MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-07-2001, 04:57 PM   #41
spinemup
Registered Member

is that all you base your life on???? do you have any other interests? i kind of think mustang tatoos are dumb because a tatoo symbolises your way of life. and if someone was to base thier whole life around a car i think its kinda silly. there are things that are more important,... your family, loved ones etc. mustangs are not that great they are just cheap and fast..... do you want to appear cheap and fast???? think about this, how many c-5 vette owners have chevy tatoos???? none, but the dirt rockers with big muddy trucks all have chevy power tatoos on them.... do you get my point? if you think about the design of the car....its really crappy, the suspension sux the engine is under powered the whole car needs to be modified before you even think of getting respect with it. the name "mustang" is just a legend that started with a cheap car that everyone could afford. it aint classy at all.
spinemup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 05:01 PM   #42
NoSlow5.0
YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!!

Thumbs up

YES YES YES YES YES YES !!! Light Em Up!!!
NoSlow5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 05:13 PM   #43
RedLilPony
It's been awhile, huh?

Angry

WAIT A MINUTE!!!

I thought you guys liked it? I mean I love it! And to tell you the truth, my life is based around Mustangs... I have trophies in my room, a 9 foot by 3 foot flaming pony poster up on my wall, ford boxers, mustang t-shirts, mustang ring... you name it! Yes I live for it because it's fun for me. I love car shows and going to the track with my car and playing with it!!! That's my life and I wanted to express it... I mean I love my mom but I don't want her face tattooed on me!

------------------
Jodi
AKA PonyGirl
Red 68 GT Fastback and Black 99 GT Coupe
"Not your average Mustangs..."
http://hometown.aol.com/redlilpony/Homepage.html

RedLilPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 07:12 PM   #44
lx mike
Undescribable

Jodi: it looks like you have already made up you mind that you are going to get it.

I say go for it, it's not like it is gonan be out in open for all to see, it is an expression of your love for mustangs.

------------------
93-LX: 5 Speed, Flow's with H-Pipe, 3.73's Sub's and K&N.
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 10:39 PM   #45
84_GT350
Registered Member

I say go for it. I've got a Cobra emblem tatooed on my right arm. Although, in 30 years if they don't make Stangs anymore or something nobody will know that's what it is. I've said it before...tatoos and/or body piercing should be a personal decision and as original as possible. I've got 4 tatoos currently and a few piercings but I've never seen anything that I have on another person (tatoo-wise). Just do some careful thinking and make sure that it's something you'll be able to live with in 30 years and won't be embarassed to show your kids (if you want them, that is).

On a seperate note, i think Godslayer and Mr 5.0 right. Chicks with tats have always turned me on. Just so long as they're tasteful, relatively small (which rather hypocritical since I've got 1/4 of my back done), and not in an area where they're constantly on display. You'll have to let us know how it turns out.

Steve

------------------
1984 1/2 GT350 (#842 Hatchback w/ T-tops), 302HO, Comp cams Xtreme Energy cam, Carter 625cfm carb, Weiand Stealth intake, MSD distributor, MSD coil, FMS 9mm wires, 1 5/8" MAC unequal shorties, 2 1/2" MAC Prochamber H-pipe, Flowmaster 2 chambers, KYBs, 16"x8" 4 lug Cobra Rs, Falken 245/45ZR16s

[This message has been edited by 84_GT350 (edited 03-07-2001).]
84_GT350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 11:20 PM   #46
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Hey hon! Just stumbled across this post, and I'll give you m y .02 cents since you NEVER email anymore (you promised you would call...*sob*) heh heh

Ordinarily I think tattoos on women were trashy, but I was ALSO considering getting the dang grille emblem on my lower back. I heard it hurts like a son of a b*tch, not to scare you. I guess it depends on the individual. I'm usually kinda stuffy about that stuff, but I took the plunge, and have have had my eyebrow tongue, and up until a couple of months ago my bellybutton. So..(here goes)...GO FOR IT!

------------------
Elisha (Mustang Chick Extraordinaire)
1994 GT/Saleen: GT-40 intake,4.10s, full exhaust, pulleys.
Sold the 1986 LX sedan
http://www.geocities.com/mustangbelle_306
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 11:25 PM   #47
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Ok I just looked at the link, and I am SURE that you should do it. I was going to get the exact same style, but of a dressage horse when I used to horseback ride before I could drive! (heheh I, too have spent many hours wondering what i would get a tattoo of)
I think its pretty elegant, or maybe I'm just biased because we have the same taste in body art and cars haha. Well, good luck with your decision hon! Let me know! and how is your prom dress coming?

------------------
Sold the 1986 LX sedan
Old 03-07-2001, 11:32 PM   #48
GTGrl00
Stang Chic Extraordinaire

Jodi and Belle,

Getting a tat on your lower back, I ain't gonna lie it does hurt. After awhile your skin gets all numb from the needle, you won't feel it anymore. When I got mine done on my lower back, it took about 3 hours and I was straddled over a chair so needless to say my new tat on my back was'nt the only thing that was sore. ;p

------------------
Yours in SPEED=======
Mandy aka GTGRL00
GTGrl00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 12:03 AM   #49
shawn p
Registered Member

I already have the running pony with bars. It's mine I say and no one can have it. Just kidding if you get it make sure you find someone that can chrome it I will post a picture tommorrow if I get the time.
shawn p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 12:35 AM   #50
rbatson

Quote:
Originally posted by Mustangbelle306:

have had my eyebrow tongue
What is that?? You have a piercing on your eyebrow or what?
Old 03-08-2001, 01:24 AM   #51
ricekilla
Registered Member

i got my last name tatted on my right shoulder, i got "live to ride" right under my collar bone and i got a sparrow right above my left pec. remember tats are permanent but after you have them for a while you dont even notice them. its your choice. the back is prob. the most painful place to put it.

------------------
71 vw bug, 1914 cc, 110 cam, counterbalanced crank, garret turbo, lowered on porsche alloys
ricekilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 01:29 AM   #52
ricekilla
Registered Member

hell yeah godslayer! you know why chics get tats on thier lower backs right? so when your knee leveling it you got something to look at! its the icing on the cake brotha!

------------------
71 vw bug, 1914 cc, 110 cam, counterbalanced crank, garret turbo, lowered on porsche alloys
ricekilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 03:15 AM   #53
84_GT350
Registered Member

As for the pain, it's nothing. Parts with more muscle hurt more than parts that don't. My back tat goes over my spine and when they did it I could hear the needle ticking on bone. That's some creepy sh!t but it didn't hardly hurt at all. All said it took ten hours straight through, stopping only for smoke breaks.

Hey Elisha - You've got you tongue and eyebrow done? VERY cool. I've got 2 in my tongue and my La Brea (between your chin and your bottom lip) and both my nipples (OUCH!). Girls with piercings kick @ss too as long as the stuff doesn't over run your face. Hehe.

------------------
1984 1/2 GT350 (#842 Hatchback w/ T-tops), 302HO, Comp cams Xtreme Energy cam, Carter 625cfm carb, Weiand Stealth intake, MSD distributor, MSD coil, FMS 9mm wires, 1 5/8" MAC unequal shorties, 2 1/2" MAC Prochamber H-pipe, Flowmaster 2 chambers, KYBs, 16"x8" 4 lug Cobra Rs, Falken 245/45ZR16s
84_GT350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 04:05 AM   #54
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

yes I have a hole in my eyebrow, and yes my parents hate it haha. It's not large or tacky, its on my website www.geocities.com/mustangbelle_306 under about me. I like it,its not too much. That's why I like piercings, because you can always take them out. I usually dont even keep my eyebrow ring in that much anymore. I think its cool because I look like the complete opposite of the stereotypical piercing ridden "freak" I guess. I hear I sometimes look like a prep from hell, oh well. GT350 I LOVE the snake thing, I saw that in Muscle Mustangs once I thought it was bad *** . Maybe I'm a dork to most people but I'm nutty for mustang tats!

------------------
Sold the 1986 LX sedan
Old 03-08-2001, 12:56 PM   #55
RedLilPony
It's been awhile, huh?

Talking

Well, a decision has been made!!!

Me and 3 of my friends are all gonna go get inked! We're going in exactly one week (next thursday) over spring break!

I can't wait!!! YEA Well, as for the pain, I think a good dose of codeen will take that away! heehee

I'll put pictures up and everything as soon as I can

------------------
Jodi
AKA PonyGirl

Old 03-09-2001, 12:16 AM   #56
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

Forget the codine. Just get a fifth of Wild Turkey. It'll cure any pain you got I guarantee it.

------------------
Indiana Stangers Association
Buy your parts here
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 01:01 AM   #57
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

haha that would be a great idea, but they told me they won't ink you if you're drunk bc alcohol is a blood thinner..too bad that's the best plan I've heard haha

------------------
Sold the 1986 LX sedan
AOL name: GT306Chick

Old 03-09-2001, 01:23 AM   #58
rokdog13
Registered Member

I would say that the only thing that keeps me from getting a tat is will i still like it 20 years from now when it has lost it's definition and clarity? and am i willing to go back several times to maintain it?
The best thing to do is get a tat that isnt real complex and it will last longer without having to be "touched up" alot as the years pass.

------------------
1982 Merc. Capri, stock with headers, for now.
rokdog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 08:58 AM   #59
mikew88gt
Registered Member

Smile

I hope Ford keeps making the Mustang a bad*** car. Your tattoo might look a little silly if they put the Mustang name on a front wheel drive 4 banger!

Good luck with it!
mikew88gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 11:49 AM   #60
RedLilPony
It's been awhile, huh?

Talking

I have already thought about what I would do if Ford screwed up the Mustang... I would have something added to it to speak of how it was.

------------------
Jodi
AKA PonyGirl