MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2002, 02:59 PM   #21
explicitone
Registered Member

just put it this way a TRUE mustang lover is not going to bash the 5.0 because his car has a 4.6 and the other way a around let the little kids that mommy and daddy bought them this new mustang give it a year they will want something else just remember the love we have our cars and props we give to those that earn it and let the ricestang lovers do as they please cause they will have to learn the same way the import crowd is starting to that stickers and big 5ft tall wings dont do crap for the looks or the power of the car....

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
Old 06-26-2002, 04:28 PM   #22
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

All this stereotyping crap is getting old. Who the **** is 'them' and 'they'???? I own a 5.0 and a 4.6 with a total of 0 stickers...
Old 06-26-2002, 04:48 PM   #23
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by blue00gt
I own a 5.0 and a 4.6 with a total of 0 stickers...
Talk about indecisive!!!

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 06-26-2002, 05:01 PM   #24
shadowblue89
Registered Member

Just get over it!! It's a MUSTANG that should be good enough no matter whats under the hood.

UNIT:
No matter what type of vehicle you love(mine is the mustang) there will always be someone who turns it into rice, destroys it or just don't understand what they really have. Yeah they do ruin the image of a true muscle car. Just let those people be as they have no clue to begin with and it's not going to stop anytime soon.

Oh yeah I have 2 stickers on mine. They just happen to say D.S.S. Competion Products and I do have their short block under my hood.

89 GT 5spd

Last edited by shadowblue89; 06-26-2002 at 05:32 PM..
Old 06-26-2002, 05:07 PM   #25
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by shadowblue89
Oh yeah I have 2 stickers on mine. They jusy happen to say D.S.S. Competion Products and I do have their short block under my hood.
Show off.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 06-26-2002, 05:21 PM   #26
shadowblue89
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD

Show off.

Naaaa not me. I would never

89 GT 5spd
Old 06-26-2002, 05:24 PM   #27
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Why do these stupid threads always end up in personal exemptions? Unit was just ventin', let the guy say his peace...you're not a ricey 4.6? GOOD. But let's not ALL FREEKIN POST ABOUT IT
Old 06-26-2002, 05:32 PM   #28
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mustangbelle306
Why do these stupid threads always end up in personal exemptions? Unit was just ventin', let the guy say his peace...you're not a ricey 4.6? GOOD. But let's not ALL FREEKIN POST ABOUT IT
Yeah! I'm not rice. I own both engines. The GT has tons of stickers, the Cobra has none. So what's your point.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
Old 06-26-2002, 05:33 PM   #29
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by StoplightWarrior

Yeah! I'm not rice. I own both engines. The GT has tons of stickers, the Cobra has none. So what's your point.

oh all the times I've wished for a big ol middle finger smiley
Old 06-26-2002, 06:25 PM   #30
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Exclamation Vents and comments about vents

Quote:
Originally posted by Mustangbelle306

When anyone posts in an open public forum - especially when the post is enigmatic, as Unit's was - other members will naturally post comments. That's what the forum is for, opinions and comments.

No harm done that I can see and Unit 5302 has so far ignored the posts, as is his right., so why would you - or anyone - be annoyed?
It's just opinions and you know what they say about opinions.

Thought you might.
Old 06-26-2002, 08:53 PM   #31
rbatson

I understand his venting, I get it. Don't forget where you came from and alot of the guys buying mustangs now are too young to know what you are talking about. Young guys, neon lights, clear tail lights, NAWWSSSS.. they have no idea what the heck they are talking about.

I actually went and drove a new GT in 99 and I was VERY IMPRESSED! It actually pulled as hard as my aod'd vert with a blower.. no track around but I knew that sucker was a 13.8s car just by the feel of it. I actually got in a race with a guy with an import, ON THE TEST DRIVE! I looked over at the sales guy and said "sorry about that".... He said "Its nice riding with someone that actually knows how to drive one of these things, don't worry about it"

Kell, there are alot of guys that buy these cars that don't have a clue and I'm sure there was a stupid post that prompted your thead.. You don't get classified as a dumbass by the car you drive Don't sweat it! If you decide to sell it... I'll give you half what ever the market value is on it

Old 06-26-2002, 09:11 PM   #32
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by rbatson
Don't sweat it! If you decide to sell it... I'll give you half what ever the market value is on it
...and a buck.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 06-26-2002, 09:33 PM   #33
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Default Re: Vents and comments about vents

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr 5 0

When anyone posts in an open public forum - especially when the post is enigmatic, as Unit's was - other members will naturally post comments. That's what the forum is for, opinions and comments.

No harm done that I can see and Unit 5302 has so far ignored the posts, as is his right., so why would you - or anyone - be annoyed?
It's just opinions and you know what they say about opinions.

Thought you might.
Thanks for the info, I was just playing around anyways, since this happens everytime 5.0 vs 4.6 comes up.

I know exactly what it feels like to be indigant about being lumped into a group judgement. Just as its ok to have an opinion, I am well within my rights to seem "annoyed"

Belle
Old 06-26-2002, 10:10 PM   #34
82 GT
Import Slayer

Unit, are you going to grace us with your presence on this post again or what? You just can't come out with a remark like that and then go hide your face and give no reason whatsoever for making that statement.
If you thought the 4.6 was rice then maybe you should have thought harder before you bought that new stang........right?
'82 GT 351W (.060)Comp Cams 274* Extreme Energy cam, ported & polished heads w/ 1.94/1.60 valves 10.3:1 flat top pistons,stealth intake, Mallory dizzy,Holley 750dp carb, BBK shorties,Flowmaster exhaust,C-4 with 3700 stall converter, B&M pro shifter,8.8 rear, 4:10's, subframes, electric fan, powermaster alternator, 4 core radiator.
Old 06-26-2002, 10:11 PM   #35
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Exclamation Rights

Belle:

Your right to be annoyed as frequently as you wish and for any reason will not be abridged.

All others retain their right to make comments as you exercise your right to be annoyed.

All right?

I think we're done here.

Old 06-26-2002, 10:25 PM   #36
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by 82 GT
Unit, are you going to grace us with your presence on this post again or what? You just can't come out with a remark like that and then go hide your face and give no reason whatsoever for making that statement.
If you thought the 4.6 was rice then maybe you should have thought harder before you bought that new stang........right?
I haven't seen him on the boards since probably that post was made, so chill...I think he's just been away for whatever reason...hell, when have you EVER known Unit to not post up a storm on a heated topic???

Mr. 5.0: Yes, I believe we've been done
Old 06-26-2002, 10:52 PM   #37
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Let's hope Unit didn't park his car in his garage close it, and let it run while sitting in it. Poor guy probably killed himself. Hey Unit, I'll give ya a straight trade my Mustang for yours. =) Hell of a deal guy. =) I know you like my stang, and It's a 5.8L!

lol
Hope your ok bud, don't worry we're all watching out after ya. =)

§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
Old 06-27-2002, 01:03 AM   #38
The Deuce
Registered Member

Anybody else notice that Unit's Avatar is gone? It just says Senior Member. He he, seen your member. That sounds pretty funny.

Seriously Kell, step away from the 302. Go see Joe's grandma and she'll make it all better. We could even call the bartender for you.

I drive two imports, and I get lumped in with the worst crowd of posers this side of Tokyo. You got pinned by Gov, eh?

Seriously though, what's going on? Let us know if you need anything, like a nice bi-plane wing or something.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
Old 06-27-2002, 01:43 PM   #39
Tod
Registered Member

all this without Unit actually explaining himself.......

why not wait until he does so, so as to not make some people indignant towards each other regarding the 5.0 and the 4.6. both are engines in a MUSTANG. if it's in a Mustang and it runs like a scared rabbit, it's JUST FINE.

so Unit, what's up man?
Old 06-28-2002, 02:34 AM   #40
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Well, I dont own a 5.0. But I do own a pretty wicked 4.7L (289), and a 4.6L. I love them both. Driving them is like night and day diffrence.

We had an argument very similar to this at our hang out, and Tim C was dragged into it (99 Aniv ed GT). They wanted him to race a bolt on 94 Cobra. Funny thing is, the guys that were set up to race werent even part of the argument.

Most of the crew I hang out with has the 99+ 4.6's, but we also have two 5.0 drivers, a 3.8 F-Bod, a S2000, and guess what...We all get along.

I've had many of people before races say I had no chance a winning because my car has a "Slow", or "Turd" 4.6 Liter.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Closed Thread