MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-18-2001, 08:05 PM   #1
Stangman95
Registered Member

Question 911 on a 411 ASAP!!!

I just got a question to anyone. I have a 95 GT (5.0) and I have a feeling that the drivetrain and engine prolly needs a major overhaul already. The shifting's already hesitating (AT) and the engine seems to be getting a little too hot nowadays. Does anyone know where I can get more info regarding this matter? And how much would it cost me? Please feel free to give me advice regarding this. Thanks.
Stangman95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 11:17 PM   #2
Old Guy with 87 GT
Registered Member

best thing to do is to start researcing the local shops around your area.....u could use the phone book,make some calls to compare prices,thats the best way to find out a genral idea of how much the work you want done will cost you

when deciding what shops to go with defanatly researce and compare local shops and there reputations....one good way to do that is start going to local race events,or carshows.....the local drag strip is usually a great way to find info....you can see what cars are running the best and find out who did there work .you can also ask opinions about what work to do....alot of shops in my area have cars that they race ,so i can talk right to the guy doing the work and see samples of what that shop did......car shows are also good to get ideas and to talk to other mustang owners

am i making sense....you can get info from computer but we have to know more about what you want to do(what your goal for the car is),what the cars doing,and acting like,and where your from....for tech advise to maybe find a solution to shifting and running hot,we need to know more(sounds like it could be simple problems)

you might be better off posting tech problems on windsor power...find more help there

------------------
old guy with 87 gt....well not so old guy
87gt,T top -155,000 on odometer-mods-2 1/2 ex,cold air(home made),adj.clutch 5.0 shifter,kyb shocks,and a stereo that can overcome the wind noise at 100 mph with the T tops off(he he)......also got/78,6banger,mustang/80 capri(future project)
Old Guy with 87 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2001, 07:29 AM   #3
HiFlow5 0
Registered Member

ok well if your tranny has been driven hard it may need to be rebuilt. check the fluid, or maybe have the filter changed (it could be clogged!) as for the engine, it could be running warm cause of the tranny. if the tranny isn't working right, your making the engine work harder to move your car, therefor running warmer. u could also need a coolant change, thermostat, water pump, or the fan clutch could be going. start by flushing the coolant system and changing the thermostat. then bring the car to a tranny shop, they can put it on a mechine and check the tranny to see what could be wrong.

------------------
89 GT AOD w/ shift kit, B&M rachet shifter, Trickflow intake, Crane (E-type) cam, 70Tb, 75MAF, 1.6 Rockers, Pulleys, MAC headers and H-pipe, Dynomax mufflers, K&N, 3 core radiator, custom interior, cobra R rims
MY89GT
HiFlow5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2001, 11:42 PM   #4
Stangman95
Registered Member

Thumbs up

To you fellas who answered my queries, thank you very much. I'll be looking to the things you guys suggested. I'm not too mechanically inclined so I'll be doing a little bit of research. Thanks again and God Bless!!!
Stangman95 is offline   Reply With Quote