MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-13-2003, 01:14 PM   #21
inferno
The Instigator

Quote:
Originally posted by 96_4.6
I'm kinda mad Arnold won cause I want him to make some more movies cause his movies rock not one sucked!!
Twins, Jingle All the Way, Junior, Batman & Robin, and The Last Action Hero must have been movies that you missed.

My comment, it seems like I moved out of California at exactly the right time.
Old 10-13-2003, 01:53 PM   #22
StangFlyer
Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by inferno
Twins, Jingle All the Way, Junior, Batman & Robin, and The Last Action Hero must have been movies that you missed.
Whhhhaaaaat? You don't like Mr. "Arnold" Freeze...

Media Center Gallery - View my member photos
StangFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 06:00 PM   #23
84_GT350
Registered Member

Hehehe...pick you battles Dan. I think you'd be goin to that one unarmed.
1984 1/2 GT350 (#842 Hatchback w/ T-tops)
84_GT350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 03:30 PM   #24
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Lightbulb Governor Schwartzenegger

California Governor-elect Arnold Schwartzenegger will probably govern much as President Ronald Reagan did: by going to the people and over the heads of the Democrat legislature and the California government bureaucracy that is loaded to the gills with Davis-appointed bureaucrats looking to thwart Schwartzenegger at every turn. He has his work cut out for him but an improving economy will help and Arnold's leadership abilities will probably make the difference between his being an impotent Governor and an active, successful one. He'll be using both Executive Orders and the veto quite often, I'm certain...he'll have to.

As I see it, Californians are tired of being screwed over and having their collective will ignored by arrogant, corrupted but oh-so 'experienced' politicians. They clearly want change and when the Democrats stand in the way they'll be flattened. and Arnold Schwartzenegger will be driving the bulldozer, smoking a big cigar and saying: Hasta la Vista, Baby" Life is good.
Old 10-15-2003, 05:48 PM   #25
84_GT350
Registered Member

Default Re: Governor Schwartzenegger

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr 5 0
As I see it, Californians are tired of being screwed over and having their collective will ignored by arrogant, corrupted but oh-so 'experienced' politicians.
Ummm...I don't think that's limited solely to democrats. That's where this country got it wrong...picking sides politically. Both sides have horrible ideas and both sides have great ideas. Me personally, I'm pro-choice...but I also like my guns and tobacco (no, this is not an invitation for a debate, just staing a point). I guess I just need to create my own party cuz I'm not religious and I'm not in greenpeace.

BTW...good to see you're still around Mr 5.0. You're about the only one from this board I remember that I hadn't seen yet.
Old 10-16-2003, 01:05 PM   #26
inferno
The Instigator

Default Re: Re: Governor Schwartzenegger

Quote:
Originally posted by 84_GT350
Ummm...I don't think that's limited solely to democrats. That's where this country got it wrong...picking sides politically. Both sides have horrible ideas and both sides have great ideas. Me personally, I'm pro-choice...but I also like my guns and tobacco (no, this is not an invitation for a debate, just staing a point). I guess I just need to create my own party cuz I'm not religious and I'm not in greenpeace.
I agree totally. Both parties have there good and bad and are only out to protect their own interest. Arnold might be in office for a while if he doesn't stick to party lines and actually does the will of the people.
Old 10-16-2003, 01:09 PM   #27
84_GT350
Registered Member

Absolutely. I don't dislike Arnold because he's a republican or a conservative or what have you. I dislike him because I think he's an idiot. Remember when we were about to go to war and all of those actors stood up against it and everyone said "why the F should I listen to them? They're actors."? Same thing. Actors make a career out of lying. This is who you want leading your state? I just hope he proves me wrong.
Old 10-16-2003, 07:40 PM   #28
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Quote:
Absolutely. I don't dislike Arnold because he's a republican or a conservative or what have you. I dislike him because I think he's an idiot. Remember when we were about to go to war and all of those actors stood up against it and everyone said "why the F should I listen to them? They're actors."? Same thing. Actors make a career out of lying. This is who you want leading your state? I just hope he proves me wrong.

I think he will prove to be better then most
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 09:00 PM   #29
inferno
The Instigator

Well, its like this, he HAS to do good or he WILL be out next election. There are too many democrats in California and the only reason why Arnold did win the recall is he only had to have the majority of the recall votes. In a normal election he wouldn't stand a chance unless he does something to improve the state.
Old 10-18-2003, 11:21 PM   #30
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

Quote:
What you dont realize is he was a succesful businesman not unlike many other politicians before he was an actor.
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 05:06 PM   #31
Mr 5 0

Exclamation Governor-elect Schwartzenegger

Arnold Schwartzenegger was an immigrant and a successful bodybuilder who invested his winnings in California real estate. He was a self-made millionaire by his mid-20's. Nobody gave him anything. He didn't get into movies until he was almost 30 and despite his foreign-sounding, hard-to-pronounce name, his Austrian accent and his oversized muscles, he became a huge success and made many more millions while managing to marry a Kennedy relative in the process. Arnold Schwartzenegger is no pampered actor who never did a hard days work and has a mouthful of anti-American garbage to spew out at us, like too many Hollywood prima donnas. He's for real.

Arnold Schwartzenegger is a very rich, successful and intelligent man who, at age 56, needs the Govnership of California like he needs more muscles. He ran because he cared about the demise of his adopted state. What the heck has Sean Penn or any of these other Hollywood leftists that bash the president 24/7 ever contributed to California besides their tax money? Arnold didn't just complain about the state and it's corrupt leadership, he put himself on the line and walked away from another 20-million-dollar payday in Terminator 4 to run for Governor, a thankless job. Those who know zilch about Arnold Schwartzenegger or politics and offer flip negative comments simply miss the point that the election of Arnold Schwartzenegger is a good thing for the state of California and will improve things in that troubled state.

For the politically uninformed, Schwartzenegger is a 'moderate' Republican, that is, he is pro-choice and pro-gay-marriage but believes in the Second Amendment and especially in lower taxes. No conservative by a long shot by also no flaming liberal who wants to tax everyone to death, either. Schwartzenegger is honest and owes the special interests nothing. California needs change from the corrupt government it's tolerated for too long. Schwartzenegger's big election victory proved that Californians are ready to try something new. Arnold Schwartzenegger is what the stste needs and in 3 years, California will be better for his being Governor.
Old 10-19-2003, 06:32 PM   #32
inferno
The Instigator

I understand what you are saying Mr 5.0, but you know that I'm right in saying that he HAS to make an improvement before the end of his term if he wants to stay in office for another. On top of that, any negatives will be strong ammunition for anyone who runs against him. I never said that he doesn't have the potential to do a good job, but if he wants to have more than one term, he HAS to do a good job.
Old 10-20-2003, 03:36 AM   #33
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

I think and hope he will do a good job At least davis is gone and that moron Bustamante didnt get in
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 10:21 AM   #34
84_GT350
Registered Member

Default Re: Governor-elect Schwartzenegger

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr 5 0
Arnold Schwartzenegger was an immigrant and a successful bodybuilder who invested his winnings in California real estate. He was a self-made millionaire by his mid-20's. Nobody gave him anything. He didn't get into movies until he was almost 30 and despite his foreign-sounding, hard-to-pronounce name, his Austrian accent and his oversized muscles, he became a huge success and made many more millions while managing to marry a Kennedy relative in the process. Arnold Schwartzenegger is no pampered actor who never did a hard days work and has a mouthful of anti-American garbage to spew out at us, like too many Hollywood prima donnas. He's for real.

Arnold Schwartzenegger is a very rich, successful and intelligent man who, at age 56, needs the Govnership of California like he needs more muscles. He ran because he cared about the demise of his adopted state. What the heck has Sean Penn or any of these other Hollywood leftists that bash the president 24/7 ever contributed to California besides their tax money? Arnold didn't just complain about the state and it's corrupt leadership, he put himself on the line and walked away from another 20-million-dollar payday in Terminator 4 to run for Governor, a thankless job. Those who know zilch about Arnold Schwartzenegger or politics and offer flip negative comments simply miss the point that the election of Arnold Schwartzenegger is a good thing for the state of California and will improve things in that troubled state.

For the politically uninformed, Schwartzenegger is a 'moderate' Republican, that is, he is pro-choice and pro-gay-marriage but believes in the Second Amendment and especially in lower taxes. No conservative by a long shot by also no flaming liberal who wants to tax everyone to death, either. Schwartzenegger is honest and owes the special interests nothing. California needs change from the corrupt government it's tolerated for too long. Schwartzenegger's big election victory proved that Californians are ready to try something new. Arnold Schwartzenegger is what the stste needs and in 3 years, California will be better for his being Governor.
I still don't buy him as a politician. Did he make some good investments? Sure. Will such things help California? Probably not. He can't invest their money. I think people have very good reasons to offer negative comments. The man openly admitted to sexually harrassing women and it was like water off a duck's back. Instead of facing the fact that they were backing a guy who'd screwed up, they said "awwww...he's so honest". Wow...I'm sure Californians were desperate but that's just ridiculous. Saying he's a moderate doesn't help much either. I think it's more like he's trying to play to both sides. He wants the republican vote but he's trying to get as many democrats on board by telling them what they want to hear. Problem is the dumb bastards fell for it. I also really don't think his name or accent was in any way a problem for his acting career...remember that he started out as Conan who was a barbarian (as the the movie names imply) from the middle ages. Plus you don't watch those movies for dialogue...it's all about some ripped guy gutting other barbarians. As for turning down a Terminator 4...you think he's hurting over not making another $20 million? Correction: he wasn't a pampered actor. Now he's got more money than god and I have a nagging suspicion that since he's married to a Kennedy relative he feels he's got to do something political. California needed a change...absolutely. Davis seemed like such a douche and hescrewed that state sooooo bad. I'm just not sure some actor fits the bill. I also think it should be a prerequisite for the office that you need to be able to properly pronounce "gubernatorial". To me, the guy'll always be a pandering moron (much like certain other elected officials of higher power).
Old 10-20-2003, 05:31 PM   #35
Mr 5 0

Exclamation Re: Re: Governor-elect Schwartzenegger

Originally posted by 84_GT350 :

Quote:
I still don't buy him as a politician. Did he make some good investments? Sure. Will such things help California? Probably not. He can't invest their money.
The point was that Schwartzenegger has years of experience in big-time financial dealings that career politicians don't have so all they know to do is tax and spend, and that casued a lot of California's financial problems.

Quote:
I think people have very good reasons to offer negative comments. The man openly admitted to sexually harrassing women and it was like water off a duck's back. Instead of facing the fact that they were backing a guy who'd screwed up, they said "awwww...he's so honest". Wow...I'm sure Californians were desperate but that's just ridiculous.
Most of these harrassment claims were anonymous and probably bogus and involved little more tha some woman saying Arnold touched her butt in 1978 at some gym. Right. Funny, the women never mentioned any of this for 10, 20, 30 years and never sued Schwartzenegger when they had to know how rich he was. Californians were not stupid - they knew an election fraud when they saw one and the L.A. Times had little credibility on this manufactured 'scandal'. THank God for intelligent voters.

Quote:
Saying he's a moderate doesn't help much either. I think it's more like he's trying to play to both sides. He wants the republican vote but he's trying to get as many democrats on board by telling them what they want to hear. Problem is the dumb bastards fell for it.
You obviously do not understand the nuances present in politics. A Republican moderate is quite common. Think former N.Y. Mayor Rudy Guliani...fiscally conservative, socially liberal, and a heckofa good mayor.

Quote:
I also really don't think his name or accent was in any way a problem for his acting career...remember that he started out as Conan who was a barbarian (as the the movie names imply) from the middle ages. Plus you don't watch those movies for dialogue...it's all about some ripped guy gutting other barbarians.
Oh, yeah, that explains his 25-year success, including non-Terminator films. Gimme a break.

Quote:
As for turning down a Terminator 4...you think he's hurting over not making another $20 million? Correction: he wasn't a pampered actor. Now he's got more money than god and I have a nagging suspicion that since he's married to a Kennedy relative he feels he's got to do something political. California needed a change...absolutely. Davis seemed like such a douche and hescrewed that state sooooo bad. I'm just not sure some actor fits the bill. I also think it should be a prerequisite for the office that you need to be able to properly pronounce "gubernatorial". To me, the guy'll always be a pandering moron (much like certain other elected officials of higher power).
Obviously, if Schwartzenegger walked on water you would find something to complain about so I don't see much point in debating with a stone, partisan, wall who has decided Arnold Schwartzenegger is unworthy of the office he has won, democratically. California voters disgarred with you. Arnold won and won big and now he has to deliver, of course. He will, and all the carping criticisms such as yours about 'actors' will be forgotten when he does.
Old 10-20-2003, 07:04 PM   #36
84_GT350
Registered Member

Actually, if you read back, I'm reluctantly willing to give him a chance and see how he does. I just don't see him pulling this one out. Trust me...just because I think California voters screwed the pooch electing him doesn't mean I'm partisan. Again, if you'll read back, I think that both of the major parties in this country are ridiculous and childish and that anyone who labels themselves as such is too close minded to see the bigger picture. You do have to admit, the people of California aren't exactly known for a long track record of great decisions. I'm willing to wait and see if he does a good job, but that doesn't mean I'll stop thinking he's a moron.
Old 10-21-2003, 02:30 PM   #37
Mr 5 0

Smile The Arnold Factor

Originally posted by 84_GT350 :

Quote:
I'm willing to wait and see if he does a good job, but that doesn't mean I'll stop thinking he's a moron.
O.K., so you're a rugged individualist who doesn't think much of any politician or party but when a successful, intelligent guy comes along who is a true non-politician and not owned by the 'special interests' you call him a 'moron'. Quite a disconnect there. but the majority of Californians don't see it your way and I agree with them.

Arnold Schwartzenegger (who holds a degree in Business Management and Economics, by the way, not that this will matter to those who think he's a 'moron') may not be the panacea California would like but he'll make a difference and break the hold of the special interests as he can't be bought and doesn't care about running for higher office - and as a foreign-born citizen, he can't be president. Schwartzenegger will succeed and by doing so, California will improve, if not totally recover from where the tax-happy Democrats put it. Nice of you to give him a chance, a chance he earned from the voters of California.
Old 10-21-2003, 03:41 PM   #38
84_GT350
Registered Member

Just look at it this way...I have too little faith and you perhaps have too much. My opinion of his as a dolt has nothing to do with his political views but more his personal attitudes and choices. Either way it's solely an opinion. You're more than welcome to disagree...but you won't change my mind.

Edit: Nobody's a true "non-politician". Everyone has to start a political career somewhere. As for owing nothing to special interst groups...that should be followed up with the word "yet". Everyone has an agenda.
Old 10-21-2003, 05:39 PM   #39
Mr 5 0

Smile Governator Schwartzenegger

84_GT350:

The day I think a few messages exchanged on an internet messageboard will change the mind of one who calls people like Arnold Schwarzenegger a 'moron' is the day I'll start running for office as my powers of persuasion will have proven to be beyond my expectations. Not likely.

My purpose in posting is to refute some of your suppositions and offer another version of the picture you paint of Governor-elect Schwartzenegger. Having done so, I can now leave the thread. We made our respective points. Time will decide who was correct.
Old 10-22-2003, 12:49 AM   #40
Snakeman
Registered Member

Arrow what really scares me about arnold...

is WHOSE puppet he is.