MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-17-2001, 02:18 AM   #1
DemonGT
Registered Member

Post CLOSE TO DEATH!!(long)

last night i was taken my buddy home and to get to his house you have to go up this hill and at the top of the hill is a bridge that goes over the interstate..in the winter the bridge is really slippery..we had light flurys here and it wasnt to warm..but i never gave it a thought cause its April and i didnt think it was cold enough to be to slick..anyway..i usually go up the hill in 3rd gear then at the top before the bridge hit 4th..then once over the bridge i push in the clutch and coast the rest of the way...so im going up the hill will my buddy and its geting time to shift to 4th..but im thinken..nah..ill just go faster in 3rd then once over the bridge ill coast...so im speeding up..i get to the bridge not thinken much just chillen..then all a sudden my back tire breaks loose and im like "WTF!!" then the posi kicks in and my whole *** end starts swingin to the right..im like "sh*t!!"..so i push the clutch in and start currecting it..at this point im doing all i can to not smack the side of the bridge..i start geting straight so im not to worryed anymore..i figure im a little sideways but when i hit dry payvment ill straighten out WRONG...because of my tires spining on the bridge my rear tires picked up some water and were slick...i hit the payvment and the car whips to the left *** end going the other way..nose pointing to the ditch..at this point the car is 100% side ways..lucky mustangs are so low to the ground or it would have rolled right there...so..i correct it the other way only to find myself even more sideways facing the other way now..now the car is all the way sideways the other way..and the *** end is heading to the ditch..im thinken.."well..my stang is totaled were going to roll right here" but what happend is..the rear tires went in the grassy ditch and the front tires stayed i nthe gravel..so we slide side ways half in the ditch for a good...mmm..25-30 feet..then..im thinken.."isnt there a sign some where along here..oh sh*t" but just before the sign for some odd reason my car just shot forward out of the ditch like a jack rabbit..it fish tailed one more time and that was it....so now my passanger side rear tires is caked with grass and dirt..the under side of my car is also in the back..going to look in the day light see if anything is broke..gota take the tire off the rim and clean the dirt out..and take a hose and spray the under side of my car...i know i thought for sure me AND my stang AND my buddy were goners...thank god for stangs suspension

------------------
'91 GT,91K,T-5,air silencer removed,racing clutch(previous owner put in so dont know what kind),K&N air filter,Aiwa deck,power acoustic amp,2 12" pianeers,Mac long tubes,Cat-back,off road H,FMS 9mm wires

Future Mods:3.73's,Pro 5.0,Shifter knob,E303 cam,cobra intake,76mm MAF,70mm tb
ICQ#35670781
DemonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2001, 08:30 AM   #2
stizzity
Registered Member

sliding on ice is some scary sh!t. here's my story about ice. i just dropped a friend off after a party and was on my back home. to get home i have to go on the highway to go over the bay. i doubt anyone has ever seen it, but the 269 exit in marblehead has a lot of weird criss crossing curves so there are no stops, just yields. so i'm on my way home and i yield at the sign. now the regular speed limit for the area is 55, and i was only going around 30 because i knew that the road could get slick, but nothing like i was about to encounter. so i'm going around this curve when the back left tire slips on some black ice. the traction control kicked in and i almost had the slight slide corrected when i get to more black ice dead ahead. i'm still correcting from the first slide when i hit it. i was totally spun around and stopped in a slight ditch which was full of snow and mud. it all happened very fast. one moment i'm driving forward and the next i'm in the ditch facing the wrong way. thankfully i wasn't that far from my friend's house and even better was that her step dad had a tow truck to pull me out. the left side was buried in mud and snow, but she still drove home. if it wasn't for the suspension i probably would have flipped too. thank god i didn't. when all was said and done the damage was $3,300, but at least i drove away from it.
stizzity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2001, 01:43 PM   #3
NoSlow5.0
YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!!

DUDE!! That is some scarry sh1t! Please be careful guys, i don't want to be reading about a member of the Works being in the hospital or the ground. Be safe, and keep it shiny side up! Light Em Up!!!
NoSlow5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2001, 08:10 PM   #4
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Glad you, your friend and the stang are okay dude.

-------------------------------
'79 Mustang Coup w/ 4" Cowl
Stock 5.8L, C4 w/ shift kit
Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake
1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, Al driveshaft
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s
14 x 4” K&N air filter (getting the Xtreme setup soon)

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote