MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-19-2001, 10:16 PM   #1
Thad
Registered Member

Post Frankenstien lives!:eek:

My girlfriend owns a 72 VW bus thats been totally modified to Frankenstien level. it just so happens to have a 71 v-6 ford merc Capri engine in it. It had some heating and starting problems but i finally got it up and running this weekend after it sitting for about6 monthes. I can't believe it still runs after that long! Doesn't sound to bad either. If anyone knows anything about theis engine let me know. I can't find a repair manual for it anywhere.Any way. Time to work on the Stang.

------------------
90 LX 5.0 ,bored 302, MSD 6AL, Twisted Wedge TrickFlo HDs, World class T5, BBK fender cold air induct., 70mm TB,Edelbrock performer Intake, aluminum Drve shaft, 3.55 Gears, Long Tube Headers to Flowmasters.
Thad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2001, 10:23 PM   #2
Rev
Registered Member

I'm curious Thad. How is the engine, tranny/transaxle configured? Specifically, what transaxle was used? Sounds interesting. Tell us how it was done.

Rev

------------------
'66 Coupe, 306, 300 HP, C-4, 13.97 e.t., 100.3 mph
1/4 mi.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2001, 01:52 AM   #3
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Got it started, huh? lol this thing is a beast... I'll have to get a good pic of it and put it up! It's a good stoner bus, if I may say so myself!

------------------
Joe!
1988 GT, 167,000 miles!!! 13.58@105mph Check out my listing! Click here! Or my website:
www.joe4speed.com
1999 Ninja ZX-6R 10.32@135mph!
1993 Olds Eighty Eight LSS 16.40@88.8mph

joe4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2001, 08:20 AM   #4
Thad
Registered Member

I couldn't tell you just yet how they put the transaxle on to the engine. I haven't dug that far into it yet. It looks like they took the engine and front wheel drive transaxle and turned it 180 degrees and made it run reversed some how. Like i said i haven't dug that deep yet but thios summer i will be head deep and i'll post what i find out. it's got a little umf!The carb got a little adjustment so it's running smoother. The whole engine thing is a bit difficult at this point cause i can't find a manual on it. I've checked everywhere.Anyway, JL1314 will be sure to post some pic of it so you'll see what i mean.

------------------
90 LX 5.0 ,bored 302, MSD 6AL, Twisted Wedge TrickFlo HDs, World class T5, BBK fender cold air induct., 70mm TB,Edelbrock performer Intake, aluminum Drve shaft, 3.55 Gears, Long Tube Headers to Flowmasters.
Thad is offline   Reply With Quote