MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-16-2002, 01:51 AM   #21
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

So your Grandma drives a Mustang, only thing that really says is we at least now know that one person in your family has some sense.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Old 05-16-2002, 02:09 AM   #22
red82gt
Sober voice of Reason

I can't believe that after all this, the only thing this choch has to say is my grandma has a GT? It must suck that his grandma has a car that's faster than his even though he's got MAD SKILZ
Old 05-16-2002, 02:26 AM   #23
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by red82gt
It must suck that his grandma has a car that's faster than his
LOL

Hey, makaveli, every chick I know drives a civic...so what's your point.

Mr. 5.0 said it best "See you in my rearview."

I'll even let you pick which stang you want me to run against you!

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
Old 05-16-2002, 02:33 AM   #24
PKRWUD

It sounds to me like this kid still has 2 or 3 years to go before he even gets a license, and is just running on the lip service of others, perhaps an older brother.

Don't expect more from him than he could possibly give. He's a kid. It's not his fault. He's not so much stupid as he is uninformed.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 05-16-2002, 02:45 AM   #25
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Hmmm...From what I gatherd from the intial post Mr Makevilla is saying that most Mustangs are stock. Hmmmm....Most Mustangs are modified in reality. Half of those have more than a K&N, Exhaust and Cold Air.

Once again..Hmmm...in any given town, how many 12 second, and 11 second stangs do you have running around town (I know in Fayetteville, and even my home town in PA, New Kensington) you have more than a handfull. Now...How many 12 second, and 11 second Imports do you see??? Maybe 1 or 2 at most!

How many do ya see at the track? 1 or 2 (Which are the same ones you see on the street)

Dude, you must live in an alternate universe or something. Do you know how many Forced induction Stangs run around? Alot. Talk about engine swaps, how many 351's have been put in the place of a 302...ALOT.

If you dont like the Mustang, that sounds like your problem. Me, along with quite a few here, dont care for imports (Even though there are a few cool ones....Speaking of which, where has Inferno Been?) I dont like the looks of them, and I dont much like the Front wheel drive aspect of them.

As for ya beating Mustangs, you didnt mention what ya got there man. Why not? Maybe because your all talk, just like the WRX guy that said he NEVER LOST TO MUSTANGS...SO I HAD TO BE SPRAYING TO BEAT HIM, I demolished him....A few times. There cool cars those WRX's, just that the guy driving it was not.

SO...WHAT IS IT THAT YOU DRIVE?

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Old 05-16-2002, 03:22 AM   #26
84_GT350
Registered Member

Man...I leave for like 6 months and come back to this? Oh well...since everyone else has added their $0.50 I guess I might as well too.

First of all...you're absolutely right man...you have the right to own and like whatever you want. That's your god given right. But that right goes both ways. I also have the right to hate it. Not to say that I hate ALL Japanese/asian cars...they've made some pretty cool stuff. But you need to realize a Civic isn't built to be a race car. It's basic transportation. Please remember that.

As far as the term "rice" being racist...get a clue. My guess is that you're young and white...meaning you have no say in the matter anyway. The term "jap" is racist...notice the world of difference?

Hmmm...care to make more of a broad generalization of stock Mustangs? How bout a stock Mustang vs. a stock Civic? And you wanna talk about "quick" vs. "fast"? Most Japanese cars need such a steep gear ratio to get off the line they give up WAY earlier than a V8 car.

I hate to break your spirit boy, but Japanese cars are by NO means the wave of the future. If that was true they'd keep improving...more power, better handling, etc. While they rest on their laurels Ford just put out a Cobra capable of running mid 12's BONE STOCK. Like Mr. 5.0 said...they'll have their place in history but only behind big power AMERICAN muscle. Do your homework.
1984 1/2 GT350 (#842 Hatchback w/ T-tops)
Old 05-16-2002, 04:04 AM   #27
Mach 1
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Unit 5302
There is the import scene, for those who don't know how engines work, and there is the domestic scene for those who do.
That quote sums it all up. people who modify rice with stickers and fart cans only do so because they dont know any better.
RHC member #142
Old 05-16-2002, 06:51 AM   #28
SMOKE
Old School ROUSH

Cool Wrong site to unload those issues .....

Wow, trolls over here at the Works??

Shame but Makaveli i think you get the gist of everyone's opinion here.

Rice is a state of mind to be commented on not the color of your skin of the home country of your origin.

Old 05-16-2002, 07:49 AM   #29
cyberstang5.0
347ci of HORSE POWER!!!

