MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-04-2001, 03:10 AM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Wink 2 Chamber Flowmasters= Rice Repelant!!???

I noticed that ever since I got my 40 series Flows on, not to many Rice Mobiles have tryed to pick a fight. Where as before, they all wanted to Line em up.

A saw a guy in a lowered, spoiler, fart tipped, body effected (More like infected) Honda racing and leaving everylight. He and a guy in an Intergra got into a race while I was a few cars behind. The guy reved at everything. At one light the passenger was pointing behind, towards me, and the driver looked at me and my car and reved.

The light turned green and he took off, the next light that was less than 1/8 mile away was red and traffic was light enough that I got over and pulled up beside him. He revved, and I sat there for a few moments listening to him revving. I looked over and they were looking at me wearing these big ugly toothy grins. I stared at them, all relaxed and unimpressed, I yawned. Then the guy took it up so high he tagged the rev limiter while revving.

I got sick of it and throw two revs back. first was to 3500 RPM, next was to 5 grand. They stopped right then and there. The drive looked straight ahead, the passenger nodded his head in what looked like approval.

The driver didnt want to race, but I showed how fast I could get to sixity right quick like. At the next light, I threw one rev and couldnt help but laugh. The light changed and before I took off, I yelled "C-ya".

Similar thing happened tonight. I love my flowMasters.

------------------
64 1/2 "D" code Red Mustang Coupe. 289, C4, Mallory duel point. Ported & Polished 65 heads shaved .01 with 351 valves, 11:1 comp, 1.7:1 rockers, blue wolverine lumpy cam, modified 4100 Hipo 4 barrel. GT Apperance pkg. And to many others to list
2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. BBK Underdrive pulleys, Flotech off-road H pipe. Hurst T-Handle, 40 series Flowmasters, Steeda Tri-Ax
64 1/2 red 6cyl coupe.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 09:46 AM   #2
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

he he hee. My brother does that too, but he has side exhaust so the tips point straight at there heads

------------------
1990 Dodge Dynasty with 275,000 miles. Mods:chiped paint, CD player. Sucks but it was free. Praying for a stang.
The "Guetto Glider"

If it ain't broke, you ain't tryin hard enough
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 10:08 AM   #3
Tod
Registered Member

aahh yes the beautiful sound of 2 chamber flowmasters repelling any and all ricers with a heavy foot. i just got my 2 chamber flows put on last friday and have already had a few of those encounters (2 or 3). the second encounter took a big 'ole burnout to edge up to the line to shut a kid up in his civic. yes i said civic. but i've even had to rev on a fellow stang in an alotment(sp?) coming the other way. this guy has a fox body (93 i think) with racing stripes and guages on the dash and he's got nice sounding exhaust as well. but he's flicked me off a handful of times and he lives in my town. he didn't rev this time so i was able to make sure he heard my stangs "new voice".

dang i love flows
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 11:32 AM   #4
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Not to many people have reved at me since I got the flows put on, at a light one time, a guy in a new Cougar said to his Girl "Hey honey. Wanna see me get my A$$ smoked?" Then after a few seconds, "Man that thing sound mean." Wait until I finish my next Street project buddy.

Ahhhhhhh yes, I love it. Loud V8=much goodness.
Old 07-04-2001, 12:30 PM   #5
Fasterback!
Registered Member

This is great i am gonnabuy some exhaust system and these sound great do u have a price on the flows and possibly labor wages. or just tell me how much i costed u all tgether. thanks
Fasterback! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 01:58 PM   #6
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Parts, and Labor for the 40 series flows came to 209 dollars.
Old 07-04-2001, 02:52 PM   #7
Fasterback!
Registered Member

Hey thats a pretty good price range. i was thinkng it was more. Are there any other exhaust systems that sound better than the flows cause i have a decent amount of money right now to spend on really loud ones. thanks
Fasterback! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 09:01 PM   #8
Stang Runner
Registered Member

Love my RPM Edelbrock's I did have some flows but got some cool stainless RPM's now like them better than the Flows

------------------
1988 LX 5.0 3060lbs (full Tank) 14.90@100.2 On a Gtech Drivetrain: 2.73 Stock Gears (New Gears Are in my house3.55), World Class T-5, Lakewood Bellhousing, Summit Adjustable Cluch Quadrant & Cable, Alumminum Driveshaft, Flaming River Manual Steering Rack Suspension: MAC Control Arms,Maximum Motorsports Front Grip Package, H&R Sport Spings, Bilstein Shocks
Engine: Steal Mounts, Ram air, K&N, Under Drive Pulles
Exhaust: 1 5/8 Un-Equal Length Mac Headers, X-pipe W\cats, Edelbrock cat\ba
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 10:29 PM   #9
69fastback
IRAQ VET

I have some single chambered dnyo max mufflers. At a car show one time I started her up and threw a couple of revs and actually some ppl come running over putting their fingers in their ears it was great.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote