MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-30-2001, 12:29 AM   #1
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Post Favorite Dragonball Z Character?

--*everyone thinking to themselves, "what's this idiot talking about, Dragonball Z, who gives a crap..."*

Yeah, I'm 23 and I watch cartoons. So what.

Dragonball Z just really rocks. When I come home from school and work, I want to NOT learn anything else and just totally relax.

But, I KNOW there are others on this board who watch DBZ. So, who is your favorite character?

For me, I'd have to say Piccolo b/c he has NEVER backed out of a fight even when he knew it was impossible for him to win. If he knew it would help his friends, buy his friends some time in getting away, or simply stand up to a bully, he'd always go against the toughest with no fear even if it'd cost him his life. (Yeah I know Goku is the hero, but I'm gonna pic a different guy)

-------------------------------
'79 Mustang Coup
4" Cowl
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8)
Stock 5.8L
C4 w/ shift kit
1.5" MAC full length headers
Holley 750 CFM
Edelbrock intake
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
8.8" Rear end w/ 3.55 gears (Now that's more like it!!)
Front: 225/60/15 Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
14 x 4” K&N air filter (getting the Xtreme setup soon)

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 02:51 AM   #2
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

I like Fijira (spelling) He's such a jerk, and he always loses mwahahaha

someone's gotta cheer for the bad guy/underdog!!!

------------------
Elisha (Mustang Chick Extraordinaire)
1994 GT/Saleen: Cartech intake,4.10s, full exhaust, pulleys, Compucar nitrous kit 125 shot
Sold the 1986 LX sedan
http://www.geocities.com/mustangbelle_306
AOL name: GT306Chick

Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 08:51 AM   #3
stizzity
Registered Member

There's nothing wrong with watching cartoons. Cartoon Network is the best channel on TV.

My favorite DBZ character is Trunks, the bad @ss guy from the future that travels back to warn everyone of the androids. It is really sweet when he becomes and ascended sayan.
stizzity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 10:57 AM   #4
DemonGT
Registered Member

id have to say its a draw between goku and gohan...when gohan reaches super sayian level 2 when fighting cell is my fav part

------------------
'91 GT,91K,T-5,air silencer removed,racing clutch(previous owner put in so dont know what kind),K&N air filter,Aiwa deck,power acoustic amp,2 12" pianeers,Mac long tubes,Cat-back,off road H

Future Mods:3.73's,Pro 5.0,Shifter knob,FMS 9mm wires
DemonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 04:12 PM   #5
GTGrl00
Stang Chic Extraordinaire

Thumbs up

My favorite is Bulma...why you ask, well she's a chick that can just about fix and operate anything! =D Like me! hehehe j/k

------------------
Yours in SPEED=======
Mandy aka GTGRL00
GTGrl00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 10:01 PM   #6
StangFlyer
Founder

OMG! I work with a guy who is a Dragonball Z nut! He literally has a huge Dragonball Z tapestry/carpet hanging on the wall next to his desk at work. He also has statues of all the main characters on top his monitor too. Now that's a fan.

I've never really watched it myself, mainly because I don't have the time and it's on here at like midnight. However, I used to watch Robotech all the time years ago when that was a big hit.

------------------
Dan McClain, Editor
The Mustang Works Magazine
1991 Mustang GT - NOVI Supercharged 377 Stroker
1999 Ford Lightning SVT - 2000 Prototype updated by Roush
StangFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2001, 12:14 AM   #7
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Wink

"Maybe it's just me, but it seems like Fajita's got a bad case of hemmorhoids or something." Krillen

LOL!!!

I love Fajita, he's got like, mega-ego, it's so fun to watch him get stomped on. Trunks is next in line. Then maybe Goku. Hehe.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2001, 03:43 AM   #8
DemonGT
Registered Member

i think its spelt Vegita not Fajita

------------------
'91 GT,91K,T-5,air silencer removed,racing clutch(previous owner put in so dont know what kind),K&N air filter,Aiwa deck,power acoustic amp,2 12" pianeers,Mac long tubes,Cat-back,off road H

Future Mods:3.73's,Pro 5.0,Shifter knob,FMS 9mm wires,E303 cam
DemonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2001, 12:11 PM   #9
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

ooooo that's right not Figita VIGIRA!!!!

yay thanks guys. I used to watch Cartoon Network every ******* day. When I lived in Maryland, my roommate and I would fight between MTV and CN...she usually won being home more than I (lazy SOB)
Everyone made fun of me because I love cartoons...I mean why not? They make you happy, if someone dies, they always come back to life, and hell, they make you LAFF!

I love Dexter, Powerpuff girls, merry melodies.....

Sadly, when I moved down to VA, I finally had an apartment to myself...and NO CARTOON NETWORK!!! They didn't offer it here, so I shut off my cable

------------------
Elisha (Mustang Chick Extraordinaire)
1994 GT/Saleen: Cartech intake,4.10s, full exhaust, pulleys, Compucar nitrous kit 125 shot
Sold the 1986 LX sedan
http://www.geocities.com/mustangbelle_306
AOL name: GT306Chick

Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2001, 02:18 PM   #10
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Thumbs up

Re: DBZ

Favorite male: Vegeta

Favorite female: Android #18

FYI: Until recently, DBZ was the most-watched TV show in the world. Still kicks.

I'm a fan of Japanese Anime and have seen every episode of Sailor Moon, Neon Genesis Evangelion (fantastic series) and other popular Japanese shows. I'm in the middle of the Tenchi series now and recently enjoyed a great and quite different Anime film entitled "My Neighbors the Yamadas".

I'm also watching a series called 'Hana Yori Dango' about a non-conformist poor girl in a select private high school where the the rich rule, as she stands up to them.
Deeper than it may sound and well done, as many of these series are, with thoughtful plots and well-honed characters.

Anime isn't for everyone and I like the original versions, in Japanese (with subtitles) that don't cut the films up the way they do on Cartoon Network to satisfy sponsor concerns about storylines, language and nudity (rare). I have a source who gets the originals (fan-subbed) from Japan so I'm fortunate.

I don't have a lot of spare time for this little distraction, but I certainly enjoy it and want others to know that Anime is great form of entertainment that is growing in popularity every day.
Join the club and discover something new, different and refreshing. Everything Japanese isn't about rice; The majority of Anime characters look American, which I find amusing but sort of comforting, too.
Anime is cool and no one need be shy about enjoying a new type of art form that entertains us and (gasp!) may even teach us something once in awhile.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2001, 04:13 PM   #11
Power
Registered Member

Am I the only super geek that watches foxnews and TLC? I don't think I've ever watched cartoons, always been too much into other things. Oh yeah....what about TNN....??

------------------
1966 Baby blue Coupe, 289 w/ man. 3-speed, nothing special but the fact that it is my first mustang. I am a former import guru....no more.

I've never run it except on the street, it has new wheels & tires, new exaust, and that about covers it. Looking to change a lot in the future including engine. Any ideas are appreciated.
Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2001, 09:52 PM   #12
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Cool

It's spelled Vegeta.

I knew there were some of you around here.

Mr. 5.0, I didn't know you were so much into Japanime.

I'm sure you all have seen Ninja Scrolls, one of the best movies out there. What about Akira, Vampire Hunter D, and Golgo 13: The Professional? Those are only 4 of my favorites. I think my first exposure to Japanime series was the Transformers. The first Japanime movie I ever saw was Fist of the North Star. That was deep and I was hooked.

Oh yeah, Mustangbelle306, I'd have to say my favorite of the newer cartoons on CN, are Dexter's Laboratory and PP girls.

-------------------------------
'79 Mustang Coup
4" Cowl
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8)
Stock 5.8L
C4 w/ shift kit
1.5" MAC full length headers
Holley 750 CFM
Edelbrock intake
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
8.8" Rear end w/ 3.55 gears (Now that's more like it!!)
Front: 225/60/15 Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
14 x 4” K&N air filter (getting the Xtreme setup soon)

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2001, 10:23 PM   #13
Tod
Registered Member

Talking

LOL you guys are awsome. I looove talkin cartoons. Sadly, i NEVER watch DBZ , but i got friends who LOVE it. I've always loved Merry Melodies, me and my dad(wtf) can watch those things all day. He thinks Bugs Bunny is THE funniest cartoon character ever. *ahem*

Anywho, since were on cartoons, I thought i'd give a shout out to Freakazoid. That show is quite possibly the funniest on CN. I know people don't like it because it has a off-beat sense of humor. But since that's kinda what mine is like, I can't get enough of that show. Freakazoid is exactly what I would be like as a "Superhero" lol.

F!

[This message has been edited by Tod (edited 03-31-2001).]
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2001, 11:38 PM   #14
StangFlyer
Founder

Lightbulb

**** DAN DROPS HIS JAW AT Mr 5.0! ****

Fox Body, even I didn't know Jim was into Anime! Yikes, and just when I thought I had Jim all figured... AHAHAHAHA...

Mr 5.0, Tenchi's a cool show. I've seen a few of the episodes / videos...

------------------
Dan McClain, Editor
Old 04-01-2001, 01:41 AM   #15
white00GT
Registered Member

hummm..I'm gonna go with...uhhh Goku because he knows instateliportation. Thats probably one word, two words or just plain spelled wrong but I don't care. But anyway, anyone ever watch Outlaw Star right after DBZ? I like to watch DBZ then Outlaw Star. HEHE I do wanna grow up I'm a toysRus kid...LOL

------------------
2000 Mustang GT
white00GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2001, 04:37 PM   #16
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Talking

Dan:

Surprise! I have varied interests.

I'm a news and political junkie, as you know, as well as a performance-car fan (Mustang variety). My tastes in entertainment run from Mister Bean (if you have to ask, it doesn't matter) and the old silent comedies (Harold Lloyd and Chaplin were brilliant) to Orson Welles: 'A Touch of Evil' is my favorite over 'Citizen Kane' which was genius for a guy of 25 to accomplish his first time out as a movie director. I love the older foreign films; the Japanese masterpiece 'Lady In The Dunes' is a favorite and many French films are interesting ('The 400 Blows') and the contrast with American films is somewhat startling the first few times you view one, especially with the required sub-titles.
I've been known to enjoy a Shakespeare film (Mel Gibson did a decent 'Hamlet' a few years back) and I've even enjoyed some light opera performed on tape ('The Barber of Seville' is really entertaining).
When it comes to books; I read everything from Salinger to Updike to Stephen King and most in-between, including bios of the famous (and interesting)and , yes, auto tech manuals. Gotta keep up.
I like light jazz, too.

You get the point, I'm sure. We're all complicated and no one ever 'figures anyone out'. I hope your jaw is O.K.

Regards;

Jim
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2001, 09:31 PM   #17
HemiBoo
Registered Member

My fav. character off DBZ would have to be Gohan. He is very determined and will be the most powerful fighter on earth. I love how much him and Goku eat when they are in the time chamber . It's a shame they took outlaw star off after DBL
HemiBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2001, 01:44 PM   #18
StangFlyer
Founder

Talking

Jim, my jaw is sour - but, I'll live!

Anyone ever seen Yoko, the dragon hunter (or something like that). That movie was funny as heck! I saw the subtitled version too, which made it that much more hilarious.

------------------
Dan McClain, Editor
Old 04-03-2001, 09:16 PM   #19
wishstang
Registered Member

Talking

i watch DBZ everyday. it is the best cartoon ever made in my opinion. i like gohan the best. he has a humungous determination to fight just like my determination for a mustang. did everybody see the end to the cell saga? i saw it and it was very surprising. now all we need is dragonball GT. this is not no ordinary cartoon. this cartoon is awesome because it has tons of action and suspense. every time i see a new episode i think what is going to happen?
wishstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2001, 07:17 AM   #20
obsdn
Registered Member

Smile

Greetings All,

I'm the guy that Dan was refering to with all the DBZ paraphernalia. I too have been into anime for quite some time and have aquired a decent collection over the years.

I totally agree with Fox Body. Piccolo is by far the best. Even Gohan agrees... he sports the same garb.

But I only watch 'cause of the kids ( yea that's it )

------------------
"Education is the progressive realization of our own ignorance." -Bubbles (PowerPuffGirls)
obsdn is offline   Reply With Quote