MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-18-2001, 09:04 PM   #1
lx mike
Undescribable

Post Dreamer?

i guess you'd have to say i am a dreamer, i buy all the mustang magazines and go to all the web site and watch what everyone one else has done to there mustang and
i sit and dream about what i would/want to do with mine. thats the problrm with me thats as far as it goes. i just sit here and dream about it but never do anything besides dream. i have built my car in my mind so many diff ways but thats all.
one time it might be a road handling car then next i am thinking of good combo for a daily driver that can be fast and dependable.
just wish there was something/someone to push/help me do more than just dream and actually start doing something with my car, i think maybe it's cause i am afraid of change or maybe i am satisfied with my car the way it is. anyone else has a problem like this?? hard to make a decision??
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 09:16 PM   #2
84_GT350
Registered Member

Geez...if I could count all the projects I bought parts for then stopped for one reason or another. There's nothing wrong with planning. Just plan simple at first. After all the basic mods are out of the way you can get more complex (read: expensive). So yes, I do it too. *sigh*

------------------
1984 1/2 GT350 (#842 Hatchback w/ T-tops), 302HO, Comp cams Xtreme Energy cam, Carter 625cfm carb, Weiand Stealth intake, MSD distributor, MSD coil, FMS 9mm wires, 1 5/8" MAC unequal shorties, 2 1/2" MAC Prochamber H-pipe, Flowmaster 2 chambers, KYBs, 16"x8" 4 lug Cobra Rs, Falken 245/45ZR16s
84_GT350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 09:49 PM   #3
SkarodoM
Registered Member

Cool

lol i hear ya bro

I spent about 6months planning my mod route with the 'maro before i tore into it. Then i started with a pro5.0 shifter and some gears... while it was apart i decided to do something else.. then next thing i know.. it was a shortblock just sitting there lol. The damnable thing rode jackstands for bout 5.5months over the winter while i bought and sold parts etc. Finally got the thing back together =)

Next up, 9", swap shortblocks with the one im trying to piece together.. sell blower and go for a t76 =P

Nothin to it but to do it. Once you start.. its easy. Just take a ride in someones car who's way faster.. that ought to motivate ya =)

Phil
Jerico Performance
SkarodoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 10:02 PM   #4
Rev
Registered Member

Go the drag strip and make a few runs even if you're bone stock. Do this on test and tune night when folks are just testing and not really racing. You'll get a chance to see everything from 17 second ricers to 9 second bracket racers. Find people with cars you want yours to be like and talk to them in the staging lanes while you're waiting in line. Most people are friendly enough if you approach them right. Anyway you should get inspired by seeing what others have done. You will have a baseline for your car. Then with mods as you progress take it back again and see what improvement you've made. You'll improve your driving skills too. That's my advice anyway.

Rev

------------------
'66 Coupe, 306, 300 HP, C-4, 13.97 e.t., 100.3 mph
1/4 mi.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote