MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-14-2002, 08:05 PM   #21
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Quote:
Originally posted by Mustangbelle306

Michelins baby
Yeah.. Michelins are real good too!
Old 05-14-2002, 08:10 PM   #22
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Not good news, Derek. I was wondering why you haven't been around on the Mustangworks in a while. Didn't know if it was not having a stang or another reason. Hope you recover quickly.

Mustangbelle306, I really think the last thing anybody in Derek's position needs is a scolding. Quite frankly, I think it was downright rude and way too late for you to tell him he was riding unsafe. Talk about kicking somebody when they are down.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 08:17 PM   #23
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by Unit 5302
Mustangbelle306, I really think the last thing anybody in Derek's position needs is a scolding. Quite frankly, I think it was downright rude and way too late for you to tell him he was riding unsafe. Talk about kicking somebody when they are down.
Didn't mean it to come across that way, I apologize if it did . The only reason I said anything at all is because of numerous conversations that Derek and I have had in the past. You weren't present for these conversations, so I understand your comment
As always, you are entitled to feel however you'd like about my posts .

Although I feel that the type of riding Derek talked about was extremely unsafe and hazardous to himself and others, I do concur that it is not my place to "scold" him, so I will delete my previous post.

Belle
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 08:40 PM   #24
spinemup
Registered Member

hey guys...belle is right she has told me if i dont slow down i will end up like this. so here i am.... UGH. ill be back on the road by next year.

here is some more advice.... my joe rocket gloves, alpinestar jacket, boots, and long pants all helped to minimize my injuries. so always wear your gear. i highly advise a nice helmet. my ARAI helmet saved my life.

michelin pilot sports all the way baby!!! i say skip the katana and get a honda F3 or a gsxr 600 spend a little more get a much better bike.

THE MIGHTY NOTCH STOLEN!!!!
aol instant message= spinemup91

getting a syclone or a bike (not sure yet)
spinemup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 10:44 PM   #25
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by spinemup
hey guys...belle is right she has told me if i dont slow down i will end up like this. so here i am.... UGH. ill be back on the road by next year.

here is some more advice.... my joe rocket gloves, alpinestar jacket, boots, and long pants all helped to minimize my injuries. so always wear your gear. i highly advise a nice helmet. my ARAI helmet saved my life.

michelin pilot sports all the way baby!!! i say skip the katana and get a honda F3 or a gsxr 600 spend a little more get a much better bike.
Well D I had hoped I'd be wrong!!! I'm just really happy that you are hopping back on the winged beast, and learning from this terrible ordeal!

Oh whatever, you know you wish YOU had a Katana instead of a 929! BTW, don't forget to slap an Erion Racing sticker on your 'chair!!

Belle
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 02:19 PM   #26
kiku2sleep
Registered Member

My 1st bike was a 92 can-0-tuna. I bought it for 2500 in 97. It was a good bike to learn on (although kind of heavy) I dropped it a couple times broke a mirror and put a few minor scratches on it. I ended up selling it for 2000 so I didn't really loose much on the deal. What ever you do DON'T BE A SQUID get some gear and keep the rubber side down.

Why we are at it you guys/girls post pics of your bikes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg me & car.jpg (35.3 KB, 31 views)
Old 05-15-2002, 02:54 PM   #27
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Quote:
Originally posted by kiku2sleep

Why we are at it you guys/girls post pics of your bikes.
Good idea!
That's a beautiful GSXR, btw!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yellow vert.jpg (36.5 KB, 26 views)
Old 05-15-2002, 03:07 PM   #28
1fastchick
Registered Member

www.cycleforums.com

1968 Fastback "Gidget"

Last edited by 1fastchick; 05-15-2002 at 03:14 PM..
1fastchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 05:19 PM   #29
Tod
Registered Member

well folks, the votes have been tallied and the final score is in. and now i can say that i will start shopping for my gear because well, I'M GETTING IT!!!! yea baby. can't say it all now for the sake of time (because i have none ) but i will be back either tonight or tomorrow night but my next 2 days will be freaking busy. as for now though, all i have to do is tell me friend he's got a deal. thanks for everyone's VERY helpful advice and support, i'm sure i'll be asking MANY questions in every area of this situation so get ready heh.

be back after a bit........