mainly due to all the emissions and fuel economy requirements.
now the kids that are starting to drive these days grew up watching mom and dad drive the crap from the late 70's and 80's. these were bad years for alot of domestic brands. this is when the imports really made there reputation for reliability and fuel economy.
these days domestic cars are still playing catch up to some import brands in overall quality and reliability.
also think hard. how many rwd cars were or are still being made in the 90's and present. like it or not fwd civics, focus, and GTP's are the new muscle cars. the only rwd performance cars offered these days are expensive (other than the mustang and f bod).
also didn't the whole muscle car era start when car companies started putting in hi hp engines into your avg grocery getter car. not unlike dumping a 170hp engine into a lightweight civic.
now the only thing i don't like is the attitude that you get from these young punk kids. people that want to start fights because they lost a race. wtf is that all about.

------------------
99 30th annv. Trans am
79 Trans am black se
GONZO99TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 03:42 AM   #47
Old Guy with 87 GT
Registered Member

once again sorry about getting of off topic 2fast......i kinda agree with gonzo ....the lightweight sport compacts kinda are the new wave of muscle cars .....i think any car that get up and go at an insane rate of speed is kinda in the class of muscle car.although i prefere the true muscle car(rear wheel drive,hugh moter)technology is changing and some people just prefer to go fast in a different kinda machine. i think that ther isnt that much of a difference between muscle car fans and import fans .both want to go fast and look good doing it, just a defferent preferance of machine ....what doesnt make sence to me is the ones who make there cars look fast (shopping cart handle wing ,rims and tack) and dont do anything to make the car fast.but those type drive all kinds of cars not just sport compacts or imports.
Old 05-27-2001, 09:20 AM   #48
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

Im pretty dissapointed i dont see as many stangs at our cruise meets anymore, im 22 but feeling old now, it seems more ricers moved in with booming systems and gangbanger attitudes, but i know some cool guys though, but they are always burning out in the parking lots, we barely talked the manager into letting us hang, and they disrespect, so we usually get kicked out

hAAh, camaroboy, i had a link to a site that proved the 80's early 90's stang lx (stock) outperformed the camaro/iroc, especially 1/4 mile, and they said the 305 5spd was quicker than the 350tpi auto. sorry, i'll shut up now, just stating some facts.

------------------
90 lx coupe: Mac cold air fenderwell, accel supercoil,ADS chip (not yet track tested),3-core radiatr, FMS alum D/S, Black magic fan, 3.27grs, 3chbr flows.
Best time: 13.9116(on 225/60/15 firehawks)
Best mph: 98.17
Best 60': 1.9607

next mods: subframes, mac h-pipe
90dpscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 10:04 AM   #49
GONZO99TA
Registered Member

camaroboy you are an idiot!!!
no fbody enthusiast wants an moron like you being lumped in the same catagory as the rest of us.

yes for the most part 5.0 stangs were beating the f bods in the 80's and through 92.
GONZO99TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 10:16 AM   #50
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

No problem old guy
I realize emissions have probably caused a lot of the older cars to be garaged, but we don't have emissions here so that has nothing to do with it around here.

I think I'm just getting too old and all of the guys my age are home watching TV or something instead of going out cruising. Plus, like you guys are saying, all of the kids nowadays are buying rice.

If I ever have kids they will be taught Ford Blue until they are old enough to make decisions on their own, say 30

------------------
Too much to list. Best ET on the car so far with stock 2.73 gears - 13.73@102mph

Buy your parts here
ICQ# 42269241
Old 05-27-2001, 10:51 PM   #51
camaroboy
Registered Member

Hey faggots. I didn't come on this board callin you guys idiots for some things i didn't agree with. So wtf is up with that **** *? Anyways, you may believe what you want, but know it's wrong. My buddy has a '92 Convert 350TPI runs 14.6's. His '92 hardtop runs 14.2. Both these cars are solid & bone stock (except convert has a shift kit) There are your numbers babies. THIS IS STOCK. The hardtop is a 25 anniversary edition with a 350 HO tpi. Anyways, TryMe, this is the disbled guy who comes to the shows with us. I think you know him. Oh & i forgot to mention that he is in a wheelchair & that both these cars are auto.

------------------

'81 Z-28, 383 Stroker, 11.5:1, Dart Sportsman Angle Plug heads, Weiand Team G, Holley 750 dbl pump, Comp XE-284H, TCI glide w/ 3500 stall, 4:10 posi, B&M Megashifter, MT Indy Profile S/S, and nothin left for the gas tank
camaroboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 12:31 AM   #52
cyberstang444
Registered Member

Cool

camarodork, Do you have any clue what discretion is? Nobody is going to buy you "My buddies got a 92..blah" BS. I got something for you don't you think it's funny that it takes chevy to make a 350 that barely hangs with ford's 302? And what was the point of adding the wheelchair coment is that supposed to make camaro's some how faster? I was just wondering if it was a mod i haven't heard about, what is that an "desperate handicapped explotation kit". Come on dude lay off our board unless you have an actual CAR comment.

btw how could you respect ANY car that offered a Pink on Grey color scheme (80's IROC)

Black 88 LX 5.0 convert w/saleen body kit mach1 hood, flomasters, cobra R wheels.. never raced it (show car)

[This message has been edited by cyberstang444 (edited 05-28-2001).]
cyberstang444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 01:13 AM   #53
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Camaro Boy, alls your doing is making other F-body owners look bad. If you want us to think higher of F-bodys I suggest keeping quiet.

Do you think harsh words and suppossed cars your "friends" have is going to make us belive you? I hope not.

If ignorance is bliss, then you have to be one of the happiest people on earth.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 01:21 AM   #54
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

Alright, camaroboy, their really is some cool guys here, you just cant go off saying how you think a stock 305 is going to beat a stock 302 stang?, i guess it would be close either way, traction and driving skill, but i GUARANTEE the stang will hit 60 faster, and i knew a guy with a 92 vert limited with stripes, it did great burnouts, and seemed fast, but what was your point, my coupe went 14.2 with a passenger and swaybar on! and this is with a 170k motor with nothing but a electric fan.

------------------
90 lx coupe: Mac cold air fenderwell, accel supercoil,ADS chip (not yet track tested),3-core radiatr, FMS alum D/S, Black magic fan, 3.27grs, 3chbr flows.
Best time: 13.9116(on 225/60/15 firehawks)
Best mph: 98.17
Best 60': 1.9607

next mods: subframes, mac h-pipe
90dpscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 06:51 AM   #55
69fastback
IRAQ VET

I just wisht i lived in a place with more mustangs. who know where the army will take me next. There are two mustangs in all of korea that i have seen. Owned by american civilians of course. It if funny though when i am at home i am the only person below the age of 45 with a older car. The looks i get driving a 69 at only 24 is very funny. I don't know what ever ppl where thinking when rice came out i just hope that it is a fad that will go away soon.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 08:39 AM   #56
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

Who cares which car is faster stock or modified?? I don't really give a flying rats @ss myself. IMO the Camaro's used to be piles of crap (opinion based on ownership of an 89 Camaro), but at least they looked good. Now they are just piles of crap.

------------------

Buy your parts here
ICQ# 42269241
Old 05-28-2001, 09:13 AM   #57
Try Me
Registered Member

Smile

As for "CamaroBoy's buddy blah blah blah".
There is a stong Ottawa prsence here - so i'll be the first to vouch for anything CamaroBoy says.
He talks alot - but back's it up too when the light goes green, so go easy on 'em

I think he's just upset for being king of the hill in Ottawa and nobody wanting to race him?
Try Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 11:49 AM   #58
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Arrow

To bad camaroBoy doesnt live around these parts. I can think of more than a dozen cars thould would probably hand him his Butt. After I save up for my Novi 2000 or Vortech S-Trim, then I'll include myself.

Maybe me and Eric will take a trip up to Canada in the Fairlane! And go Camaro Hunting. Watch out Canada, the southern boys are coming!
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 01:01 PM   #59
camaroboy
Registered Member

Thanks for the back up TryMe. I am not anywhere near the fastest car in ottawa, but i can say myself that it runs ok for now (2 more weeks!!!!!) Anyways, let's just stop this **** cause it's gettin outta hand & go back to whatever the topic was. There is no point of me defending my car on this site, i understand that now.

------------------

'81 Z-28, 383 Stroker, 11.5:1, Dart Sportsman Angle Plug heads, Weiand Team G, Holley 750 dbl pump, Comp XE-284H, TCI glide w/ 3500 stall, 4:10 posi, B&M Megashifter, MT Indy Profile S/S, and nothin left for the gas tank
camaroboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 01:22 PM   #60
Old Guy with 87 GT
Registered Member

boy you guys would love it around here ....still lots of muscle cars left .....all kinds of different mustangs every friday u can allways see a handfull of foxes cruising and theres about 20 foxes and about 20 other varied year mustangs that come to our little tiny 1/8th mile track every sunday .....camaroboy would be happy to know that there are alot of camaros around to.....the comp is fun .the mustangs are more popular than the camaros but ther is still a dedicated bunce that cruise and race f bods.its cool, theres if a chevy club around here that puts "5.0 slayers" acossed ther windshields.thers about 10 or 15 of them with that banner acrossed there windshield and some of them run pretty fast.its like an automatic challenge to try and take em for everybody that runs ford.thats why i rememberd those numbers i quoted above,because that was a time run i ran against one of the slayers.....he didnt slay me ...he he...........i'm not trying to put you down camaroboy ...if you read my posts im not the one calling you an idiot...i think your just dedicated to your brand of muscle.i'm more into messing with imports.i have bold lettering on my back windshield that says "import eater" witch to me is ther to inspire compitition. camaro boy would love it aruond her becouse there are still alot of chevys and all in all when the cars are all modified up theres not that much of a difference.the mustangs have some advantages and the chevys have some advantages. aruond here its more muscle against import, thats why i say wave faith in the muscle cars sticking around but also have respect for the imports because some of em are pretty fast ........next weekend belongs to ford ...the all ford nationals car show is in town.Carlisles ford car show is one of the biggest there is.so this weekend will be booming with every kind of ford ther is runing around ,5.0 slayers will be scarce .imports will be toast and fords will own the city of Carlisle for a weekend (be the same way when the vette show comes only with chevys)i'm hoping to get my trans back and have it in by this weekend .i want to join in on the fun.so if you guys have no fiath in the muscle cars stll being around then come to Pa. and see for your self.come to Carlisle pa. this weekend and help us suck imports through our gills and spit em out the tailpipes..(june 1st,to3rd)ford and chevy alike ,some of my best friends are chevy people i dont care aslong as there into cruising and eating imports,and aside from all that i like some of them imports .there competitive and some of em are downright fast(allthough not most of em)but as for me ill stick to fords and continue to prove that fords are the **** if driven right on the track and on the corners