Well, lets think about this.... I can buy a new GT for 25,000 and it has 260hp. You take a civic, integra, or whatever POS you want for the same price with only 120hp. You spend an additional 5-6 grand (or more ) to bring your car up to where mine is. So, you spend more money just to bring yourself up to my level.

Also, you spend 800 on ONE header.. and I spend 200-300 on TWO. I can get more bang for the buck and I will produce more HP.

Keep this inmind....There is NO substitution for Cubic Inches!!!

If you still disagree with me... stop by here, and I'll hand you your *** and we'll see who's car is better

MUSTANGS RULE!!!!!
Old 05-16-2002, 07:50 AM   #30
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Thumbs down Grandma's ricer

Makaveli:

My grandmother drives a Civic with a giant, adjustable wing, 18" wheels, 47 'racing' stickers, neons and a 5" exhaust tip - and the poor old girl thinks it's fast. We're committing her next week.

Look kid, you trolled over here to a Mustang site, made your inane post and a lot of people took their valuable time to respond to you and most of us treated you - if not gently - at least as an adult. Mostly.

If useless school-boy comments are your response - and nothing else - I'm closing the thread as we've all seen and heard the rice-boy BS many, many times. It's a bore.

When you get tired of playing 'zoom zoom zoom' with your mom's grocery-getter and you're ready to drive a real car, a Mustang V-8 that laughs at your girly-man little sewing-machine-motor-powered econocar, just let us know. We'll be here. Waiting to teach you what real power is, if you can handle it.
Old 05-16-2002, 08:18 AM   #31
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Default Re: Grandma's ricer

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr 5 0
Makaveli:

My grandmother drives a Civic with a giant, adjustable wing, 18" wheels, 47 'racing' stickers, neons and a 5" exhaust tip - and the poor old girl thinks it's fast. We're committing her next week
bwahahahah hey rice boy, your pretty fly for a white guy,yo word, what mr 5.0 is sayin g dog= read it, learn it , live it, word to yo mama, oh yeah turn your damn hat around the right way, biatch, bling bling, later uncle ben mr 5.0 can i get a trademark on this?
rice- Real Idiots College Education! heheh
ford= Fried Ol Rice Dead! heheh. oh someboby stop me , heheh

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03

Last edited by Crazy Horse GT; 05-16-2002 at 09:52 AM..
Old 05-16-2002, 09:05 AM   #32
cyberstang5.0
347ci of HORSE POWER!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Makaveli
My grandma drives a GT

You got your pic all wrong... Ford stands for...

First On Race Day

Now that you have obtained this wonderful knowledge, GET OFF OUR BOARD RICER!
Old 05-16-2002, 09:23 AM   #33
mike_navigator
Registered Member

Default for rice boys

Hey for all the ricers out there
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tony.jpg (204.8 KB, 16 views)
admin of
www.v8tec.com
Old 05-16-2002, 10:13 AM   #34
silverstang01
Registered Member

Well before this thread gets shut down, I think I should throw my thoughts in on this little matter!! First of JL1314 watch out with calling him a troll....you know that might be taken as racist lol....we might have a troll uprising on our hands!! I will prove how stupid Makaveli is with this one post!! Who cares about Mustang's superiority, who's cares about our increased advantage in Horsepower (even my little V-6), not even looking at that why are our cars better? Take any import even the hottest, let's see here S2000 or 98' Supra? What do we see? Car's trying to immitate muscle cars like the mustang. The only respectable imports switch to rear wheel drive like the mustang, they try to make horsepower like the mustang, and handle like the mustang!!! The little imports are a joke, and the badass ones are just imitation's of what we already have in a better form. Example Take your twin turbo 3000GT, 300Z, Supra TT, now take a Mustang add the twin turbo's and whose on top thats what I thought. They are weak imitations because they rely on forced induction to get into our ballpark, when we rely on forced induction when handing them their *** gets old and we decide we need to lay a serious *** whooping on them!!!
Old 05-16-2002, 10:50 AM   #35
cyberstang5.0
347ci of HORSE POWER!!!

silverstang01, I couldn't have said it better myself
Old 05-16-2002, 10:59 AM   #36
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Racing a Honda is like the special olympics...........Even if you win, your still retarded

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 05-16-2002, 11:40 AM   #37
silverstang01
Registered Member

Why thank you Cyberstang! I think we all are pretty much in agreement here, everyone's intitled to their own opinion but Ricer's aren't intitled to anything!!
Old 05-16-2002, 12:07 PM   #38
lyonsd
Registered Member

Default Re: Lets talk about import vs. domestic

Quote:
Originally posted by Makaveli
You guys use terms like "ricers" and "rice rockets" to describe imports, which is not only stupid, but also racist.
Gee, your first post and you're playing the race card. I'll bet if you were old enough you'd havve voted for Algore.

Quote:
So Mustangs are pretty fast stock, right? Well not fast, lets say quick. So what?? It takes no skill what-so-ever to buy a car and drive it stock.
You're right. Some people have no skills. And some people with no skills still want a fast car. So if you had no skills and wanted to go fast, would you by a Mustang or a 4-cylinder car with wrong-wheel drive? I guess that all depends on how dumb you are.

Quote:
Some people would much rather take an ordinary car, fast or not, and modify it to be fast and look good.
Some people would much rather take a fast car that already looks good and keep it bone stock.

Quote:
Maybe you guys think your better than import drivers because you spend a few grand buying a fast car, but anyone can do that.
We don't think were better, but we know we're quicker.

Quote:
It takes skill and money to swap an engine, or install a tubro kit. It takes our own time and sweat to mold and fit body kits and put performance parts on. My grandma can go out and buy a Mustang, I don't think she could modify an import though.
Your grandma has no skills that you're talking about. Since she has no skills, buying a Mustang would be the smart thing to do.

Why pay for a car and it's engine and then buy a whole new engine? That's just plain stupid. You buy something like a Civic and a completely new engine on top of that. You drop that new engine in and still get beat by a stock Mustang. That's really, really stupid. But if you like throwing money away, that's your right. I'll bet your one of those people who likes to tell the rich how to spend their money.

Quote:
I KNOW that my import will beat an stock GT in a race.
See? You had to dump only God knows how much money into it to beat a stock Mustang. That doesn't seem very smart to me.

Quote:
Now I'm not trying to diss your personal preference -
Yes you are.

Quote:
everyone can do whatever they want to their ride. If somone adds a big muffler that you claim sounds like a "fart" or "dying bumblebee" maybe they like it and they do it just for performance. If someone wants a huge metal wing, let them have it in peace!
Fine. They're free to do what they want, no matter how stupid it is. So let us laugh at them (and you) in peace.

Quote:
I know you think the import scene is just a phase and will die down soon, but the truth is, after many years the "American Muscle" phase is finally over and its time to move on. Muscle cars were big a few years ago, but that time is over and modified cars are now taking over. It's not "Fast and the Furious" that started this, modified imports have been big for a while, and its getting bigger.
And they're still way behind in terms of performance. As I said before, look at how much money you have to spend on a wrong wheel drive 4-popper and still be slower than a stock "muscle car". And for those imports that are already fast, look how much their initial cost is.

Face the truth: dollar for dollar, American cars can't be beat.

Quote:
Thats my 2 cents for you guys, I just wanted to get it off my chest.
Great. Now don't be mad at us because you choose to drive a slow car.
Check out the stuff I'm selling on ebay
Old 05-16-2002, 12:08 PM   #39
Ty'97Cobra
Registered Member

Wow, I've NEVER see "Fix Or Repair Daily" HAHAH ROTFL....
That was an excellent reply. I see Third Grade really paid off... You parents must be proud!!!!!

That 'grandma' comment was his 3rd post. I doubt we will see any more of matchvelli, or whoever he is. You guys really didn't think you would get an educated response to your posts, did ya?
#2459 of 5082

Visit my city http://diggstown.myminicity.com/

Old 05-16-2002, 12:33 PM   #40
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Talking The rice is cooked

All:

Well, this has been fun but the rice-boy, Makaveli, obviously can't come up with a response to the many posts his little rant generated and frankly, who really cares what this guy thinks about anything?

He's a troll and we're getting all P.O.'ed over a lot of nothing from a pathetic little nobody with a keyboard and an internet connection. Wasting our time and bandwidth that could be better used elsewhere, on more important subjects than why Japanese econocars with silly stickers and plastic body attachments are pitiful imitations of real muscle cars, like the mighty Mustang.

Sorry if you didn't have a shot at the riceboy but you didn't miss a thing. Really. Same old, same old.

I've had to delete some real profanity from this thread already and frankly, this old Rice vs American muscle argument is such a no-brainer that this thread isn't worth the time it takes to keep track of it. Enough.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread