MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-13-2001, 06:31 AM   #61
Mach 1
Registered Member

The simple fact that a chevy guy has to come here to try to boost his ego speaks for itself. If your so happy with your camaro's, why do you need our opinion or approval? Go out and get waxed by a few 5.0 fox bodies then come back home, if you dont need the tow truck.

We all like Fords better, for whatever our reasons are, it doesnt matter, does it? Its a passion, and this argument could go on forever, so sometimes its pointless to start something like this.

My .02.

GM has the worst build quality in the world (except maybe the Koreans)so if that is what you like, more power to you. Do I think Ford is the best car on the road? No way, not a chance. Do I think Fords are superior to anything GM makes? Without a doubt.

------------------
1993 GT/AOD
'93 Mustang GT
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2001, 09:06 AM   #62
jimberg
Registered Member

If I could afford it, I would probably buy a BMW M5 for driving around town.

The Mustang would still be my project car.

------------------
351W 89 Mustang GT Convertible
jimberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2001, 09:18 AM   #63
dinomite
The Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Token Right Guy:

Huh? Mustang II lighter than a CRX? My CRX Si, with A/C weighs under 2100 lbs. It's not a stoplight terror, you're right about that. It isn't supposed to be. Stock CRX 1/4 mile times are in the low to mid 16 range.
If you don't think a CRX Si can't show its taillights to a 914 on an autocross course, well that's your opinion & you're entitled to it. I've driven both, & I know the truth.
You also said "ricers are not fast". No kidding. That does not mean that all imports are slow, though. Also you said "you need a V8, baaad". Maybe he has a V8 as well. You're allowed to own more than one car.
We now return you to your 'Ford vs. Chevy' debate. Thanks for listening.
Ya, my vote would be for the 914 over the crx. But on to the real issue, the comment of "you need a V8, baaad", the guy has stated previously that he has a v6 mustang and a crx Sh1tty inside (si), if he had another car, he would have mentioned it.
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2001, 10:44 AM   #64
Token Right Guy
Registered Member

Okay, Dinomite, I missed the part where he listed his cars. ..."CRX Sh1tty Inside (Si)"...aren't you clever? I don't know why you feel the need to denigrate another person's choice of car, but I don't care either. Odd how you glaze right over the part where you say a Mustang II is lighter than a Honda, & go straight to name-calling.

There's a lot of really cool people in this forum- some drive Fords, some drive Chevrolets, some drive imports. Have a nice day.
(edit):Looking back over the comments, I see you didn't say the Mustang II weight comment, UNIT5302 did. I stand by the rest of my post.

[This message has been edited by Token Right Guy (edited 05-13-2001).]
Token Right Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2001, 11:29 AM   #65
LT1 Z28
Registered Member

This tread sucks.
LT1 Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 12:57 AM   #66
Blk89GT
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mach 1:

We all like Fords better, for whatever our reasons are, it doesnt matter, does it? Its a passion, and this argument could go on forever, so sometimes its pointless to start something like this.
This is the one thought out of everything written in this thread that i whole-heartedly agree with. Nothing annoys me more than people who come into a forum, any forum, and tell the people there what they should like or tell them that the cars they are interested in suck. Honestly, i don't like the Mustang guys who go to Chevy forums and start arguments either. I have friends who own and race Camaros and of course i have friends who own and race Stangs. We joke around with one another about which is better, and if the above posts were just joking between friends and competitors that would be cool. But instead this is just an argument where both sides like a certain car and they think if they say "mines better than yours" enough times; they will convince their opposition to agree with them. Sorry this post is so long. But i read post after post of childish name calling in this online pi$$ing contest, and i just wanted to give my response. Now please don't let this post stop you guys from flaming one another and probably me now as well. You certainly seem to enjoy it. By the way, i apologize to the few guys from both camps who have been genuinely respectful to everyone in this thread. This rant is not aimed at you.

------------------
'89 GT- Pro 5.0 shifter, alum. driveshaft, C/F Dual-Fric. Clutch, BBK shorties, MAC H-Pipe, Dynomax Super Turbo Cat-Back, more to come...
Blk89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 01:54 AM   #67
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve2000SS:
an LS1 in no more a "slomaro" than a 4.6 mustang is a "rustang".. name calling is for little kids.. You have a "too many mods to list" and you manage a 13.7 1/4 mile?.. So if my low 13 sec Camaro is slow then what are you?
Slomaro is what I've been calling them ever since I owned one. Nothing really sincere about the name, and even if my car ran 16's I'd still call them that. I have friends with Slomaro's, and they don't get offended by it so why are you?

And the reason my car only ran a 13.730 is because my traction lock and clutch was worn out and the car spun badly off the line. Look at the MPH. There was more time to be taken off with more tuning and different shift points even with the traction problem but the tranny let go before I could try any more runs. 125,000 miles of abuse finally showed it's ugly face. That was over a month ago when that run was made and there have been a few more mods and lightening since then. My car is easily a 12 second car now so you are still slow.

------------------
Too much to list. Best ET on the car so far with stock 2.73 gears - 13.73@102mph

Indiana Stangers Association
Buy your parts here
ICQ# 42269241
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 02:24 AM   #68
jimberg
Registered Member

To me, Slomaros and Slostangs are Camaros and Mustangs that don't have dual exhaust (older models are the exception). They're the muscle car fakes. If it doesn't have a V8 in it, I don't consider it a Mustang or Camaro. What I really don't like is the current trend to blur the distinguishing features between the slow versions and the real versions. It's really hard to see a difference between a GT and a V6 Mustang from a distance now. Maybe I haven't paid enough attention, though, since I'm more into fox body Mustangs.

There...Now there's some fighten words.

Oh, and the way the old farts who buy Corvettes drive them, they may as well come out with a $20k version with a 4 banger in it so they don't waste all of those V8s. Maybe that would bring down the cost of the V8 Vettes.
jimberg is offline   Reply With Quote