MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-19-2001, 03:30 PM   #41
jimberg
Registered Member

I saw the "making of" promo show on HBO or one of those channels. They seem to think the chemical formula for nitrous oxide is NOS so they refer to nitrous as "noss". The drivers don't have speedos since they can feel how fast they're going. This probably explains why Honda Civic drivers think they can go 160. They don't have rear view mirrors since they never look back.

If you know a thing or two about cars, you'll definitely be fidgeting in your seat. I'm going to see it, though. Since I have such low expectations I might actually enjoy it.
jimberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 03:36 PM   #42
suprafly
Registered Member

I love when you guys post about everyone else acting like there cars are so bad. sounds a bit hypocritical, when you start talking like that.

I do agree that this movie is gonna give the true "ricer" an ego, but for real enthusiasts, they will keep a level head that its just a movie.
Just enjoy the movie, take it with a grain of salt no flame intended guys. I am a devoted mustang lover

------------------
chris
-94 Supra TT/6sp BPU
-99 GS-T
suprafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 06:10 PM   #43
Power
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by suprafly:
...Just enjoy the movie, take it with a grain of salt...
In reference to this comment I would like to add that this always applies to all things. Whatever particualar area work in, any movies about that are nothing but comic material. When I joined the military all military movies except a couple instantly became hilarious. Likewise, I'm sure cops that trasport prisoners got a good laugh out of Conair, and etc. Hollywood does a poor job on hitting reality. I'm sure it will be the same way with this movie. Go and see it, but always remember its a movie and hollywood made it to entertain and not to follow facts. I will go and see it, just because I like car movies and they are few and far between.

Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2001, 07:34 PM   #44
mizturyous
Registered Member

I am sorry to inform you displacement boys but if you look really close when the Cuda pops the wheelie............it has a little help. They put a mechanical arm under it that springs out with 2 wheels on it to lift the car up. It look cool but in all reality............its a FAKE WHEELIE. Sorry
mizturyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2001, 09:57 PM   #45
venumus93
Registered Member

I agree...never will be fully realistic since it's a movie. I'll see it Sat night with a friend from work who cant stand ricers either, but it will be amusing, sort of like a comedy! Racing is always great to watch as well...

------------------
sdp93Cobra#3974
venumus93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2001, 01:56 PM   #46
Rick 91GT
Procharged!

Well it opens here tonight and my friend got advanced tickets so a whole bunch of us are going to check it ttu tonight....nothing to loose.

------------------
Check Out My Site 91GT,Holley SysteMAX II Kit-Heads 2.02" x 1.60" port matched to a 1262,Anderson N-61,24#,76mm C&L,Full MAC exhaust 1-5/8" Long tubes,2-1/2" O.R H-Pipe,2 1/2" cat back, No A/C or PS or emissions, 12" K&N Filter,RNH PERFORMANCE Ram Air,Ron Davis Radiator,Full Suspension,S&W 8pt "X" brace,JAZ seats,3:73's,Welds..etc,4:30's and 31 splines coming very soon! FIRST TIME OUT 12.16@111 WHEELS-UP
Rick 91GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2001, 03:43 PM   #47
SHaFT7
Registered Member

Cool

i'm going tonite w/ my honda-lovin roommate

------------------
SHaFTed

91GT, 2 chamber flows, dumps, 70MM BBK TB, K&N conical, Robert Shaw tstat, Hurst short throw, T5, 17" Lexani Roma wheels, 235/40/R17 on front, 255/45/R17 on back, mach1 hood, LX tail lights, bright red!
SHaFT7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2001, 04:18 PM   #48
dinomite
The Dude

I'll be the guy in the back "what the *****? a cam has nothing to do with your suspension!" and i'm sure many of the people on the board will be doing the same thing.

I understand all you people that say "its just a movie, it can't be perfect/realistic" but there are many movies that ARE really well done, and for all the hype around this one i'd think they could at least not spin the tires on that wheelie, or sh1t like that. Presently i think of "antitrust" myself and a number of my geeky friends (i'm a geek too) went to see that, and were thoroughly impressed with its accuracy, so i have expectations that hollywood isn't that bad.

This is gonna be a rice bullsh1t movie, but as one of my friends said when i told him that:
"are you gonna go see it?" 'yes' i responded "well then they made their money"
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 12:35 AM   #49
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Quote:
Originally posted by mizturyous:
I am sorry to inform you displacement boys but if you look really close when the Cuda pops the wheelie............it has a little help. They put a mechanical arm under it that springs out with 2 wheels on it to lift the car up. It look cool but in all reality............its a FAKE WHEELIE. Sorry
Whoever said it was real? Matter of fact I remember people acknowledging it was fake!

------------------
Joe! 1988 GT, 167,000 miles!!! 13.58@105mph Check out my listing! Click here! Or my website:www.joe4speed.com
99 Ninja ZX-6R:10.32@135mph!
1993 Olds Eighty Eight LSS 16.40@88.8mph
joe4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 01:12 AM   #50
FivepointOH
Registered Member

Just finished seeing this movie.... my critique... definately a ricer movie... all the cars in it where rice(except the charger) and somehow all the rice seemed to run 10's and they all ran turbos with huge amounts of nos on top of it and blew their engines every other race. It was a street racing movie though so I have to say it was pretty good just because it was a movie about street racing. After the movie I swear I heard at least 50 pathetic burnouts by ricers and redneck trucks... my ex girlfriend drove(i've been drinking a little) so I didn't get into any races. Anyway go see it.

------------------
92 AOD GT, K&N, ram air, pulleys, 2 ch. flowmasters, 4:10's, shift kit, 1 5/8 mac longtubes and offroad hpipe 14.249 @ 97.34 mph before the headers and hpipe
FivepointOH is offline   Reply With Quote