MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-12-2001, 02:42 PM   #41
84stangLX

I can respect people's opinions of having children and i also REALLY respect anyone who puts in the time to raise children right and to make sure they're loved and to spend time with them. I'm not obsessed with material possesions, they're nice but i'm more interested in security. I'd love to travel and to basically "see the world" and i also like having lots of "quiet time", i'm a real private person and always have been. I also understand how people feel that something is "lacking" in their life or decide that life is meaningless unless they have THEIR OWN kid, but i'd rather be financially set and ready to spend lots of time with a child as well as have a concrete relationship with a woman before getting a child, whether it's the fruit of my loins or someone elses. I'm not saying that you can't be a great parent without these things, it's just i'd want to commit fully to a child. Now to the point that at this time in my life i can't see myself having a child because i am VERY far from settling down, i can see a distant "possibility" of me wanting a rugrat in the distant future, but i'd actually rather adopt. Since i live in seattle, just about 50% of women over 20 have kids so finding a kid without a dad is no problem either. I guess i just don't understand people who think I HAVE TO HAVE KIDS, or who are certain i'll change my mind. I may, and i understand that i may, but probably not. I'd much rather regret not being able to produce a child of my own than to bring an unwanted child into this world.

*I just want to point out that i respect all the comments made in this post

------------------
'84 Mustang 5.0 LX
My car
Old 06-12-2001, 03:20 PM   #42
JM90GT
Registered Member

Try this one on. My wife of 6 years and my girlfriend of a little over a year, yep at the same time just a couple months apart. I promise I am not a bad guy just not to bright when it comes to keeping it in my pants.

I'm in a real pickle.
JM90GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 01:27 PM   #43
Harry
Registered Member

Cool

Wow, what a very timely subject. After years of infertility stuff, my wife and I are in the process of adopting. Probably around September we will be traveling to Russia to pick up a little boy and girl. Yes, two!!!!

It was a long and hard decision for us both. We decided that we really want to have children. We played for a lot of years, and we are no-way the most financially responsible people. In fact I often wake in the night wondering how we are going to pay all our bills we have now, plus provide for two children. But I know we will make it, and that makes me happy.

Yes, we broke down and bought a minivan, but at least it was a Ford!!!! And we have talked about getting rid of the mustang when the kids come (Oh no! Hope Dan still lets me be a moderator!). There are always some give and take when you make a big decision like this. Whether the mustang stays or not, I don't know right now, but it probably will stay. You just have to maintain a balance of responsibility and pleasure throughout your life.

So, I guess you can definately count me in as one that wants kids!!

Hmmm, with all this talk of minivans, maybe Dan should start a minivan forum? What do you think, Dan?

------------------
See my 1985 Mustang GT

[This message has been edited by Harry (edited 06-14-2001).]
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2001, 09:36 AM   #44
btr
Registered Member

When I was young, I didn't like kids, but always thought I'd have them when I got older. After college, 10 years of marriage, house, cars, etc. we finally have two kids. I still don't like other people's kids much, but love my own. I wouldn't have done it any other way.
btr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2001, 10:07 PM   #45
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Red face

Quote:
Originally posted by JM90GT:
Try this one on. My wife of 6 years and my girlfriend of a little over a year, yep at the same time just a couple months apart. I promise I am not a bad guy just not to bright when it comes to keeping it in my pants.

I'm in a real pickle.
OMG!!!!!! Sounds like your in a little bit of a bind!!!!! Do they both know about each other???? I cant wait to hear how this one turns out!!!!

------------------
1994 GT.Convertible/Performance Red. Cold Air Ind.,K&N,H.P. Pulleys,OffRoad H-Pipe,Flows,3.55,Light bar,Custom HeadRests.Lotta Chrome
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2001, 12:23 AM   #46
T_Bone
Registered Member

My wife had a little boy before we got married. We were both waiting tables at Red Lobster, and I was going to a technical school where I earned an Avionics Diploma. I was 20 when we got married, and she was pregnant w/ OUR first. I adopted the oldest. Now we have three boys, all 19 months apart. 7, 5, and 4. Yes, we have our hands full, but 3 years ago it was much worse. It keeps getting better as they grow more independent.

I'm now 26, a SSgt in the Air Force, live in a nice house, have the Cobra, a Windstar, and a Prelude in the driveway. Inside, we have all the toys(big boy's and little boy's). Believe me, we don't do without anything. If we want something, we get it.

My point is...kids(even 3) don't stop me from being successful and having fun. Kids are great sometimes...sometimes not. I always wanted kids. We originally planned on having 5, but quickly changed our minds after the third was born. I had a vasectomy, so there is no chance of having another .

And they should all be out of the house by the time I'm 41. At about the same time, I'll be able to retire from the AF. Then my wife and I will be able to buy an RV and travel the country, lol, j/k....Yes, I have my life planned out already.

------------------
Travis
T-Bones 1997 Cobra#6342 born 6-11-97

Wht/blk, Pro 5.0,FRPP 4.56's, aluminum driveshaft, FRPP throttle body, C&L 80mm MAF, K&N, Steeda U/D pulleys, Steeda timing adjuster, Borla cat-back, BBK cat H-pipe, SFC's, FRPP pro springs, BBK caster/cambers.
Best 1/8 E.T.-8.983 on street tires

T_Bone is offline   Reply With Quote