MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-14-2002, 08:27 PM   #1
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Default Quick! Need help! (Ladies especially!)

Alright....I'm planning on asking this girl out tomorrow night, but I don't want to just do the traditional dozen roses technique or anything. Have any clever ideas? I know she's going to say yes, so that's not a problem. I want it to be pretty unique and thoughtful, ya know? Money's not really a problem, to a certain extent, but TIME is a problem! I need to figure out something before tomorrow night!

Thanks for all the help! Let me know!

EDIT: Today is Tuesday, tomorrow is Wednesday. I need to know by Wednesday night! Thanks.

Last edited by 6T9PONY; 05-14-2002 at 08:35 PM..
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 10:31 PM   #2
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

er.........just my opinion, but giving her a dozen roses when asking her out for the first time, might be a little to forward. You don't wanna look desprate(I said look, because I know you are)

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 11:06 PM   #3
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

I'm not doing a dozen roses....I was just meaning that I don't want to just get her flowers, etc. I'd like to do something more unique. That's all.

Desperate? Pshiiiiiiiiiiiiiit..........whatevah.......
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 11:15 PM   #4
PKRWUD

Making a first impression is important, but don't set the bar so high that every following date will be a disappointment.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 11:39 PM   #5
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Well as long as he keeps the bar high, no worries of disappointment!!

I dunno much about cutesy stuff, maybe you should bring her a stuffed animal or something like that.

Actually, I take that back. For me, at least, its more what you DO than what you bring..take her somewhere pretty, or someplace that has personal significance to you, and share it with HER...you get my point. Chicks are sentimental- we like it when you share yourself...not your wallet (at least the halfway decent ones).

If you don't know her that well, there really isn't anything wrong with bringing some pretty flowers...just shows that you thought about the date beforehand, and does NOT mean you have to pop out a bouquet every time. However, it would be nice to do something special everytime you see her, even if its picking a wildflower or some other small surprise like that...with girls, it IS the thought that counts. Why do you think our mothers love the GODAWFUL art we made in kindeygarden??
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 12:00 AM   #6
MustangKelly96
Registered Member

Smile

It's been a VERY long time since my dating years(married going on 12yrs now) but I'll try.

What about a singing Teddy Gram, or maybe have it announced on a local radio station and dedicate a song to her. Or maybe rose petals on/in her car and an airplane banner? LOL Probably not enough time for that one. Or if time allowed, a billboard. Hope to have been some help.

Kelly
MustangKelly96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 01:27 AM   #7
The Deuce
Registered Member

Default Office Space...

My hope is that you have seen it. If you have, just pull a Peter Gibbons, if you haven't read on...
This guy Peter wants to ask this waitress out. So instead of being all cutesy and crap he walks right up to her and says, "I'd like to take you out to dinner." It is actually the plan I have had the most sucsess with. It will catch her off guard, and for some reason impress her. I don't pretend to understand women, and some other people may jump on me for this, but if you tell her what you want she will likely respond positively.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 02:09 AM   #8
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

I always liked the one liners myself.

Hey, have you been losing weight? Everytime I see you , you look great! bla bla bla.

Everytime I see you my day brightens up! bla bla bla.

I lost my number,,can I have yours? Ok maybe not that one.

These are great ice breakers And should only be used sparingly. After marrige they can be thrown out. hehe.

Rose's not no,, but heck no. The flower shop has other types of arangements that better suit first time deals. But only when you pick her up would I give them. The Cemetery usually has slightly used flowers at a good price.....

Geez Im in trouble if wife reads this.
mustangII460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 02:40 AM   #9
PKRWUD

Alright, that does it. I have a favorite list of pick up lines, but of the 25, at least half can't be typed here. I'll start a new Joke of the Day thread with the ones that I hope are acceptable for this kind of public forum. Use them at your own risk.

Take care,
-Chris

P.S. Anyone who wants the unedited version, send me an email.

pkrwuds@pacbell.net
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 05-15-2002, 04:24 AM   #10
PKRWUD

I gotta say, I'm kinda surprised that Topless hasn't left her thoughts on the subject...

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 05-15-2002, 07:45 AM   #11
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Thumbs down OK DAMMIT! I SPENT AN HOUR ON THIS..it got wiped out

Hey Ben...
First of all, I want to tell you , I spent a ******* hour on this and MW crashed on me....and not ONLY me!!!! so....this reply might be subpar to what I was hoping to post, but im pissed off right now and i"m out of cigarettes and Im NOT a HAPPY CAMPER.....

OK.....(I was alot nicer and gentler in the first post!)....FLOWERS ARE GOOD!!!!!!! every woman loves flowers. The more the better.... :\ hahaha. (sorry, i'm trying to humor myself at the same time!) Forget the teddy bears and candy..... as for asking out for a date, go for a bunch of flowers and then when you pick her up have a single rose....Not that I've ever expierienced that, but I think that would be really cool and you will have her hooked right off the bat!...
Im not letting my PC problems influence me in this post ya know!
As you know, WOMEN are emotional beings..some of us MUCH more so than others...its not something we can help..just something 'inbred' in us...(sorry, I"m still pissed off about losing that whole reply and having to type it over!) so.....
KEEP IN MIND...this is all IMO....she might be totally different to me,(which, shes probably about 20 years younger, so , ya, thats a good possibility!) IF IT WERE ME>.......It would mean more to me for someone to be VERY respectful, and ATTENTIVE, and just in general, enjoy my company.... i could care less about a $100 dinner....some of us would rather be at the track and enjoying the company of some one that could enjoy us as well. Just respect her, and be a friend t o her, and dont talk down to her.
just a little affection!! You'll be surprised what can do for you!!!
Good luck to ya...I"m outta here its toooooo figgin late!!~~~

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 07:59 AM   #12
PKRWUD

That was worth the wait.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 05-15-2002, 08:11 AM   #13
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Lightbulb

6T9:

Flowers are great but roses aren't necessary, and could be considered overkill. Check out the florist for some ideas.

I don't believe you need to make a production out of this or try so hard to be unique and clever. If you know the girl well enough to know what she likes, use that in your 'presentation' but above all, show her you're interested in her and tell her why. If you don't know why or can't articulate it, this will probably be a one-time date, anyway.

I can appreciate your attempt to do something different here but a teenaged girl may not even appreciate some over-the-top stunt that puts her a little too much 'on the spot' unless she's quite needy or an extrovert who craves attention beyond what's reasonable.

Be sincere, don't worry so much about being 'different' and just say what you feel.

Good luck.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2002, 08:24 PM   #14
Rev
Registered Member

I agree with Mr 5 0, mostly. Just be yourself. Put your best foot forward, and let things fall where they may.

Believe it or not, both you and this new girl, might not really want the relationship to develope further.

Just let things develope naturally, or let it fade into oblivian. It's like the Darwin theory where the strong relationships survive, and the others......

My thoughts.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote